1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How not to get evade Launched with Eileen

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Based off the Chart that Drift made here I'm just posting a relevant one for eileen.
    Here's link to the old thread: http://virtuafighter.com/threads/choosing-the-right-moves-how-to-not-get-launched-when-evaded.18102/
    Note for my list I will be including High moves too even though they lose to 2P. Eileen got a lot of reasons to discourage 2P even from +1 so you kinda would like to see someone 2Ping you (free 9K).

Code:
    Adv    11f Jab (<=)    14f Elbow (<=)    17f Launch (<=)
    +1          34              37                40
    +2          35              38                41
    +3          36              39                42
    +4          37              40                43
    +5          38              41                44
    +6          39              42                45
    +7          40              43                46
    +8          41              44                47
    +9          42              45                48
    Code:
    Adv      Not Jab-punishable            Not Elbow-punishable        Not Launch-punishable
    ======================================================================================
    +1        2P, 4P, BT P                6P, 66K, P+K                44P, 4P+K, 4K+G, BT P+K
    ======================================================================================
    +2                                    44P
    +3        6P, 66K                      4P+K                        3P, 6P+K,214K+G
    +4        P+K                          4K+G, BT 2KP, BT P+K        1P, 3K, BT 2P
    +5        44P                                                      K, 4K
    +6        4P+K                        3P, 6P+K,214K+G            46P
    +7        44P, 4P+K, 4K+G, BT P+K      1P, 3K, BT 2P              46K+G
    +8                                    K, 4K                      66P, 2K, 2_3P+K, 3P+K
    +9        3P, 6P+K,214K+G              46P   
    How to read chart:
    When at advantage X,
    If you don't want to be Y-punishable if evaded,
    Use a move with totals frames <= Z.

Normal Evade is 23f. (Side-turned evade takes 3 frames longer.)
    Fastest jab is 11f. 34f total.
    Elbow is 14f. 37f total.
    Launch is 17f. 40f total.

Daydream likes this.
  2. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

I classify 2Ps into Blind/Hopeful and Calculated/Planned.

Blind 2Ps are the ones players throw out after they've had a move guarded and don't want to guard themselves (also what I call "Light Abare"; does not necessarily mean mashing.) It is difficult to know if a decent player is going to Blind 2P.

Calculated 2Ps are used to deliberately stop an opponent from continuing a string or to use a +1/2 advantage. It is relatively simple to bait these. Give your opponent a visual cue (guarding the first hit of a string with a high follow-up) and a good player is more likely to attempt to halt your offense.

I believe that the most efficient method of play is to use mids/lows when starting your offense to CH blind 2Ps and use your strings and watch for small adv./disadv. moves to bait calculated 2Ps.

TL;DR / K.I.S.S.: When making a chart like this, I wouldn't include highs.

Tricky likes this.
  3. Tricky

I hear you drift, I just like CH P+K too much not to include highs. I think it's simple enough to recognize the mids from the highs. But we also might be using this chart for diff purposes. I just want to know what I have that's safe from evade, and how safe. If someone is going to 2P me when I have +1 or more consistently enough for me to think about using a mid, I will 9K them with no second thoughts.

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Oh, I know you'll 9K without fear. I'VE SEEN 'IM! ^,^

As far as Eileen CH P+K, Kage's 1P+K is used exactly the same. I've found it's only really worth using when near enough to the wall that a CH will allow sick 16f starter into light wall-hit into bound into stupid damage combos; eg Kage 3KK (light wall hit) > dash > K+G > 2_6K > 46K+GK!K > 3K+G. Hot damn, that's satisfying. I imagine Eileen could do something similar with CH P+K > K (light wall-hit) > bound.

Of course, Eileen P+K / Kage 1P+K also has some merit on side-turned opponent since it's adv-on-guard.

Tricky likes this.
  5. Tricky

Eileen can do CH P+K > 3K (wall stagger) > PK (only guaranteed followup). Depending on the angle she could also go for CH P+K > P+K > PP side wall stun > 9K combo of choice. It's a really good move and does a lot of damage on top of giving your opponent reasons to think that 2Ping you would be a good idea. Though most people who play me often enough will not use low attacks to abare. They'll use a mid, even if they have adv they will opt to use a mid. Eileen can abare any predictable high or low attack patterns, so it's safest to use mids against her.