1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jean Oki?

Discussion in 'Jean' started by cmase1989, Sep 12, 2014.

1. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

What are Jeans best options against tech rollers and against crushing rising attacks? Thanks!

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Against tech rollers, a mixup between [3][P][+][K] and [4][6][P][+][K] is pretty bnb. [6][K] works to crush rising attacks, but idk what the best move is.

3. Devdan

Devdan Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WrysWendellBoah
    XBL:
    WrysWendellBoah
    Against rising attacks, stand back a little and do 1 P+K. I don't know if it's scrubby or not, but I got way too much mileage out of it. Works with Lau too, but not quite as good.

4. cmase1989

cmase1989 Well-Known Member

i find 6K+G fully charged works really well against tech rollers. And yeah I do 1P+K against wiffed rising attacks im just wondering what moves might crush them in close, maybe what mids have really long active frames to beat them out?

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

6K+G charge is a pretty common setup after 3KK or CH 2KK knockdowns.

Meaty 3P+K mixed with GB is good. If you are unsure about your meaty timing you can mix in throws or circulars to prevent evades.

1P+K is really good on wake-up kicks after some throws. Too bad I can't remember which ones right now, been a while since I played Jean.

For crushing wake-up attacks 6K is most damage. 3 active frames. 46K+G has 4 active frames but it's harder to time IMO because it's slow. It also only gives you a stagger that guarantees nothing.

I dunno if it's really any good but one thing that I try to do sometimes is to do 3K+G on techs, so that it hits right after meaty window. They attack, you get juggle; they block you get +1 and some space and should they evade you should end up only somewhere between 0 to -5 or something.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget Jean has 3P charge down attack to properly hurt people for not teching.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    PsychoFingers, Sozos and cmase1989 like this.