1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Combos

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Cozby, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Go to dojo, settings, CPU settings, details, set fall recovery to "in-place (exact)"

2. FrankTheThird

FrankTheThird Member

I should read the forums more, I will follow the official "un-official rules" and remove it =P lol.

Thanks for the info. Manji?

It's a slow process learning and becoming a VF player.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Generally posting "combos" that can be escaped by using techroll/exact recovery or stagger recovery is frowned upon. Dojo will also tell you whether a combo is escapable in that the combo counter will turn green. If it stays white, its a real combo. If you set stagger recovery to fastest and fall recovery to exact and the combocounter still remains white, you got yourself a real combo.

You are of course free to use whatever you want in actual gameplay, but we try to keep combo forums restricted only to 'real' combos.

4. FrankTheThird

FrankTheThird Member

I'm pretty sure for VF and 3d fighters in general that knowing which combo to use is situational, but would you guys say there are some Jacky "bnb's" I should focus on as a beginner, or just learn and practice the ones I'm most comfortable with?

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

This is my opinion, and it comes from the perspective of someone who thinks 'I can't do Iaigeri with consistency, so I'll drop it from combos'. If you believe you have the input skills to use Iaigeri in combos, then disregard this advice.

So, an easy combo you can land from pretty much every combo-starter is 2p > 1P+KPP. It's really simple to do, works on flops, floats, and head-crushes. It's by no means the max damage, and it really is better to try to learn one combo per combo-starter. Personally, when I start to learn a new character, for each combo-starter, I write down a combo that's not stance or weight specific and that I know I won't have input command issues, and keep it next to me when I play. Each time I land a combo-starter, I'll be trying to remember what I should be doing, and if I forget, I'll refer back to my notes at the end of the round. Eventually, each of these combos will become natural to you, and you'll just be throwing them out each time you land your starter. From there, you can always look at working on more powerful combos, stance, weight, or character-specific juggles and set-ups etc.

My philosophy is to make sure my gameplay is fluid and that I can get at least some stable, consistent damage from my starters, rather than getting too bogged down in maxing out every point of damage straight away, to the point where I become too rigid and focused on that point that I'm just trying to land combo-starters all round.

In short, I prefer to learn and get comfortable with playing my character, then work on increasing damage output. Just my two-cents - I'm sure others can offer more/better advice.

6. FrankTheThird

FrankTheThird Member

Great reply thanks, there should be a Jacky general discussion thread, or are my questions fine here?

7. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    FrankTheThird likes this.
  8. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

CH last hit of fully charged [3][P][P][P]+[K] - [2][P] - [6_][K]:[G] - [2][P]+[K] - [6_][K]:[G] - [7][K]+[G]
    does 129 damage. Open stance, tested on Eileen

9. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Natural Combos?

10. AkiraZero

yup it all hits. most damage i've gotten so far in a non-wall combo

11. pana

pana Well-Known Member

You didn't understand my question.

12. AkiraZero

alrighty, what did you mean then?

13. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Combos like:
    [1][P][K] and [3][P][P][P] on CH
    or
    [1][P][+][K][K] on NH.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What about natural combos then?

15. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Natural Combos on NH:
    - [P][P]
    - [P][K]
    - [4][P][1][P]
    - [6][P][P]
    - [6][P][K]
    - [K][P]
    - (KP)[P][P][K]
    - [4][K][K]
    - (4KK)[K][K]
    - [3][K][P]
    - (3KP)[2][K][K]
    - [P][+][K][P]
    - [P][+][K][K]
    - [1][P][+][K][P]
    - [1][P][+][K][K]
    - [K][+][G][K]
    - SS [P][+][K][P]
    - SS [2][K][K]
    - SSS [P][P]

Natural Combos on CH:
    - [1][P][K] (It's a NC on RecoveryCH as well)
    - [3][P][P][P]
    - (6P)[P][K]
    - (6P)[P][2][K]
    - (K)[P][P][P][K]
    - (3K)[P][K]
    - (3K)[P][2][K][K]
    - [2][K][+][G][K]
    - BT [K] SS [P]

Natural Combos on Taka:
    - [P][P][6][P][P]
    - [P][P][6][P][K]
    - [3][K][P][K]

ManuSam likes this.
  16. Mr_X

Mr_X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    X_the_Genius
    CH 6K+G 2P 6_K:G 2P+K LB! 2/8P+K+G P P
    Works on
    Vanessa
    Lion
    Pai
    Sarah
    Aoi
    Eileen
    El Blaze

Omit the 6_K:G and works on
    The above except Blaze
    Brad

17. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    6PK (CH) combos:

ManuSam and Chibiaya like this.
  18. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Yeah i believe this stuff was already know but never posted. thanks

19. ZBEP

ZBEP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ZBEP
    [6][P][+][K] > [4][6][P][+][G] > Summer Salt near a wall is 50%+ life gone, I didn't know it takes off so much. Like, what the fuck, I just got killed by two of these in a row! What The Fuck! [​IMG]

ManuSam likes this.
  20. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    New jacky wall combo concept by me. I think i could push for more damage? Doing flipkick in this combo actually seems less optimal considering it doesnt always land