1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help on timing reversals

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Zass, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Hi all,

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the timing is for Wolf's reversals (the low punch cut / slip behind/ shining wizard). I've used dojo input mode to look at what the CPU does in the example, and it looks like you have to wait for about 33 frames. I still can't get it consistently, which is driving me crazy. Does anyone have tips? I've tried mashing out [P] [+] [G] and that only works sometimes as well. Any tips?

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

It really depends from what kind of monitor you have. If you have a 0 lag monitor you should get the timing just watching Wolf doing the knee in face of you opponent. Since it's an hit throw after a reversal you need to get a visual signal to give you the right timing.

Zass likes this.
  3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

For sideswitch just hold 4 right after you've input 2P+K, don't wait for it to succeed or you won't get it.

For Shining wizard the timing is just as Wolf's knee smashes to their face. The window of opportunity is surprisingly small considering it doesn't seem to be too beneficial compared to getting behind them for a guaranteed combo.

Zass likes this.
  4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Yeah you need not to bother with Shining Wizard. For the side switch, just do 2P+K~hold 4 and you'll get it every time.

Zass likes this.
  5. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    Thanks all! That helped a lot.

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Hey Yomi and Combolammas, I would like to know which combo do you use after [2][P][+][K][4]. You get 15 frames of advantage, which means that every character besides Aoi will get the shoulder on their face. And if they don't abare the burning hammer is a viable option (but it's still a guess).
    usually i get 92 damage but is there something better to do?

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm not Wolf player but what I'd use from it (dunno who all it works on, midweights at least) is 46P+K, P, 9P+K, 2_36P, 666K+G for 93 (46P for 86).
    Or for oldschool style 4K+G!P+G to the back but that's bad damage in this game.
    What can Aoi do about that shoulder? She can't reverse that from BT.

8. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I do that same combo as Combolammas, haven't bothered to figure out anything better since it's a back combo and all.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Problem with this combo is that it starts from sidehit and on some characters, sidehit 9p+k tend to fail to bounce. Otherwise, this (or 664k+gk instead of 666k+g) is pretty good combo
    It will turn out into sidethrow :(
    But you can do "normal" throw for guaranteed 70-ps backthrow.

Also if you wanna make fun out of them, do 3k into 8624p+g (103) or GS (98/108) or neutral throw (68)

10. Mister

She has a dodge from back turned. In fact is the only character who can avoid the quick shoulder after change 4P+G and after the ground throw 2P+G facedown.