1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I can't combo. Help pls

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by Bootyology, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Bootyology

Bootyology New Member

I've been playing for about a month, i freaking love this game. But i can't seem to pull off any of the combos in the Combos section of the site menu. I'm totally missing something here. I understand that they have to be perfectly timed and they only work on certain falls.

Can anyone guide me through any one of Jacky's combos? I've been trying to do them in training mode to no avail.

2. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

which combos are you trying to do? keep in mind that a lot of combos require checking stance and knowing weight class.

3. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

Check out some good Jacky players on youtube, try searching for vids of 'Glory' and 'Denkai/BlackBauerCTU'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1eIn2pFZM

Jacky combo video, stuff like this I found really helpful when starting out. It also shows you some of the characters the combos work on.

4. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    yo bootyology, yo ive played u several times b4. Neways im looking for combos too with jacky. I noticed u got really good playing skills, u prob have a 3d fighting exp. If u know when ur adv and disadv.. ull game will be much better bro. U already got good spacing and the right idea on alot of things

http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php?ver=5c&chara=jacky

use that or the blackbook.
    Jacky's combos are crazy in OPEN stance
    ( :

or go to youtube and search ogikage.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Can you give us a particular combo or combos that you have trouble with? We can give you more specific advice then.

One thing, if theres a high punch used in a combo, try doing it with [P]~[G] ie. press guard quickly after the punch, so that you wont do a [P][P] string by accident.

Try not to watch whether the move you did connected or not, do them quicker and try to be fluid. Virtua Fighter has huge buffer window for inputs.

Heres a simple combo that works on most characters:
    [4][K]+[G] -> [P] -> [9][K]+[G]

Try holding the stick forward in advance when doing the single punch.

6. Bootyology

Bootyology New Member

thanks guys, help is much appreciated. i'll post back after i've digested the vids and choose a couple combos that i feel i must learn but just can't.

i just noticed that you have XBL gamertags under your names... i've played you guys (boris, ohnoyoudidnt), wanted to thank you guys for playing several consecutive matches against me when i was more noob. was good learning. Lots of vf5ers are surprisingly willing to play against someone less skilled than them in general, which i find to be exceedingly cool.

what's your gamertag mackfactor? thanks for the constructive criticism [​IMG] i def do need to get a better sense of adv/disadv... it's my biggest problem at the moment

7. WhiteAngel50000

WhiteAngel50000 Well-Known Member

I practiced combos when I first played Virtua Fighter 4. Since then I'll been learning new combos.