1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Keep VFDC Running

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Myke, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  2. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    I'm coming in late, but I think people are making this wayyyy, too hard. If it costs $100 US to run this site then that is 20 people paying $5.00 US, per month, or 10 people paying $10.00US. You may need a little more than that, because Paypal has to make something.

MasterPo said two things I really agree with.

No. 1
    Actually, that's more than one thing, and I agree with all of it (every single point in that paragraph). But I want call attention to, co-sign, and re-interate. VFDC is a fight game treasure. The gap between VFDC, the best FG site, and the second-best fighting game site is big enough to put the whole galaxy inside of it.

No. 2

He put his money where his mouth is.

That's 100US / 12 = $8.33US per month. That's not much at all. I commit $8.33US per month for at least two years, if VFDC can get two things.

1. A way for me to do a recurring monthly draft through PayPal.
    2. Some form of continuity plan so that the site can keep going if something happens to Myke. I'm not wishing bad luck on Myke, but anything can happen to one man at anytime. It would be a shame to lose it all as long as fighting games are still being made.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    I checked PayPal, they charge 2.9% + 0.30US for a transaction. That would make a 1/12 committment,

100 x 102.9% / 12 = $8.575
    $8.575 + $0.30 = $8.875US
    $8.88US

The question is would he need to get US dollars or would he need some other form.

EDIT:

I did some further searching and at least as of a few years ago PayPal did the international conversion and released the money in the currency set up by the donee/recipient. However they charged a fee of about 3% on top of the natural exchange rate if the money had to be converted.