1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How does Shun turn around and Drink twice?

Discussion in 'Shun' started by Pnasty, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Pnasty

Pnasty New Member

As seen at 1:50 here.

2. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

[3][P][4] Instead of doing a clean [3][P] you cancel it with [4] and shund di does the move that gives you 2 drunken points.

3. Pnasty

Pnasty New Member

Oooooo Is there enough time at the end of a round to do it twice?

4. SQUIIDUX

SQUIIDUX Active Member

PSN:
    SQUIDUX
    most folks do the [G][+][P][+][K] , 3 [P]4, 4 [G][+][P][+][K]

5. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Yeah, I think just P+K+G out from BT stance is slightly faster, turn works after quick moves sure. Getting 4 DP for roundwin is the norm after most semi-fast moves (at least 3K kill hit still works, but look below for a better option from it). Oushin P and 6K (rolling double kick, not sure which stance) both quarantee 4 DP too.

But there are better ways. The basic roundwin game is finishing with P or 2P which gives usually free 6P+K (5 DP). Also 46P (11f P, first punch) as a finisher requires 2P before 6P+K. From long range 33P kill 2P allows for 6P+K. There are other tricks too to get 6P+K, near wall and side hits for example, they require their own thread really.

Even better than above, 3K gives 6 DP by doing P+K+G, 6P+K afterwards. Side hit works too sometimes, when in doubt skip the P+K+G. I try to get 3K eaten if I reeeally need dat booze.

The Grand Slam is hitting 6P+K clean. Wait until 5 DP register and instantly get to Oushin (P+K+G) and drink 2 DP more, 7 DP total. Get wasted people, I see too rarely good drinking online. Drinking a lot is a key to make Shunshine, you may or may not get the chance during rounds (they are many tricks for that too).

That BT Sou stance move gives 2 DP, but can be suicidal unless opponent is further away. The animation seems to avoid some highs after blocked P(G) though. Much better to go straight to stance mixups up close. -

6. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Drink! Drink! Drink!

Genesis likes this.
  7. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    I guess I forgot but watching Evo play of Fuudo, Itazan and Kissa gives great ideas for drinking too. Standing P is the simplest way to drink 5 DP by 6 P+K as are many other P finishers with "slow drop" of opponent. Experimenting!

SQUIIDUX likes this.
  8. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Just watching Evo2012 Fuudo vs Itazan. It seems 46P as a KO followed immediatedly by P+K4 P+K+G x3 clocks 5 DP too. Never thought about that! It's 11 frames! This is possible at least after second 46PP hit KO too. Maybe also after the third one?

Tight timing I guess, but seems not as tight as 2P knockout, 6P+K (5 DP), P+K+G to Oushin and P+K+G -> 7 DP. That's most awesome and after standing P may possible too. If you want 7 Dp after KO otherwise, 6P+K seems the only option but hitting it is a feat.

SQUIIDUX likes this.
  9. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Sit down. Drank. Stand up. Drank. Pass out. Drank. Wake up. Drank. Faded. Drank. Faded. Drank.

10. Neonomide

PSN:
    Neonomide
    OK so I guess we need a drinking thread, but just saw an replay where 3P killed with a short float and 2P to 6 P+K gave 5 DP too. It seems 2P after a float kill generally allows for 6 P+K but specifics should be tested out. Getting 5 DP out of 3P by itself is awesome. I plan to find out all moves where 2P helps.