1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Input timing

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by zilti, Nov 15, 2010.

1. zilti

zilti New Member

Well, here's a question from a bloody newbie [​IMG]
    I've occasionally played Virtua Fighter from time to time since almost two years, but usually ended up stopping pretty fast because this game just used to get me angry at it and I ended up almost smashing around the controller.
    But now I want to give it another chance. I started with Akira (well, ok, that's maybe not the best character to start a "VF-Career" with [​IMG] ), got the combo list from this page and, because my other consoles aren't here, started with Virtua Fighter 32X. Now my problem is, I think, about the timing. First of all, the block button seems to be pretty useless - I never manage to block any attacks (how do I have to block, if not by pressing block when the enemy attacks?). At the other side, whenever I try to do a bigger attack move (like, let's say, the Knee or the Body Check) either the enemy smashes me away before I manage to finish smashing in the combination or the game just doesn't accept the command the way it should.
    I hope someone of you pro's can help me. Thanks in advance!

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It's been too long since I played VF1 but i'm sure some of the older players here will be able to help you out.