1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to setup Tiger Step on OKI(AKA Salsa Dance)

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

For the past few weeks, I've been heavily experimenting with Tiger Step(9or 3P+K+G)I used on my opponents with solid results. If anyone caught one Tricky's stream, You got to see some of the setups I use to set it up. What's great about Tiger Step is that you will discourage your opponent into quick tech rolling quite often, and yet, opens up your ground throws.

Tiger Step has three options.

A hit-throw(P-P+G)56DMG(Could be side step)

A kick(K)Puts the opponent side turn and leads to a RD

A catch throw(P+GP+G)52DMG

Anyone who is new to VF should know that catch throws CANNOT be broken. But you could throw them out of it(Depends on the Catch throw)

Now, most of El Blaze combo enders(KKK for example)are great starters for Tiger Step. And also, it doesn't matter which way you Tiger Step I notice(For now)

You could also set it up of space rolling elbow(Of 9K+G from RD)Once it hits, 2P and then Tiger Step right away.

A counter hit dropkick(1K+G)into 2P twice(Or once to be safe)Into Tiger Step works.

A counter hit sweep(2K+G)into Tiger Step.

Also, Tiger Step is great when you end your wall combo to extend damage with Blaze.

Personally, I only use P-P+G and the catch throw(Great range)The kick is great(On block is -5 and you could fuzzy)But I haven't develop a habit on using it yet.
    Remember folks to mix-up it, because you could get punish badly if you read your opponent wrong(Laucher if they think a catch throw is coming)And pay close attention to your opponents movements, you don't want to throw away damage. And test this out on training mode as well.

Inputs and questions highly appreciated.

-EDIT-Forgot to mention that the guessing game is a little tense versus character with counters(The same could be said about your opponent)

2. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Interesting. I haven't started to use Tiger Step in my game, but I'll give it a try, just because I think the animation looks cool.

It doesn't have any evasive properties whatsoever tho right?

3. ShinobiFist

no evasive properties at all, but is a good tool while your playing the space game. Due to the reach of the throw from Tiger Step.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    How about on a sideturned opponent? Any merit there? I'll have a play about with it on more than just oki and see what i turn up.

5. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Tiger Step actually moves to the side of the opponent similar to Offensive Move if you let the animation play, so I imagine there could be shenanigans there.

6. ShinobiFist

Up close, no. but from max range K+G(Tiger Step), you end up behind them. But, not sure on the timing yet. I did it by accident. Was going for his subaki, lol.