1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hard-to-find Info for newbies.

Discussion in 'General' started by HofHaH, Aug 23, 2016.

1. HofHaH

HofHaH Member

Sorry to be nitpicky but I'm a language and communications instructor.
    How to find the version of the game one is playing should be prominent and easy to find on this site.
    Should one assume that they are written in order from oldest to newest in the little box at the bottom of the "Commands" and "Combos" page? And should one take for granted they are playing the latest version because they have internet?
    The game versions aren't numbered sequentially in those boxes and the games are on a variety of platforms.

And where is the legend for this 66XX 41XX notation that some players and moderators use on the forums and "Commands" and "Combos" pages?

Chanchai, Tricky and BLACKSTAR like this.
  2. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    What do you think, @Myke ?

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    For reference:

upload_2016-8-25_20-29-31.png

The game versions are numbered sequentially, and displayed in ascending, or official release order. The fact that the current / latest game is highlighted in bold should indicate to the user where they are in the timeline of VF games, i.e. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (Ver.A) is the latest.

However, I do take your point about the availability on a variety of (home) platforms and will look to see how to better convey this information.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/controls/