1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Bryant: General Discussion and Q & A

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chibiaya, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Because my post actually contained an opinion. But I guess it would be too much to expect people to read my posts before responding.

PurpGuy likes this.
  2. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Lag hurts certain characters worse than others, but it hurts certain play styles worse than it does a character

PurpGuy, Tricky, Manjimaru and 4 others like this.
  3. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    @_Denkai_ especially if your play style is technical like mine. Sometimes the more basic a player plays online the easier time they'll have. Then again i hvnt been playing online as much as i should so im not used to it.

4. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Ok Jacky players, what should I be doing out of a SS sabaki, p into [6_][K]:[G] combos or [P][+][K],[P]?
    I see Japanese players doing the 'geri combos but both Denkai and SDS do p+k,p. Is there a real reason why or are they both legitimate options?

5. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Do what's gonna work. For me, that's iaigeri all day. He's muhmuffin Jacky. GO IN. FEEL YOURSELF.

Honestly, I think [6][P][K] is better than [P][+][K][P] in that situation. The damage has to be similar, and Jacky might as well go for oki.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    PurpGuy likes this.
  6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    After the sabaki hit, all of the SS options are valid options. You can even combo SS 33K : P+G for style if you want.

[6_][K]:[G] combos are technically maxdamage on all except Taka but challenging to pull off (requires perfect iaigeri buffer) . SS P+KP offers an easier combo to do I guess. I'm not sure which carries further in terms of ringout potential. You can also do SS P, 7K. Against Taka I guess SS P, 6P+K, PP6PK.

EDIT: Unless you meant SS P, P+KP which doesn't work since beat knuckle requires counterhit to float?

PurpGuy and DK like this.
  7. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Hey Manji, youre back to VF by any chance? Will be great to have you here again :)

8. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

@Manjimaru, thanks. I did not mean ss p p+k,p although my wording could have made that a bit confusing. That's cool to know though, exactly 16 frames to connect the 'geri.

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    to follow up on the tangent, can SS 2kk ring out over half-walls? Also can SS P > iai be used the same way?

10. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

What is the best follow-up to the stagger caused by [3][K]ing someone's backdash. Seems you can go immediately into [4][P][+][K] if close enough. Or can do a quick dash to guarantee it will reach. Wondering if there is something better.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    You can easily dash forward before launching if you want. The backdash stagger's recovery cannot be hastened, even if it shows the stagger icons. You can dash forward and [6][K] launch if you want among other things, but I think [4][P][+][K] combo is still highest damage in general.

I think the problem is that sidekick is being counted as part of the combo, so the combined damage causes too much scaling for a bound to work successfully afterwards high angle kick, against mediumweights at least.

I just quickly tested.

PurpGuy and KrsJin like this.
  12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    PurpGuy likes this.
  13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Wow so no point in shaking to speed up recovery when that happens? Thanks Manjimaru.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I at least haven't noticed any difference in shaking the stick or not. Kind of weird why the game shows the struggling icons regardless though.

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

At least the CPU when set to fastest stagger recovery gets out of pretty much everything so I'd guess it's just really fucking hard for us humans.

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Uh what? No it doesn't. I did set stagger recovery to max and full dash, 6K still counts as a white combo after sidekick backdash stagger. This is precisely why I made the statement that the stagger recovery actually cannot be hastened. What exactly are you testing?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'd like to ask you the same thing.

I did Goh K, 66K and the CPU got away.
    I did Jacky 3K into various things and it got a away.

One thing it didn't get away from is point blank 3K into immediate 6K or 66K from Jacky.
    For the record it does get out of point plank 3K into 3P+K, so 17 frames from some range is what you've got if you want totally guaranteed stuff.

As an added comment. I earlier knew that Taka K, 33P+K with no dashframe is a combo while getting the dashframe there is not. Similar to the Jacky example with 17 and 18 frame moves. That might be kinda universal.

I'm still kinda interested how you're getting a full dash into anything as a white combo on fastest struggle.

EDIT: 3K 6K works even from a distance because of the range on his moves but the combos can be screwed form that distance. 6K+G also works even with a bit of distance and combos seem fine.

PurpGuy likes this.
  18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    There is some kind of discrepancy here.. (sorry for cellphone video quality)

PurpGuy likes this.
  19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

LOL! He's not struggling at all because he's doing what you recorded. Try setting the opponent simply on "backdash" :D

EDIT: I guess it's worth a mention that if the opponent doesn't struggle at all doing immediate anything whiffs completely.

PurpGuy and KrsJin like this.
  20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Aight, my bad. :unsure:

However, sidekick backdash stagger into 6K or P+K is still a combo even on fastest stagger recovery, just without the dash. 4P+K is however not. Regardless, I'm willing to bet money it works fine on normal human beings and does more damage than 6K combo because of reasons I wrote above.

I tried this on myself and I could only get out of the most outrageous example of dash, 6K followup.

KrsJin likes this.