1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jacky's Side Turned Game

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by pana, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Do you guys have poor READING comprehension? Im srry but all of you are getting on my nerves. 4PP HAS TO BE BLOCKED! Jacky CANNOT use turn knuckle combos without the CH.

(CH) BT PKG6k or any other move below 17f from the side. Notice how i said PKG? you have to cancel in the fastest input to get these combos. These are jacky's cancel combos.

2. pana

pana Well-Known Member

I got it.

You're saying that:
    Jacky is BT
    Opponent is ST
    You get CH from PKG
    If you get a CH from PKG then 17f (6K) moves and below are guaranteed.

No, I need someone to prove that because I can only get 16f moves.
    Also, you CAN'T confirm the CH PKG into 6K to get it guaranteed if it's guaranteed.
    And, if the opponent blocks the PKG and you do 6K (since you have to input PKG6K as fast as possible) while he's still holding G you'll be at -15f.
    So, PKG6K is just not good anyway.

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  3. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Um you defietely can hit confirm you just have to be fast enough. On top of that it does an extreme amount of dmg so its worth it. I'll inv you. Get on.

ManuSam likes this.
  4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

6K doesn't register on the combocounter but it definitely seems to combo. Whats more, I couldn't duck the hit to get lower float or get Goh's 46K kick sabaki in there.

5. pana

pana Well-Known Member

Yes. The ComboCounter doesn't register 6K as guaranteed but if you record the CPU doing it you can't block it.

So BT CH PK~G on ST opponent guarantees moves up to 17f. Problem is that it's not hit-checkable.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Up to 19f mids actually. Sideturned has those extra 3 "unguard" frames. You can also land 3P+K (18f). Jacky has no 19f mid but you can land 4P+K if the opponent does not duck it. 6K is the most powerful option though.

ExzetyXat1 and ManuSam like this.
  7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If it's not coming up in the combo counter its probably with that 3 frame "can't block or sidestep" window.
    Eileen has something odd like this as well with 6P+K string from sideturned, so it may actually be a quirk of the system rather than a jacky specific thing. Just how many extra frames does the K cancel give him?

8. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    See the way to hit confirm it is doing three things 1) Its so fast that you have to look 4 the CH flash 2) You have to hear the CH noise 3) If it fails and you dont get the CH just do BTPKG and dnt press a button This is 4 all of his Turn Knuckle combos. Its ''lightning fast'' to the point where you have to pay attention when you do it. The safest one is BTPKGP. lf the second p is guarded your +2 and you can keep attacking. Anyway its just a option if you want to do alot of dmg. You dnt have to use it if you dnt want to. just do the basic ones.

9. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    I want to know, why you'd want to be BT on a ST opponent AND what efficient move you'd use to get yourself into that spot. BT Pkg is cool from ST(but it's HIGH) and 3k will forever be a better option. So yes, it's great facts, but unbelievably situational.

in a nutshell if i'm understanding this, if you manage to CH from BT on ST opponent pkg, you're getting extra frames to use launcher? and it's hit checkable? I do know a little something about being fast, but that's not hit checkable if you're thinking launcher. Maybe throw or k+g, but there's not enough frames to check it and commit to 6k.

could be groundbreaking though if pkg does give some magic frames due to the kick cancelling.

....IMO

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

PP4PK side-turns the opponent and leaves you back-turned.
    4PK side-turns the opponent and leaves you back-turned.
    44k side-turns the opponent and leaves you back-turned.

I think that's all of them.

11. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    it gives hin 3 extra frames like you said. But is a jacky specific combo. lf you do a 16f move or lower after BTPKG, it turns into a combo. 17 18 19 is a frame trap.

12. BlondieVF5

BlondieVF5 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLONDIE_hydra
    If you're BT'd why would anyone stand there and block, you're going to get destroyed by fuzzy.

What can jacky do that's not fuzzy guardable from BT? If it was me I'd just duck while you were BT'd, and punish.

13. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    LOL its not situational. Turn knuckle combos also work normally. When 4pp OR 66K+G4 is blocked if your opponent throw out a 14fr move or higher, BTPKG hits.You can use a throw or 12f-14f to combo with. You look 4 the CH flash to confirm it, otherwise stop at PKG

14. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Not really. Thats not actually what players would do all the time. If they see a BT opponent most players who dnt know jacky's frames would attack. + You cant punish BTPKG its to fast to be punish with fuzzy or w/e. The only thing you can do 4 punish is just 2p if you want. Regardless its just a option.

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Humbly pointing it out that I was wrong in above post. The technique works and 6K appears guaranteed. At least I couldn't figure out a way to avoid it. However, I can't think of any reason why this is so, this technique trumps the 'rules of the game' and I don't like it. I hope someone asks about this from Kamaage or something, whether it is a glitch or bug or something. I don't like my games breaking their own rules.. The frame counter definitely lies in this case.

16. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Simplest explanation is that the BT [P][K][G] has less total frames than BT [P], giving more frame advantage on CH.

Also, the fact that it doesn't come up on the combo counter means Aoi should be able to YY/counter her way out of this. Can someone test that?

17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No, she can't. Well, I didn't do Aoi, but I tried Goh 46K on Jackys 6K and 4P+K+G on 4P+K.

You can crouch those 17-19f attacks if they are high. You can also block Jackys 1K+G which is 19f. You can't however do anything about mids.

I was under the impression that attacks (and reversals) weren't affected by the 3 frame ST penalty but I guess I was just assuming it.

EDIT: I just retested Akira's ST guardbreak > yoho. +17 and Yoho is 18f (or 19 since I'm doing it lazily in this scenario) and there's nothing that can be done about that either. No crouching for lower float, no evading and trying a reversal or sabaki just gets you CH'd.

And there are rules for this. The sideturned 3 frame penalty has been known for a while. There's just not a comprehensive documentation of it. So as of now I think it's safe to say that on hit (and guardbreaks) the penalty also affects attacks while on block it does not (tested Akira OM 3P (-2), 3P and I interrupted that with 15f and 16f more damaging move).

18. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    From experience i'm pretty sure they aren't . I don't know if this is a special case or what i've experienced so far just isn't applicable. Does Goh's 46K sabaki from the very first frame?

19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Damn, I was too slow in my editing :D

Yes, it does and I did some testing with this on hit (or actually GB) and on block.
    Oh, and I tested it with Aoi reversals and 236P+K sabaki this time.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The problem however, is that the framecounter says that the PK~G CH is +8. Now explain how you add the sideturned penalty to it in such a way that it comes to guarantee 17 frame mid attacks? (from the side)