1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hakkeshou (new stance)

Discussion in 'Pai' started by GodEater, Jun 15, 2012.

1. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    I do love this stance and I've just seen some additional entry points into it above which is awesome plus some combos from the low kick attack. Great stuff.

2. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Yea hakkeshou is great but you have to use it wisely. Hakkeshou [P] or [K] are great for meaties setups. Combos like [3][K][+][G] > [6][K][+][G] > [6_][P] > [6][P][+][K][9]or [3][P][+][K][+][G] as ender ,if the opponent tech rolled after it you can catch him by hakkeshou [P] as a meaty attack or like the example in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwswZObtF1o ( hakkeshou [P] its also + 2 in guard ). Also and hakkeshou [K] its great as a meaty, look the example in this video at 00:16 (its jacky specific though :) ) www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsJ0XHthYq4 ( also hakkeshou [K] crush the rising kicks from the ground and requires great timing. All of these are great and extra oki setups but i recommend to not doing it too often. You have to be unpredictable with these cool tools and stuffs. :p Also i see many jp players to do tactics like whiff [6][P][+][K] or[P] [6][P][+][K] mix up ( in block) or [3][P][P] purposely trying to fishing jabs or elbows from opponents for the opportunity to sabaki them (sabaki or inashi whatever :) )by [9] or [3][P][+][K][+][G]. Its great stance but you have to use it wisely.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Thanks for that :) . I was using this stance initially because the throw from it is so awesome and most opponents online will freeze in block after you do it to them allowing me to sneak in for another throw (especially her quarter circle throw for extra style points or even 64[P][+][G] so that they're just getting pushed around so much they don't even know what's happening to them).

[K] and [P] options are great as well and I didn't know there was combo potential from the low kick so that's great news! :D. Now see meaties also.

Mostly I appreciate this stance because it's a great way to take Pai's labyrinth right into their front yard by getting right up in their face with it where her other stances need a bit more room. Haven't had the balls to do the deflect though. I don't think I've even seen it...

Ylyon and Sozos like this.
  4. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    Try it against elbow happy Akiras, by entering from 6P+K, then holding 9 or 3 on the stick (if on P1). You'll get like almost the max plus-frames I just tested in a match (+43) where after that, you can obviously hit them with anything you like. Looks especially sweet to close the match :) Something to throw out there sparingly though, most of the time, as you're wide open to throws, or any kind of K float.
    If you ever land the mini throw from this stance, try coming straight back in with another full throw, preferably the half-circle-back 60 pointer, or the 46P+G big combo starter. Against the more defensive, patient players, it may be better to enter the stance after PPP instead, as they're often waiting for the sweep, so then you can just hit the mid level P knockdown and follow that up (if it's blocked, you're still on +2 anyway, so you could try a 5K float at 14 frames, or even buffer into 33P+K at 16, and get ready to max combo from there if you see the yellow flash).

5. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    You just gave me my own advice back to me. I said the same thing in my comment above yours. :p

6. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    The way i like to use hakkeshou is mostly in oki/meaty situations.Hakkeshou P is mid launcher in NH and +2 in guard. You have to use it wisely. Also you can risk it for inashi when moves like 6P+K, PPP or 3PP for example where are moves that you can enter to hakkeshou got whiff, its a good strategy to bait them to make the fault and catching them with inashi. Of course some players would notice that strategy and easily could launch you but the smart thing to do is to bait them to make the fault.

* Hakkeshou inashi works only against jabs or elbows..

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  7. Hououin_Kyouma

Hououin_Kyouma Active Member

Whoa... didn't notice the stance name back when I started FS(for I'm Aoi player... mostly), I just called it "Pai's bagua-like step"... Yeah, Hakkeshou is japanese for Baguazhang...

8. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

That stance is interesting.