1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Bryant: General Discussion and Q & A

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Chibiaya, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Yeah, I know. Like I said it's ridiculously hard, at least for me, to get out of backdash staggers. But it definitely is a strugglable stagger.

2. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have explored training options more. Didn't realize you could set the opponent to backdash. Thanks for researching that though guys.

And yeah given when that occurs, I bet most won't shake the quicker follow-ups.

3. Lulu Lulu

Lulu Lulu Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Okay so exactly how lenient is Jacky's Flash Sword Kick ?

People say its a Just Frame but I know for a fact I can't perform a just frame input if my children's lives depended on it.

I will say this though... its harder for me to perform the Flash Sword Kick in VF than in DoA.

So uhm.... what does "iaigeri" mean ?

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Don't quote me on it but I thought it was a 3 frame window.

5. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    That feels right..... in the input details display I seem to get a succesfull FSK if I hit[G] after 4 Frames but before 11 Frames after hitting [6_][K]..... I can't seem to get an accurate window because I don't know how to read that display correctly.

All I know is because of the Inconsistant way I do it.... 5 seems to be the ealiest and 10 seems to the latest frame.

When looking at the numbers in White.... should I include the numbers in yellow if I want to know the exact Follow Up Intervals between inputs ?

6. Lulu Lulu

XBL:
    Lulekani
    Okay so this is what the Iaigeri (Flash Sword Kick) looks like when the AI performs it... according to the input Display.

0....3 [6_]
    ......3 [6_] [K]
    13..3..........[G]
    Okay so since the move goes active in 16 Frames I would assume thats when the window for the Iaigeri closes.
    So what I need to know is.... that number 13 over there next to [G]... is that the Amount of Time that has passed since [6_][K] was inputted (on the first Frame).... or do I need to include the red 3 next to it (the total duration a move was held down) ?

I ask because my Iaigeri looks like this:
    0....17 [6_]
    ........7 [6_] [K]
    ........3 [6_]
    6......5..........[G]

Any thoughts ? :)

Edit: the red numbers are suppose the the active input frames.

7. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Just double checking, Jacky's best punish against -15 moves is [3][P][P][P]?

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I think so, generally speaking. Some players like to use 6P+K for the plus frames. 9K might be best for max damage in some cases.

KrsJin likes this.
  9. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Nice thanks man. Didn’t consider 9K. And yeah plus frames and mixups sound nice, I’ll explore those as I get more comfortable with the game.

10. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

When I play Jacky, I like to block opponents attacks, and then use [P][P][8][P], because the last punch knocks people away. I think the command, is now [P][P][P] in FS.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  11. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Ah yeah, that’s what I used in 5 Vanilla. I think it was replaced by [P][P][P] in FS but not sure that’s natural combo on recovery now. I’ll have to test.

12. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

Thats right, shit on that guys neck!

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  13. JackymusPrime

JackymusPrime Active Member

Well I haven't played since vf 4 evo on ps2, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Im doing the dreaded iaigeri training (Day 1) and will continue to do so until I get it. Its quite frustrating as I cant figure the timing. I think its vital to learn it as it opens up Jackys Max potential and limits your game if you dont learn it.

Chanchai likes this.
  14. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Depends on a few things. But for the most part, in the open, yes. Vs taka you want 6p+k. And if you evade something that gives you a 15f punish due to successful evade you also want 6p+k

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  15. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Always hit for [6][P]+[K]followed with [P][P][6][P][K] Leaves you -2 tho. If your opponent like to [2][P]spam afterwards then [9][G][K]