1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove replay banner at the end of round.

Discussion in 'Console' started by Temjin, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

At the end of each round, there is a linear banner that appears near the bottom of the sceen saying (Press Select To Save Replay). I tried every possible logical thing to remove it but it still continues to appear.

Would anyone know how to prevent this from appearing.

The reason I wanted removed is because I am creating a compliation of VF footage, and I want it clean it as possible.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There's no in-game option that will disable that prompt.

Among the things you've tried, was playing without a memory card or hard disk plugged in one of them? Maybe if it detects no writable storage device, it won't try to prompt you?

Apart from that, I think you're out of luck.

3. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Re: How to remove replay banner at the end of roun

or hard disk plugged in one of them? how is this done?

My other option is using Adobe Prmeire Pro to fade it out but its a painstaiking process, and it still wouldn't be perfectly clean. Although I'm very dedicated to this project, I still don't want to resort to this if there is an easier way. Thanks for your advice.

4. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I was asking if you've tried playing without:

- memory cards, or
    - hard disk

connected to your console.

Of course if you never bought a hard disk for your ps2, then forget the second option -- just try playing without memory cards? On further thought, I don't believe the PS2 versions allowed for saving to HDD anyways.

Failing that, then I'm pretty sure there's no way to disable the prompt.

Without knowing what this project is, I fail to see why it's such a problem nor propose alternatives other than post video editing.

5. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Is there a way to disable the internal HDD on the PS2. This may disurpt the prompt, and may be my last option.

If your curious about the project, I've been a fan of the VF series since its inception in 1993, and I'm aslo getting interested in Video Editing. Thought it would be a nice synergistic effort to put a chronology video from VF1 to VF5. I'm not a perfectionist, but I do get annoyed with something that can be glaring without an option to disable it.

BTW- Nice Site Myke

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I don't know if you can disable it without actually physically disconnecting it? Still, I'd be surprised if this were to remove the prompt.

Well, another thought, why not save the actual match replay and play it back? When you play back a replay, surely you don't get prompted to save it again?

7. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Now I think about it, it should work. I just then have to splice the ending animations in to the right places.

Nice thinking out of the box Myke.

8. Temjin

Temjin Well-Known Member

Confirmed. It saved the ending animation without the banner.
    Thanks again.

9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

No problem, and looking forward to seeing your project someday?