1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Brad ;-;

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Kefka, Nov 17, 2004.

1. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Re: Brad

Patience is especially valuable against players (A.I. or human) who constantly attack. The point ist that the quest A.I. Lion (standard, last arcade) will eventually do a move which leaves him at enough of a disatvantage for you to severly punish him for about a 3rd of the bar. I find the Lion A.I one of the easier ones in quest (Only Akira and Jeffrey are worse imo.)

And with regards to #3. I wasn't talking about throw escapes (TE). Rather, I ment after you are thrown, do a techroll and then follow it up immediately with a [6][6][K].

Again, do all of this only against A.I.

2. Kefka

Kefka Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    StoneColdSerb said:
    And with regards to #3. I wasn't talking about throw escapes (TE). Rather, I ment after you are thrown, do a techroll and then follow it up immediately with a [6][6][K].

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh, yes, I often do that, works woder.
    Like Akira's buffered double palm, etc.

I finally beat Ohsu Akira (Sarah), was an epic fight, lol, I also finally beat Tana Shun (Lion) since I have Arcade H at 100% now.
    I learned that Sorry Shun can be a pain x_x

btw, I'd add Goh and Vanessa to the "worse AI" list =/

Thanks for the help, again.

Here are my stats for a good laugh:

Champion - 1363 wins / 197 losses = 87.4%
    Akira 94 / 6
    Sarah 163 / 112
    Lau 73 / 1
    Shun 67 / 8
    Jeffry 122 / 3
    Pai 85 / 1
    Jacky 96 / 11
    Kage 104 / 14
    Lion 91 / 20
    Wolf 89 / 4
    Aoi 74 / 4
    Lei-Fei 92 / 3
    Vanessa 75 / 7
    Goh 60 / 0
    Brad 78 / 3

When I told you Sarah was a problem XD

I'm missing 3 special opponents, and I need to challenge Makunouchi and Tetsu again, since I lost to them -- they're in my list but no star in front of their name ;-; and Brad is 100% yay ^__^

3. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is already said but using slippings is very effective against goddamn Sarah. For instance, when Sarah goes to Flamingo stance it's good to do SR[P] and perform a nice combo. Unfortunately this works only when Sarah doesn't use low attacks or spinning attacks. Another good trick is to use [2_][3][P] attack. It usually hits and flies the opponent when countered. I personally love to use it. I haven't played a lot against Sarah but I find these kinda effective for a while but your opponent might learn these quickly. Sarah is also well-known for her mid-kicks which makes Brad's mid reversal useful. Use it and perform some throw escapes at the same time.