1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

J-Music

Discussion in 'General' started by EvenPit, Jun 14, 2015.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Hello, everyone I wanted to make this separate thread for Japanese music. I listen to all types of music from old school Rap like C-Murder, to Earth Wind and Fire, to The Temptations the new hippie stuff like Earl. Metal like Evanescence and Marliyn Manson etc. But I always found Japanese music to be relaxing and I like the rythm. I create a playlist
    UNLIMITS: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLc9Pf0ZESqR9E4HDik9sJTjQJzRGGH9w_
    Not all the songs in here are from the same band and some tracks you might have heard of . The last 3 ones in the playlist are my favorite so far and I uploaded the final 2 in the playlist because I could not find them anywhere. But anyway hope you enjoy I'll keep adding sobgs in if I can. Pls share yours if you like I'm always open to new music and suff :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"old school Rap like C-Murder"

"Metal like Evanescence and Marliyn Manson "

[​IMG]

Sebo, Kamais_Ookin and EvenPit like this.
  3. EvenPit

C-Murder is old school to me :p

4. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Stop it. I am NOT getting that old.

Anyways:

EvenPit likes this.
  5. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah

EvenPit likes this.
  6. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    From my "wow japanese rap/hiphop is the shit, this sounds amazing"-period :)

Rappagariya.

(I think i first heard of such from an old swedish hiphop documentary film called "Stocktown", where they traveled the world and found hiphop and other semi-unknown music artists.

Btw, if anyone knows anything about a (I think new zeeland?) group/act that was called "Kilowatts the moongoose" Let me know. i've been searching for more music from them quite a bit before)

EvenPit likes this.
  7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I think you should look into metal and old school rap more...

As for good/interesting Japanese music, it's hard to find stuff (even living here). Which is weird because I can't see your playlist, and I'd actually like to find something to listen to here, because it really can be oppressive hearing AKB48, Exile, and Weeb-fest playing everywhere at all times.

Here's some of the good stuff that I've found:

Now the question is, do you like this stuff because it's by Japanese people? Or because it's stuff made by talented musicians who, incidentally, are Japanese?

Regardless... this is a weird thread.

Ellis and EvenPit like this.
  8. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Nice ones! :)

Why is it a weird thread? - becasue it has a niché towards japan as a region musically?

I listen to music in any language if i like how it sounds, (mongolian throat-singing, japanese hiphop, arabic nasheeds :p)

To me i can appreciate songs even if the message might be lost to me due to not knowing the language. the flow and sound of it speaks to me in that case.
    Just as i'd also listen to instrumental or ambient music, i just loose the layer of understanding the lyrics.

Another artist whoms music i've liked a lot: Soul Scream.

EvenPit likes this.
  9. EvenPit

Oh yeah sorry about that I fixed the link I don't think anyone could see the playlist, but it should be cool now.