1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

is sparring better than dojo? give me your opinion

Discussion in 'General' started by Sindanez, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    i dont like practice modes or dojo or what ever any fighting games like to call it i can see the appeal its a awesome feature but id rather learn through repeated whoopings by more experienced players and then talk to them post fight and ask what i did wrong but thats just me who do you super soldier players stand on this?

2. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Just do both, you don't even need to be in the dojo that long anyways.

3. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    but he just stands there? is there a way to make him full on fight me?

4. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Practice ur basis and combo in dojo once u get it, try to use it in sparring matches

ToyDingo likes this.
  5. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You can set the cpu to different levels of fighting power and you can even take a step further and tweak certain options like how well he stagger recovers, throw escapes etc. You can also record the dummy to do certain actions and practice a scenario. Like Maki said, practice your combos and tech in the dojo then apply it against people.

ToyDingo likes this.
  6. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    ty ty nice to know he wont just stand there dumb founded
    side note i always use kage as the dojo dummy because lolz

7. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Don't forget about weight classes in the game, it's nice to practice combos on different characters since some combos may not work on heavyweights or certain characters, and you can maximize damage against light weights.

8. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
  9. Marlow

Marlow Active Member

PSN:
    Redwin6411
    XBL:
    Marlow0822
    I just picked up the game, so I'm really enjoying using Dojo mode to practice Fuzzy Guard, or to get better at anticipating and blocking simple strings.

jimi Claymore and ToyDingo like this.
  10. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    welcome im relatively new to vf and just fighting games in general your psn right (psn forum) want to spar?

11. Marlow

Marlow Active Member

PSN:
    Redwin6411
    XBL:
    Marlow0822
    Sometime, maybe. Between work and studying for the CPA exam, I typically don't have much more than an hour at most per week, but if I find myself with free time and I'm looking to spar, I'll let you know.

12. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Although It looks awesome none of that stuff is guaranteed. Heavy middle kick is one of your combo starters.(y)

13. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    heavy middle kick makes the enemy slunk down unless blocked i dont understand how you can combo without low grab?

14. og23

og23 Well-Known Member

Check the frames. You're like plus 1000000 after it. You can launch with 33p+k for like 90 damage

15. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    on block? or hit because from what i saw you have like 1 second to hit before they are on the ground and out of hitbox zone

16. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    When their slunked over they are crumpled, you can do whatever the hell you want for a good amount of time BUT in FS people can escape low throws, even when crumpled It's not worth the risk despite looking cool. So just do [9][P][+][K] after to get a combo going.

use this http://virtuafighter.com/combos/list?ver=5fsa&chara=wolf

Refer to [3][K][+][G] section and it tells you every possible combo you can do for that move

17. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    thanks icky i had no idea you could hit them when they were onthe ground

18. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Dont hit them on the ground , combos from 3kg look like this

19. Sindanez

Sindanez Member

PSN:
    baka_247
    oooh ok so you use upper diagonal r1to frame him mid air and combo... you literally just cheesed the shit outta that guy lol you reset his damage frame with a higher up frameset where you can do more hits :cry: id feel so bad about that

20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Someone may have already said this but & basically think that dojo mode with another person is the best thing someone can do for thing fundamentals and fora fast route to leveling up.it's a great way to test ways of playing and doing that under pressure. Keep in mind, this all depends on you and the partner legitimately playing.