1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky Combos

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Cozby, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I can't get it to land at all, that's why I'm asking. 9PP, meaning the jumping punch-backfist thing, right? That pushes them away and the jab just doesn't reach. I even tried doing 66k and 66K+G just to see if they'd reach, but even those whiff...

2. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    SMH Genzen, are reading what im telling you? on the wall do 9pp-Straight lead. It doesnt require a wall hit because if your opponent is near the wall it makes them slide to the wall. But you have to connect it with Straight lead to move foward. Get it now?

3. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Right, now I understand. It wasn't clear what you meant before. You mean that I use the wall to prevent my opponent from being pushed away from me, but that they don't actually need to hit the wall for me to get the combo, right?

4. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    LOL! Genzen my ginger friend, go watch chibiaya video again about 4pp. lt shows examples of what im telling you. 9pp works the same way

5. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get it now. Using the wall to prevent the distance usually caused from the jumping attack. Looks like a good option when you have 'em up near the wall, since he also has the low sweep from jumping, so it's a decent guessing game that both lead to a combo.

6. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Okay, so I browsed through the whole thread and I looked on the combo wiki thing, and I can't find any combos for landing the last hit of [1][P][K][P][P] to get the gut crumple thing. I've tried testing it a bit but I can't seem to get anything to work besides [9][K], and even that misses sometimes (that might just be me being slow, or maybe a stance thing?)

Anyone got anything I can use?

(P.S. Remember I'm scrubby and can't do Iaigeri, so I'd need something that doesn't use that move).

Thanks to anyone who responds!

7. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    assuming you mean [1][P][+][K][P][P]:

[2][P] -> [9][K][K] 58 Damage. Tested on Jeffry, Jacky, Jean, Kage, Shun and Blaze. Can't delay the [2][P]. Doesn't work on Akira or Taka. Should work on everyone else.

[2][P] -> [7][K] 67 Damage. Works on Taka. Doesn't work on Akira. DIdn't test anyone else.

[2][P] -> [1][P][K] 52 Damage. Works on Akira. Didn't test anyone else.
    [2][K][+][G][K][K][K] (4 lightning kicks) 54 Damage. Works on Akira. Didn't test anyone else.

Quick and dirty testing. Might be better stuff.

8. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find the lag in online mode to make it hard to land the [2][P] on time. I guess I'll just have to work on being faster with the input. Thanks for the combos; I'll try each of them in practical play and see what works.

9. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I couldn't find another way to combo well without using [2][P] refloat. If you really can't do it online or whatever try the two Akira ones on other characters for less damage. Timing is probably less strict.

10. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    honestly, I just like doing 4kkk easy reliable and i like the oki.

11. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw Pana put that in the chatbox a while after I posted. It looks like a good option because of the spinning thing. Thanks.

12. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    (against wall) 4PP -> 6_P -> iai -> 4K+G -> 1P+KK -> 2P -> 7K for 125 damage on CH. Can replace the low punch with second iaigeri for 1 point more damage, but against some characters it becomes stancedependant. 3PPP+K can be used in place of 1P+K for same damage. Does not work on all midweights. You need to get a wallhit after iaigeri for the combo to work.

13. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    its hard to pull that off all the time though even on light weights. i did it before though.

14. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Time to revive a dead thread.

Character specific combo on Vanessa

[6_][K]:[G], [4][4][P], [P],[K]~[G], [2][P][+][K],SSS[P], [P].
    Works off of SS[P] [6_][K]:[G] as well.

For max damage replace SSS [P] With either [6_][P] [7][K] Or [6_][K]:[G] [7][K] Depending on foot positioning.

jimi Claymore likes this.
  15. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Can't Jacky do [2][3][6_][K] like Brad and Vanessa to execute it quicker. And still do Laido Kick?

16. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Well if a Jacky player was going for Laido Kick

17. DK

Correct, and that is the method I use personally. But the notation is still [6_][K]:[G]

18. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I don't think tjos makes it any quicker though. This method is more of a mental aid. Personally I don't see the need to use this. I just hold forward during the previous moves execution, or guard, or not at all.

edit: Used to, I mean. Haven't played VF in ages.

DK likes this.
  19. DK

That explains why you won't accept my friend request :cry: And yea either way, if done correctly, execution is always 16f. I omitted "execute it quicker" in my mind when I was reading jasons post originally.

Edit: heck you can even do [3][3][6][K]:[G] If you're so inclined

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  20. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Nall,[2][3][6][K] is better. More fluid.