1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to count your advantage after evading a move

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Combolammas, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I've recently noticed a lot of people still don't know this so I'll make a thread.

When you successfully evade it takes 23 frames. You can only do successful evades if the opponent already has an attack starting up on the screen.

Now, pick the character you want to evade punish and look at the total frames on their moves from the VFDC movelist.

Reduce 23 frames from those total frames and the amount of disadvantage you have (need at least -1 or you can't do a successful evade) and you'll know your advantage.

Example: Goh 6K has 48 total frames. Reduce 23 and your the disadvantage you'd have and you'll see that you'd be at +24 from evading it at -1 and at +16 if evading it from -9.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Jide, EvenPit, Tricky and 3 others like this.
  2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Well, you did here but it suppose it didn't have it's own thread.

For the maths lovers the equation would be something like

x - 23 + y = advantage

Where X = total frames of the move you're evading
    and Y = your advantage.

It's +y because -y would have evading at -5 give more advantage than evading at -1.

I believe if you're sideturned you have to use 26 instead of 23, as it's 26 frames to evade.

Jide, Kruza and Tricky like this.
  3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Oh, I didn't even remember that one. It's kinda buried down there anyway.

EvenPit likes this.
  4. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Oh, OK this is very helpful and simple to understand thank you!

5. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Awesome ! (y)

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623