1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

How to use 6K

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Tricky, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

6K is a move that I think is actually a lot better than it gets credit for.

So how do you make this move a really good punishment?

After it hits if your opponent doesn't tech roll you can do two more 6K's for a decent amount of dmg.

If they do tech roll time an OMP to the side they rolled to for stagger and then use the 6P+KPP combo, tho I'm pretty sure you could probably do the 6P+K >214P>236P+K K > _6PK

It's also only -8 on block so totally safe to use, has a very nice distance it can hit from. The only problem is the move can be a little slow compared to the 66P mid hitting option, but 66P will only give you a good return if you get a CH while 6K is fairly easy to hit with while still giving decent reward on any kinda hit. 66P also has a lot less range than 6K, however it's easier for an opponent to react to 6K since it's animation is so clear that it's coming.

Bascially I try now to use 66P as a pre-emtive strike when I have some advantage i.e. +7 and I want to score a CH crumple. I use 6K now to try and beat out my opponent when i have less adv around the +3 range and their move pushed me back a decent distance on block.

2. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

It's her best whiffpunisher when you need something fast with good range, this and 46P are strong options to punish with when ranged. I hardly ever use 66P because the only time it's good is on CH and it's too slow to work effectivley for counter hits with when 6P+K is so much better at it.

I don't know why you concider 6K slow either and compare it to 66P since 6K is an i17 single input move while 66P is i19 and a double input move.

IMO 6K should be limited to whiff punishment only.

3. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Lol, is this bump really old thread day, Freyja?
    Carry-on

4. SkatanMilla

I thought I would cast some light on the subject since there was no replies, however, if you feel my input is unnecessary I will refrain from posting in the future.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is actually as fast as /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif but latter has better range and former gives no particular return on normal hit. Also something to note: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif has both hits guaranteed on counterhit and crouching opponent I believe, and does more damage than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Its also 16 frame move,1 frame faster than the previous ones.

6. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

What? It launches.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Iirc it gives no combo though.

8. Tricky

it gives you nothing on normal crouching hit to be specific. on NH standing it's just fine

lol smb I was happily thinking the same.

9. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

The reason I tend to stay away from 9kg is that it's too easy to whiff (for the aforementioned reason of not having enough range). When I'm watching videos of Eileen on youtube, I can't count the number of times I've seen Eileens losing whole rounds just because they whiffed that move once. In other words, the risk/reward on that move is not favorable. Now I think there are a few specific setups where 9kg is more likely to hit without whiffing, but I never bothered to work out what they are. Either way, it's not a move you want to be throwing out for general whiff punishment.

10. Tricky

you can't be using 9K+G like it's candy you use it when you know it's going to hit.

11. SkatanMilla

Xzxyzxyzy: If you space correctly and you're used to the character, you know when it will hit and when it won't.

Risk vs. reward is definitley in this moves favour since it's a i17 -15 double leg normal hit launcher that doesn't clash with throws and crushes lows in the later frames.

12. Xzyx987X

Hmm... so in other words, it's good to toss out at close range if you anticipate there is a reasonable chance of your opponent blocking low? I'll keep that in mind.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Personally I'd use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and get stagger with which to impose pressure.

14. Tricky

are you guys still talking about 6K or 9K+G? cuz 6 K yeah it's nice to use at a distance if they're crouching but I prefer 66P myself from a distance. If you're talking about 9K+G then close range I wouldn't use this is they're JUST crouching and not attacking as it's wasted risk as you don't get to combo off it on NH only or crouching CH or standing opponents. I too would rather use 6P or 33P if I want to get a combo.

15. SkatanMilla

Her best anti-crouch moves afaik are 1PK and 33P imo.
    1PK is natural combo on normal hit and gives sideturned afterwards, the only risk is that the followup is a high so if they blocked the first one you might have to die.
    So to stop that you cancel 1P into her mixups from time to time to stop them from trying to crouch all the time.

33P is her only launcher that gives good payoff vs. crouchers and it's also safe on block, -8 I think. It's not that fast so it's better used as okizeme or after a stun if you expect them to come out crouching.

I never liked her 6P that much because it's got crap for followups and I don't think she gains that much from the stun mixup either since she relies more on counter hits than anything else.

16. Xzyx987X

I think it's good because it is a relatively safe option and it is a good way to set up for her p 3p k and all of it's mix-ups. One thing I've found, is that a lot of people do not appreciate just how devastating nailing p 3p k on someone is. You nail that setup and you are guaranteed her 6p+k p 214p 6k juggle. If you can also sneak some wall damage in there, your opponent's health will be down more than 1/2 just from that setup alone. It's one of the best pressure tactics she has, and it stops low punch abusers dead in their tracks. So yea, I'd say crap for follow-ups is a bit of an exaggeration.

17. Tricky

it's actually not guaranteed as they can struggle out that stagger but it isn't trivial to do and it is a set up I use often enough to keep people on their toes but it's not abusable against competent opponents. Throwing in P> 3P > 214K to keep them honest helps a lot though. The hard part is getting to the 3P part of the string.

18. Xzyx987X

It's very hard to struggle out of, because you can go straight into 6p+k so quickly, and if someone is focused on trying to nail you with a counter attack (which is the main reason someone would get hit by the kick) odds are they are not going to be able to switch their minds into defense mode quickly enough. And even against opponents who are good at defending against the setup, you can usually find some combinations of mixups that gets them to fall for it a few times per match. And with a setup this good, a few times is all you need.

19. Tricky

I'm not saying it's bad but against someone like Denkai/slide/konjou/chef_flash they're going to struggle out that stagger 3/4's of the time.

20. Xzyx987X

But consider this, so what if they struggle out? Even if they do, you are already in your 6p+k string with tons of available mix-up options. And come on, if you can't get something out of Eileen's 6p+k string then there is something you are not doing right. Actually, I would say that in general her 6p+k is the best move to do against a staggered opponent who has the skill to struggle out of it. It's much safer than throwing, has an immediate anti-sidestep follow up, and allows you to juggle for massive damage should your opponent fail to struggle.