1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you use Goh's tripping move?

Discussion in 'Goh' started by IamthePope, Aug 28, 2004.

1. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I've been playing Goh for over 200 matches and I can't figure out exactly what [2]/[8][K]+[G] does. I've seen the AI trip me with it. is this a low kick /low punch reversal? the command training is no help, since you don't even use it on the dummy opponent. could someone inform me on what this is.

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IamthePope said:

I've been playing Goh for over 200 matches and I can't figure out exactly what [2]/[8][K]+[G] does. I've seen the AI trip me with it. is this a low kick /low punch reversal? the command training is no help, since you don't even use it on the dummy opponent. could someone inform me on what this is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's meant to catch people dodging (which it is poor for, just throw instead). More importantly it catches people tech-rolling -- much like Pai's anti-TR move. To get the hang of it -- knock someone down with f+P+KP -- dash in close -- then do u/d+K+G (depending on which way you think they'll tech roll). If you land it, don't forget to go for the ground throw.

kbcat

3. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

thanks for the info. Seems kinda worthless though cause if your wrong, your opponent gets a garunteed hit.

4. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yeah but if you're right you get chance to go for a ground throw or light down attack. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Other places to apply.

[2]/[8][P]+[K] MC > [2]/[8][K]+[G] (do the TR trap towards him).
    [6][K] MC > [2]/[8][K]+[G] (do towards his leading foot).
    Some situations that are nice to apply TR trap after is [6][6][P]+[G]>[3][3][6][P]+[K]>TR trap and [1][K]+[G] knockdowns (if the refuse to TR groundthrowthem or small pounce) etc.

Also remember that most ppl in vs tend to roll towards the screen, it will help alot with these things.

/KiwE

6. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IamthePope said:

thanks for the info. Seems kinda worthless though cause if your wrong, your opponent gets a garunteed hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's part of taking a risk. The move would not be very good if you could just throw it out with impunity and never have to worry about leaving yourself open.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, you can pretty much dodge all but one of Goh's normal attacks towards his stomach. Enter [8]/[2][K]+[G].

8. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

This move is to Goh what the SPoD is to Akira then.

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    IamthePope said:

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, i think you are only at -6 when you whiff, i dont think anything is guaranteed when you miss a techroll setup. atleast safe enough to take standard defensive measures.

nothing really that risky about the move tbh.

besides, it's very good at catching people with their stomach toward the move. i.e when they QR in the right stance or even move on the spot slightly once you've dashed all the way up to them.

10. HungOver

HungOver Active Member

If you'd like to see it in action, and understand the different executions, go to command training, and do [8]/[2] [P]+[K], followed immediately by [8]/[2] [K]+[G]. This little two-hit actually only works every once in a while against an opponent, and only if you catch them off guard. Anyway, that's just for practice.
    It's a good move to execute when you notice that your opponent is dodging certain attacks. Switch things up, catch them dodging, and execute the move. Works pretty well in those tight spots. (since Goh has slow full-circle moves.)
    Plus, this move looks friggin' awesome, and people rarely see it performed, so it's really impressive, and it might phase some players, giving you the psych advantage. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Hung Over