1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to do Akira's KNEE

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Plague, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Knee floats higher and it's slightly faster than Yoho ( 1 frame, lol ) but it does less damage, I prefer knee cause I seem to have more time to get dblplm in at the end of combos.

2. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

This is how I practiced getting that damn knee out. I do his PKG cancel, then input GK. This helped me out alot, and now I would say Im at 90% now with the knee. I have more trouble doing SDE 2 DBLPM, or SLPM-P-DBLPM.

3. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

As far as I knew, yoho floats higher than the knee...

4. Feck

Yeah thats what I heard too but I was checking it out in dojo against Aoi.... <s>on both normal hit and counter knee floats higher.</s>

Edit: Yoho and Knee seem the same on normal hit but counter hit Knee floats higher than counter hit yoho.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I learned to do the knee on a controller after roughly an hour of practice.

I can do it mid match but I am unsure as to it's proper uses other than jumping a low. If it has any that is.

I'm going to do a bit of reading to see what I can find.

6. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    I did the knee two hours today in Dojo. With the PS3 controller and I tried several methods and could pull it off with a ratio of 19%. In Quest-Mode I was able to do it four times: One time when the opponent was down, once after Youhou, once after the battle and one time it was blocked.
    And the method which was mentioned on the first page: It is impossible to do it with "tipping the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif button for 1 frame and hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif".
    And one question: WHY is it easier on a stick?

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Are the face buttons the same on the PS3 as they are on the Xbox?

Square being guard and circle being kick?

If so then to do the knee put your index finger on square and your middle finger on circle.

Flick over the bottom of square, as if you were trying to hit the plastic beneath it and accidentally swept over the button. While pushing circle.

8. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Because of the button layout. You can tap the buttons with MUCH BETTER control...

9. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Crazy, that's exactly how I do it on my xbox controller, like i'm laying my hand on an arcade button layout.I only hold my hand like that when doin knees, can't really fight to good like that, it messes up my movement for some reason. A fun combo to do to people who don't techroll(i think that's what its called when you hit p+k+g while falling) is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then you can hit em with two of dem one frame knees in a row if they don't get up..But of course if they tech roll the first knee won't connect at all and leave you open..Just ordered a Hori stick so I can't wait to be able to bust the knee out whenever, I love that move, you know you got served when you get hit with that and the good ol SPoD

10. Feck

You can get 4 KNEE's in after counter hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif if your opponent doesn't use Fall Recovery. Do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif> then you can do 4 KNEES but your opponent has loads of opportunities to use fall recovery.

I find it quite hilarious doing this on people if I know for sure they don't tech roll or recover in place.

You're wrong there Sherlock, you can tap kick and it works fine. Don't know if this makes sense but you can tap kick so that it's one frame, maybe even less. As long as the input for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is shorter than the input for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is released within one frame then it works.

I always figured it was because of recent pads having analogue buttons, Knee was pretty easy on the Saturn pad. Thinking about it though, the buttons on the Hori seem like they could be analogue too, so I got no idea.

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    See this in round 3.

12. Feck

The 5th didn't connect! Pretty funny though, I didn't know you could get 4 in from that kick on wakeup.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Right. That confirms your 4 KNEE statement.

14. Feck

Would have been hilarious if the 5th hit though, thanks for posting the vid /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

15. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I just saw you can do the knee with your back facing the opponent lol. I was watching the Akira Exhibition matches and the cpu (or whoever is controllin him) did it on the vs Kage one. Guess it could be used for like a mini dash or somethin. I'm sure yall have prob seen that match n know that trick but I just seen it for the first time while watching the VFTV exhibition matches and thought it was pretty cool n would say something bout it.

16. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

I don't think the exhibition matches are played by CPUs lol, I'd rather say by some japanese pro gamers ^_^
    If you display their inputs (the Akira VS Akira match is a good example) you'll see how much they're sick.

17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    I haven't seen it with the inputs (never knew you could do that). But oh i've seen the matches man and I seen how sick they are. It's friggin ridiculous, I never knew Akira could move like that lol that's the level I'M tryin to get on hahah. Watching them kinda reminded me of BoBo Brasil's videos

18. HokutoNoCat

HokutoNoCat Well-Known Member

Push start and you'll have topions to display their inputs like in Dojo. But prepare for some desillusion lol. There's maybe a site where you can find which player is in each replay, if anyone has that ?

19. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yea you wern't lyin. I just seen some with the input display on, that was ridiculous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif lol. And it helped me out a whole lot though too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif. Thanks for pointing that out to me

20. Just thought I would add my two cents. This helps pull of the knee consistantly ONLY for those using a PS2/3 or 360 joypad. Remap one of the punch buttons on the joypad to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, I would use the bottom one (X) for PS2/3 and (A) for the 360. Make a motion as if you are flipping a coin with your thumb across the newly remapped /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif button. With about an hour's practice you will be able to do the knee consistently. I know it seems kind of cheap but for those who are stuck using a joypad this will help tremendously.