1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Is jacky really only 75kg?

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Devil7om, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

I know that this has probably been discussed a thousand times before but the weight ratios in virtua fighter are screwed. Akira and jacky weighing in the mid 70's?
    Miss muscles vanessa only 55kg?
    Man low fat yoghurt must really kick ass.

2. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

I remember reading somewhere that Mr. Bruce Lee had a very low body fat %. Perhaps this is a trait of Jeet Kune Do, and the Bryant male has decided to utilise this ethos into his training. Whilst practicing handcuffed lighting of course. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Muscle weighs more than fat. Women bodybuilders are not heavier than men bodybuilders (in general).

4. Devil7om

still though 55 for vanessa
    my friend whos average size weighs more than that
    shes about 60
    i think they need to add about 10-15kg to everyone

5. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Hmmm well maybe yeah...but its only a game and weight classes in it are modelled very well I feel.

6. Devil7om

yea i guess it is only a game. I gotta remember next time i have one of my losing fits.

7. Mankey

Mankey Active Member

Hmm.. Let's see. Bruce Lee was around 5' 7'', and 175lbs. Jacky is about 6', and 165lbs.
    Yeah, he'd have to be pretty lanky there..
    It must be a japanese interpretation thing. They have less diversity in weight and generally weigh in lower, ya know?

8. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    yeah, its silly. you have to remember that many japanese guys are only about 50kg themselves, so making a guy like jacky 65kg seems like a lot to them. hell, i am like 68kg and they think im vastly overweight. and yet a guy of my height who is 146lbs is considered pretty darn average back at home.

9. Devil7om

68kg being vastly overweight /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Jeffery must seem like some sort of whale-type man to them.
    Maybe thats where the whole fish thing came in for him /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. powerincarnate

powerincarnate Well-Known Member

The weights are off

how is Vanessa 121 and Sarah is also 121 which means that they are tied for third lightest. While Lion is 139 (even if he is a guy, base on size and muscle Vanessa should be more than him). I run track at the university I'm at and I know that some of the more muscular sprinters girls weigh a good amount. Especially when you say that Vanessa is 5'9. That is a very tall girl and for her to be only 121 would mean she is just a bit bigger than those skinny models.

Another correction for one of the guys who posted is that Bruce lee was 140 and not 170.

Akira seems to be bigger than where he is at which is around 170. His hits, the pound that they give seems to come from someone 30 pounds heavier like a 200 pound Free Safety. the other guys seem to be a bit underweight for their models as well, it almost seems like they base the guys on smaller people but they base their models on people who are much larger than what they had in mind.

11. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

how can akira weigh more than jacky??, jacky's taller and looks a bit more muscled than akira. (akira seems heavier because he is wearing thick baggy pants, and a typical karate shirt, whereas jacky is dressed in tight leather /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

12. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Or... if you want to be logical about it, the weights of the characters aren't based on how they look and rather on game balance, ie. certain characters are easier to juggle because they are lighter. Sorry if this has been said before.

13. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mankey said:

Hmm.. Let's see. Bruce Lee was around 5' 7'', and 175lbs. Jacky is about 6', and 165lbs.
    Yeah, he'd have to be pretty lanky there..
    It must be a japanese interpretation thing. They have less diversity in weight and generally weigh in lower, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

That´s absolute BS. Jun Fan Lee (Bruce Lee) was 5' 7'', and 135-140lbs. That´s 25-30lbs LESS than Jacky. Still, it means that Jacky seems to have shallow bones like a bird (characters in VF have an universal tendence to float in the air pretty regularly, anyway)... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

wait, r u saying juggles aren't possible in real fights /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jk lol