1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Health Bar Test 4 License Challenge VF5FS Sparring Partner?

Discussion in 'Console' started by masterpo, Nov 17, 2015.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I think no matter what level you are , this License Challenge on Hard will definitely give you a good work out.:ROTFL:

I've failed to beat this opponent in 3 consecutive matches after 'many many attempts'. I know some folks have got passed this Taka once, but try to do it 2 or 3 times consecutively , to me its hard (which is a good thing). So I started using Health Bar Test 4 as a sparring partner, whenever I'm trying to up my game, add new combos, new zoning techniques, throws escapes etc. Its a good change up from the dojo. This License Challenge is now the first place I go before the dojo.

Has anybody found a basic weakness in this Taka?

Not only does he have a lot more health, everything seems to be enhanced, his throw escapes, his wake up game, he seems to change from pitbull to turtle to rushdown at will. He has crazy recovery. Or is it that our attacks count for less?

The VF5FS dojo is excellent for training., But some of these License Challenges on Hard especially Health Bar Test 4 make for very good additional sparring partners too.

I only use Lei Fei, is this Taka easier to beat with other characters?

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

His recovery (and other properties of his moves) is exactly the same as it is in the rest of the game.

masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Then the only thing left to conclude, is I'm getting slower:cry:

4. masterpo

PSN:
    lastmonk
    I Finally beat this Health Test 4 & 5 on Hard Level 3 Consecutive times. Beating them once or even twice consecutively I thought could be chance., but 3 times,
    In both cases I used completely defensive play, especially with Taka, just counter hits, DM and throws. (y)

on Health Test 5 getting a perfect against PAI, taking only minimum Damage with Eileen, and then purely defensive play against AOI and Kage for the last two stages worked for me. 3 Consecutive times.

I know some have said the AI in License Challenge mode is nothing special and that the AI does not adapt., but..... As I changed my styles the AI would definitely change to match and in the end we were both playing the counter hit game. It got so bad with Taka that in two rounds we want 'Time Up' and I won on points.:confused:

Unfortunately License Challenge mode has probably been overlooked by a lot of players, at least that what I get when I look at other player's trophies, many haven't done license challenge mode at all. :cry: I know many will disagree , but I think the AI in License Challenge mode is different than what can be set up in the Dojo. Trying out new combos and strings in License Challenge on Hard is a whole different experience..,
    Its a big standalone Quest mode with no real prizes (except extra skill gained). I seem to remember there are some kind of pics that are won on Xbox but the PS3 there are no pics that I'm aware of.