1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to P - P or P - K without delay

Discussion in 'Goh' started by CobiyukiOS, Aug 10, 2008.

1. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

{How to do Goh's [P]->[P] or [P]->[K] without delay} by Nobiyuki BB

(This is those whot wat to master Goh combos.)

So you want to do a Goh combo like [bk][P]+[K]->[P]->[P]->[df][df][f][P]+[K]

You can choose to delay the second [P], and one of three consequences will happen.

1. The second [P] will miss, leaving you with less damage to the opponent.

2. The second [P] will turn into [P][P], leaving you too far from the opponent to [df][df][f][P]+[K].

3. The Second [P] will hit as desired.

here is how I would do it:
    To guarantee a [P]->[P], use [P][G][P] instead.
    To guarantee a [P]->[K], use [P][G][K].

Let's go over the basic motion.

In Dojo, press [P] then [G] repeatedly to do infinate Shoudas without the risk of comitting Tsuraneshouda. As [P] cannot be cancelled, [G] can be pressed before or during the [P] hit, to cancel to upcoming [P] ([P][P]). This was proven in VF4:E, and I see no reason why it shouldn't in VF5. That can also be said for avoiding Shouda~Kasumi Goroshi ([P][K]).

Now you're ready to make combos. Here are some Version C combos from the Black Book of danny13 that use [P]->[P], rewritten using [P][G][P], and [P]->[K] as [P][G][K]

[df][K]CH -> [P][G][K]
    [df][K]CH -> [P][G][P] ->[df][df][f][P]+[K]
    [f][K]CH -> [df][df][P] -> OM -> [P][G][P][G][P][K]
    [bk][P]+[K] -> [P][G][P] -> [df][df][f][P]+[K]
    [bk][P]+[K]CH -> [P][G][P] -> [bk][f][P]+[K][P][f][P]
    [db][P]+[K] -> [P][G][P] -> [bk][f][P]+[K][P][f][P]
    [bk][f][K]+[G] -> [P][G][P] -> [df][df][f][P]+[K]

Hope I improved your game, NobiyukiBB

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

I can summarize this whole post by just saying this: from the wiki ( Guard cancelling strings)

"You can hit "G" to cancel your strings..."

but thas just me, i hate typing long posts /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

3. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

This guide is especilly used where string cancel is essential to Goh combos. Some Goh players may still not get it, I'm just putting it to good use.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

That sentence is obvious to VF fans and hardcore gamers, but newbs won't get it. NobiyukiBB took the time and effort to explain this concept in easy-to-follow detail, why not applaud that effort?

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Indeed, good work.

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

7. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Which Goh player has problems to do two Shoudas? Doing Guard-Cancels makes this simple combo just harder. If this thread is supposed to help new players, they should focus on how to make the shoulder ram, that's the complicate part of the combo (for new players)

8. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

9. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

doing guard cancels makes the combos easier as it gives you more time to do the next move.

and if new players have difficulty doing the shoulder ram they can finish the combo with K for 2 dmg points less. Howevere in that care they must do P>G>K to prevent PK from comming out.

ANyways I must admit i got a little chuckle out of this thread cause the OP used so many words to explain a relatively simple concept. But his intention was good so good stuff.

10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

hey I appretiated t, I myself tended to stay away from combos that required more than 2 P>P's in them cuz by the 3rd P I'd had lost too many frames and i fucked the combo up akin to Akira and Kage's TFT moves. I'll try using PGP more for those kinda combos and see how it goes.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Is it possible to do [P] [6] [P] [+] [K] without using [G] to clear the buffer?

12. Tricky

If your character of choice doesn't have a string that uses that combination then yeah, otherwise no.

13. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Well, Goh has one.

I'm trying to figure out if [P] normal hit [6] [P] [+] [K] [P] will beat everything (excluding moves designed to beat MP, including 10f punches) without requiring [G] to clear the buffer.

For example, i'm pretty sure that [P] normal hit [6] [P] [P] requires [G] otherwise you end up with doing the [P] [P] punch string, but i'm not sure how the game reacts to [P] [+] [K] inputs.

Can somebody confirm?

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Goh has one what?

Goh does not have:

[P][P][+][K], nor
    [P][6][P][+][K]

as canned combos, therefore, no [G] cancel necessary.

15. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Thank you. How about [P] normal hit [6] [P] [P], does that require [G] ?

I was pretty sure i'd end up doing the [P][P] string instead but now i'm starting to think i'm wrong...

16. Tricky

If you're talking about for Goh then you will need to the G input to clear the buffer, because he has a P,6P canned string. Do you get the concept now as you've essentially asked the same question twice.

17. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    I thought his canned string was [P] [P] [​IMG]

18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think that's safe to assume considering this is the Goh forum [​IMG]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then you will need to the G input to clear the buffer, because he has a P,6P canned string. </div></div>
    Yes, you need to [G] cancel to clear the input buffer but not because he has a [P][6][P] string (because he doesn't), it's because he has a [P][P] string.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you get the concept now as you've essentially asked the same question twice.</div></div>
    I'm a little surprised that this concept seems to be lost on someone like erdraug considering how long he's been involved with VF? Perhaps we take little things like this for granted. Is the wiki entry insufficient? Perhaps it needs a revamp?

19. Tricky

I had no idea this was the goh portion of the forum. Some reason the thread name listing thing stops at Dojo and then starts a new line for Goh. Strange UI messed me up. I'm not Goh player but I wanted to respond to the system based question.

I too was surprised by erdraug's question too for the same reasons. This is one of the nuances of the system that maybe does need to be highlighted in the wiki more than it is.

For me, once I realized I could input different types of moves faster by using G buffer input clearing my gameplay sped up. There are times I wish other games a similar system for clearing buffer input.

With that said, I do find it annoying that I have to clear my buffer input to get a P, 6P attack with P, G~6P or else I get a PP attack.

20. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yeah, about that... DS vanessa doesn't have a [P][K] string nor a [6][P] 14f elbow so i never had to look this up. DS vane's punch > elbow string is [P][6][K] and it's impossible to mess up. Or, as Sebo once put it Learning Vanessa first in VF will make you a bad player [​IMG]

So, let me get this straight: if, for example with goh, i do [P][6][P] (or [P][3][P] for that matter) the game will think "hey, the player must have messed up his directional input, i'll be nice and help him out" by interpreting my input as [P][P] ; whereas if i input [P][6][P][+][K] ([P][3][P][+][K] ) the game will think "ah, ok, he's also pressing an extra button along with the directional input so he really must be thinking of a different move" and will perform [6][P][+][K] as intended?

Is that it?

Also, does that work for all [P][+][K] inputs, even for ones without a directional input? In other words, if i do [P][P][+][K] the game will still think "ah, ok, he's also pressing an extra button so he really must be thinking of a different move" and not "ah, he messed up and pressed an extra [K] button, let me help him out by accepting the [P][P] string instead"?

I'm asking about [P] [+][K] commands because i've long noticed that [K][+][G] commands don't need an extra [G] to clear the buffer. For example, [P] [3] [K] requires a [G] but [P] [3] [K] [+] [G] doesn't. But i've always thought that was the case because, well, there's a [G] in them [​IMG]