1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

japanese vf4 pages

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Mr. Bungle, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

out of curiousity, i did a search for "vf4" within the .jp domain. more than a few pages came up. i can't read japanese, and although i'm starting to get the hang of deciphering babelfish's "translations", i can't make much out. however for those that can read (and hopefully share with us), or want to take a stab at deciphering http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~hn3t-adc/ this one has an active bbs, and an early pai movelist
    http://pf2012.oheya.to/labo/ looks like some interesting stuff here

i'll add more if there's anything worthwhile

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey, there are some honest to god new moves on here. If only some of them had high level gameplay movies. Thanks for posting those.

Friendly touchie-feelie newbie tip of the day: The pages have notations like 64P and 3PP6P. The numbers are a nifty way of notating directions. The directions correspond with the numbers on a typical keypad (see keyboard), i.e. 6 is forward, 3 is d/f, 2 is down ... etc.

With that being said, it looks like pai's d/f+P strings have been tweaked with d/f+P,K and d/f+P,K,K.... there's also a f,b+P,P combo. I hope at least one is useful.

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Kage info there

I found some good Kage info on one of the sites. I wasn't going to fuck with trying to translate it, but there's some really good stuff there.

Looks like to compensate for the fact that people can now PKG recover and not get hit by the f,f+K, you can cancel it! Leaves Kage with his back turned. interesting.

I'll write more later.

Spotlite

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Kage info there

Must've been a new addition; I tried canceling the f,f+K when I realized the opponent had recovered but to no avail.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

6. Mr. Bungle

more pages from japan.

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/ken_1/game/index.htm has a pretty extensive journal listing off new moves, changed move commands, and more.

for anyone in hayward/shgl, try these - reading off some stuff from the pages.

jacky has a new throw - FC,df+P+G. assuming it's in those test versions. also, am i reading right - does jacky's LBF stagger now?

wolf has some sort of wristlock throw variation - HCB+P+G,P+G. also try doing d+P+G during wolf's df,df+P+G animation; there may or may be some sort of variation. b+P+G also seems to be a variation (short range?) version to his "new" P+G throw.

jeff has a stance - P+K+G. no comment on usefulness.

there's lots more but if you read the pages it would be sort of pointless for me to prattle on. try out the stuff and report if you can.

7. Mr. Bungle

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cas52160/vf4/html/frame.htm>http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~cas52160/vf4/html/frame.htm</A> is one of the links off of one of the previous pages i pointed out. however this should be of interest to wolf, jeff, and aoi players. the movelists are extensive and it even has combos.

i'm getting the sense that throws are distance related. as in, the throw will start when your characters arm's connect with the opponent. so obviously, they will come out faster the closer you are. this sense comes from some of the translations i've read, as well as the gamerweb movies. check out movie 10. about 15 seconds in pai does a df P G throw on lau - look at her arms. they reach waaayyy out, almost to the point where she would begin to pull them back. it's visibly different from other throw attempts by her and others. some seem really quick when they're close.

and while i'm on the movies - i also reaaallly like the swooshing and block noises. much improved over vf3, back to vf1/2.

ehhngh..anyway. jeff's old ass-bomb pounce can be done at any time with u K G (!)

8. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Nice, Rich.

These sites continue to yield good, RECENT info.

Akira:

site calls it "kamehameha"! This is the move I reported seeing on accident in my final Hayward report. Command is b,f,f+P+K+G. I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but it looks like it says "unblockable attack reversal?" Hmmm

The new 3 hit! Looks like my suspicion that the d+K+G was the beginning of a string was right, but I never guessed it'd be so close to the DLC: d+K+G,f+K,b,f+P. Says it works OTB, damage is small. Starts with a low attack, obviously.

Fukko b,d/f+P. I had reported that the command was b,d/f+P+K, but was wrong, apparently. Says it works well against risers and hits OTB.

SPoD, umm, it looks like they're saying that if the first hit doesn't connect, "until" 3rd hit will connect? Does this mean even if they guard the palm, you can still RBC- DblPm??? It says:"Command modification. 1st shot not hitting, 3rd to shot it seems that can be put out. "

Jacky

d+K+G,K low kick, high kick. Looks like if the 1st hit is counter, 2nd is guaranteed

Has a new upper, d/f+P from crouch. Looks a little like Law's TTT big upper.

P+K+G during oppt' s punch gives inashi, which can be chained into "back blow" with P

People did P+K, (float)P,K-P,P,K combo at the location test "beat mania"

Sarah

during her new stance, if you d+K Crush Low, then P+G with proper timing you can get the Hand Hold Neck Cut throw. oppt can Interrupt with P at times.

new throw, f,b/d+P+G

b+K, b+P+K, and d/f+P,K all get her into stance, not sure if it's the same stnace, seems like it.

during stance, P+G throw.

during stance, K+G, P+G hit throw (here they make a crack about Sara becoming a throw character I think)

during stance P+K. Looks like this is a ducking sway, maybe.

Lau

This site just lists b+P+K (Left Nail Tiger Palm), and b+P,K

Wolf

Super Drop Kick, u/f+K+G causes stagger upon guard

Turn Kick d/f+K+G like king's turn-around kick

Kenka Kick b+K+G does it look like Jeffry's I wonder?

Super Arrow Nuckle b,d/f+P

Tackle b,b+P+G

Spotlite

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Pai's combos and throw system

Hi, thank you for your registration.
    I am so glad to see the upsurge for VF in U.S.
    Unfortunately, I am not so good at English. For this reason, I cannot make the site in English.
    But I cheer you and all VF players in U.S. :)

10. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I was gonna try some of the new stuff out at Hayward today...but the machine's gone. Just a heads up to anyone who was still planning to go there.

11. Mr. Bungle

news flash - it's been moved to sunnyvale golfland, for anyone in that area.

12. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

woohoo, even closer to most of the people I know in that area (like 10 minutes close)!

I'm only praying a decent amount of people at SVGL will play it....

-Chanchai