1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I need help for 2 things thanks

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mister, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Ok after a deep investigation in the wolf's section i didn't find what i was looking for (well, i just found something but that isn't enough), so i'm going to ask something i really need to play better this giant village people guy (yes for me is a village people man, because he's the indian guy).

1)I had some difficult to beat a friend who's akira player. The big trouble i had is i abuse too much of 2p. I know i have to find another way to interrupt my opponent's attack, but now i don't know how substitute this tool. So i was punished so much with akira's sabakis (3 p+k+g, 4p+k+g). What can i do? What's the best optiont o interrupt akira's attacks? And i read the "holla" tread about the garanteed situations but i don't know what to do in some not guaranteed situations. IE +4 advantage: i can use some moves that is 12 + 4 frames's execution but, which options are the bests? Which options has my opponent?

So this is the first thing

2) Moves that don't throw clash, every character is going to have this so i want this in the wolf's section too :p

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Why don't you try the 'Do nothing' option. When you think your opponent will sabaki or counter, you can just wait and have them give you back the advantage. You do this every now and then and they'll have to think about their responses to you. Can really make a difference to both offence and defence.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Wolf's fastest mid: Screw hook [6][3][2][1][4][P][P]

To beat Akiras sabakis.. well, to beat [4][P]+[K]+[G] , just throw him. Or kick. Like [4][K]+[G]~[P]+[G]
    Or [4][6][P]+[K]. To beat [3][P]+[K]+[G], use screw hook, short shoulder, [6][P][P] or pretty much anything that isnt a high punch, low punch or high elbow. You can also try to evade it.

It depends a bit when he is using it, as [3][P]+[K]+[G] is best used to stuff opponent who low punches out of disadvantage. Analyze your own game, maybe defending instead in these situations where you get hit by the crumpling hand would be a good idea.

Wolf in general doesnt have many fast moves so you HAVE to use low punch, theres no way around it.. But try to use his screw hook too. Try to find situations where you have advantage and can use slower attacks as well. I cant give more advice since I dont know how your friend plays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    2) Moves that don't throw clash, every character is going to have this so i want this in the wolf's section too :p </div></div>

Anticlash move: [9][P]+[K] (-> [6][3][2][1][4][P][P] )

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just a suggestion, but in future it would be preferred if you made two separate threads:

1. How to deal with your Akira problem
    2. Wolf's anti-clash moves

Since they're two very different subjects, they warrant their own thread and should be titled appropriately.

A subject that just reads "I need help" could mean anything, and isn't helpful for people who later try to search for the same info.

Thanks.

5. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I found in my own play a few ways to avoid 2p too much.

1. Sometimes after ur opponent blocks a mid, do it again (works even better if the 1st one hits). With Goh 3p (blocked), 3p works pretty well. Truthfully, u are at a disadvantage, but it still works ok. It gets a boost too maybe in online. Not every opponent plays at a world class level, and repeating a mid can be effective. Of course, if it is not working, u will want to put the idea away quickly. On paper it's a bad idea, but see if it will work for u.

2. After 2p (hit or block), back dash. Works well on hit. Again on paper it may not look great, but with lei i love to 2p back dash and punish my opponents next move. Can work very well.

These 2 work for me in general. The second option may not be too good vs akira tho, as he lunges forward on most of his mids.

3. A steady jab can be as effective in vf5 as it is for boxers. It leaves u at an advantage on block. And can be a spring board for dictating play.

4. VS Akira it may be to your advantage to try and play the spacing game. There is a distance u can keep vs akira that will create whiffs. It's right outside the SDE range. Use back dashes to help keep this range and punish whiffs as quickly as u can. Use PK to punish, and short shoulder, and throws, etc. If u can effectively get "ahead" in the mix up game it can become a powerful strategy.

Of course, i would try and use this in combination with what people have already said.

It's important to remember, that just because something like immediately using a mid after ur 1st mid is blocked isn't necessarily correct, it can be valuable. Most people don't play perfect/near perfect attack and defense. And even against those who do, there is always a guessing game involved, and doing things ur opponent doesn't expect can be powerful.

6. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    If you practice without using [2][P], (unless it ultimately calls for it) it's a good way to learn about your other tools and options in different situations

Worked for me [​IMG]

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    When playing Wolf against Akira, I woudlnt actually try to outdistance Aki.

Trick is pressurizing Akira after you have blocked his moves. Akira is forced to do the textbook defense after pretty much everything.

Make the best out of the standard nitaku mixup of
    Screw hook / throw

Especially if you block any of his elbows, use screw hook until he starts blocking or you feel confident doing something else.

Wolf's throws are scary. Make him fear them even more. If he starts escaping throws like with ETEG, use [9][P]+[G].

Pay attention if he attacks out of disadvantage. Then you can
    [4][K]+[G]~[P]+[G] his attacks and [9][P]+[K] his low punches. (latter also works great against sabakis) Toekick stunner is also a great okizeme weapon (4 active frames).

DON'T FORGET YOU CAN LOW THROW HIM OUT OF FUZZY GUARD

8. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

True. U may not play as strong without using it, but u will get better. Worked for me with DM PK and 2p. Good point.

Also, using low throw to alter ur opponents defensive pattern is a great point manji. It messes ur opponent up and makes u learn more about what/why ur opponent is doing what they do.

9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Thanks to everyone, i will try all your suggestions in these days before amsterdam (so i can beat feck XD).

@Myke: ok next time i will do that thing, unfortunately seems i cannot edit my post, so i can't clarify the type of help i was looking for. If you or any other mod can edit it for me is ok.

10. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

If it's Feck you're trying to beat, just use [4][K] a lot. Scares the crap out of him.

11. Mister

LoL no he wasn't feck, but thanks for the tip :p i'll try it in Amsterdam.

12. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

My advice is this, stop throwing all those damn 2p's. To trully be effective you MUST mix attacks and defense. Im not saying that you should ABARE'. You should evade and trow escape, you should evade to neutral, you should c/d, backdash. Use different techniques so that he cant lock in on what youre doing. Youre obviously low punching too much. Theres nothing wrong with defence, it will make you better. Also, always play like youre off line. On line causes bad habits. Habits are hard to unlearn.

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Damn, guess I better look up the frame data on that move and then go learn how to deal with it... Giving my weaknesses away [​IMG]

Also mister, it just sounds like you're being a bit too predictable with the [2][P]. If you're throwing it out a lot when you're at disadvantage it's really easy for your opponent to spot and punish this. Like KoC said, learning to defend better is much more reliable.

At +4 fast mid or a throw is a good idea, screw hook would beat an attack and a throw would beat an evade.

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Use DMPK against Feck.