1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky players around the world

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by VFJackyFan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. VFJackyFan

VFJackyFan Member

I'm a big Jacky fan and have been playing Jacky in VF5. I think Jacky is the strongest character in VF5. Do other people think so too? Who else is a fan of Jacky?

My old gamertag was DefJacky from WA. Since my live account expired I'm going to make a new one soon. Are there any good Jacky players here? Here's a Jacky gameplay video I made. This is part 1. If people like my style I'll post a part 2. The players in the video are mostly my buddies, I guess we're a pretty strong group and we think VF5 is the best.
    <object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8uQuJNRGpU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R8uQuJNRGpU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

2. smb

smb Well-Known Member

your friends look like they all suck...really bad. But i suppose thats your fault for posting a vid of nothing but one round snippets where you dominate them.

(in case that was too subtle, its pointless to post a vid of 1 round snippets where you dominate your friends. Feel free to post up actual matches, and the community here will gladly give you both positive and constructive feedback.)

(and altho it goes without saying, 99% of the time, i suppose its worth mentioning all the same. The matches are most entertaining if you post up ones that go 5 rounds, win or lose, or that have something particular interesting happen in them.)

Welcome to vfdc

3. VFJackyFan

VFJackyFan Member

It's my Jacky fan video, so it should show Jacky gameplay, setups and pacing. It's not a video asking for analysis. It's not a match video. It's put up for fellow Jacky players to watch.

Thanks for the welcome to vfdc. I hope vfdc members are more friendly than you.

I especially hope there's a ton of Jacky players here and we can have a Jacky players group.

4. smb

smb Well-Known Member

nope, i am the most friendly vfdc'er on here. its all down hill from this point on

[​IMG]

well, i guess in light of it being a jacky fan-fair, it serves its point. I took it out of context.

5. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    You guys look really skilled. I was wondering on how to use slide side shuffle on oki.

Who are the rest of the players though?

6. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

The Lion was rubbish, the Akira looked skilled. I'd like to see the full match vs Akira.

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I like to see what you do when you Take a Hit though. Welcome to VFCD!!! Some people are very active while they are dominating and make situations look a bit easy. I like to see you work from the stretch so i can get a idea on what im facing.

"Boards Don't Hit Back"

8. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Welcome to VFDc

Your Jacky gave me flash backs of Haijin Jacky! *joke*

The best part of that clip was the Akira knee punishing after ducking your slide shuffle [2] [K] [K]

Good stuff

9. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

Nice video, don't mind negativity.

10. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    If your going to post anything up, learn to take criticism.
    and just because someone critiques or comments on your video in a way that you don't like,
    I don't think its fair to respond how you did.

It's a nice video but posting full matches would be much better.
    The fact that you have the means to record your matches, surely they deserve some appreciation in full in perhaps say a youtube channel?
    seems a bit more productive.

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    ROFL MAN YOU GUYS ARE ALL FOOLS AND OBVIOUSLY NOT WATCHING THE VIDEO CLOSELY... and that's all I'm gonna say about that! [​IMG]

Nice vid though! Do you play online? Maybe we can get some games in some time?

12. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It just looked like random abare Jacky to me, the other players were letting him get away with a lot, like the Lion that evaded 6pk then did nothing.

Think I remember playing this guy before, I know that gamertag is familiar.

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

That 2p backdash reminds me of............. not saying tis him but. That jacky looks to fluid not to have been around just because a Xbox live account expired.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Welcome to VFDC.

Anyways, Im pretty sure VFDC is one of the friendlier fighting game communities. This reminds me how a friend of mine posted a "hello" message to SRK. The first response was "GTFO fucker".

EDIT: I watched the vid and wonder what the criticism was about.. oh well posting full matches would be preferred. [​IMG]

15. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

The Jacky looks a bit like an improved version of how Cozby's used to be.

16. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

That Jacky looks very good definitely Japanese like if you ask me..I have an idea on who it could be

17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Jesus Christ you guys don't know VF5! My lack of knowledge for VF5 sucks, but obviously you guys really suck! No offense!

Just the OKI stuff should tell you the type of level that this person is on.

WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN! AND IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT... WATCH IT AGAIN!

Look at the entire round against Vanessa starting at 0:31. The combo that he starts off with in the beginning is not even a combo that Denkai or Cozby uses.

then at 0:59 the OKI to KO Akira...

then more OKI at 1:16...

then 1:31 he does OKI but then OM's because he realized the OKI fell short of what he planned...

then the overall speed of the player...

top that off with his friends are Boris Of Wales (Lion), VFNumbers (Lei), the Vannessa and Akira player names elude me at the moment, but I know I know them.

Me and Denkai watched this vid last night right next to each other and within the first 10 seconds we knew this player was on a whole other level.

Definitely Japanese or plays in JP arcades... sorry but no American player is busting out shit like that just playing with 4-5 random buddies.

Possible? but I highly doubt it! [​IMG]

18. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    I dont think played this guy before but man that lei sure reminds of myself always setting up oki traps lol.His jacky oki game is strong. Wait maybe that is me lol

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    It's me, obviously.

20. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Wait till you see my vid I've been working on. You will HATE that shit with a passion. [​IMG]

Oh also, I think WA gave it away. If so, I have kissed this man IRL.