1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry 101 (a guide to FS Jeffry)

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Sebo, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Demonstormlord

Demonstormlord Active Member

PSN:
    Demonstormlord
    How about making the threat stance slap a mid? Possibly even half-circular, covering Jeffrys back? It looks like it should be, anyway.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [6][2][K] staggers into high block / NH. But if it is unstaggered properly, it still puts Wolf in large disadvantage. If there is anything Wolf is bad in, it will be his low attack game [​IMG]

Just wish to point out that you need to be +5 or more in order to make [6][K][+][G] to go over 2P. It really sucks as antilow, just fyi
    [9][P][+][K] is godlike tough, 3rd frame is already considered airborne. The overall damage from whole "combo" is not the best, but I still can not not complain

Just wish to point out.

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Yes, as I stated in the "picking a character thread," Wolf lacks lows, but at least it knocks down.

And yeah, those still work against [2][P] and lows in general depending on frames.

In addition to a great elbow (and screw hook, a 14 frame half-circular...), and one of the best throw games (complete with many catch throws).

There is a reason why Wolf ranks much higher than Jeffry.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Personally, I completely agree.
    Unless I watch ã¡ã³ãŸã‚ㆠ(Chibitarou) playing. After seeing his matches, I usually consider Jeff to be S+ for next hour or two [​IMG]

5. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Anyone with Chibita in their name automatically = S tier.

6. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
    Was playing a bit Jeffry this week and discovered something.

66P+K is longer active than stated in the FD.
    I crushed rising attacks from Frame 25 up to 30(FD says it's aktive for only 3 Frames).
    And if the opponent tries to do a rising attack right after the followup P+G, another 66P+K crushes it easily.

Haven't tested vs all facedown feet toward rising attacks, but it worked out quite well so far.

7. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Hey all, adding a little bit here:

You can do this on mid-weights up to Jean: [K][P]~[P]+[K]+[G], [P][P] LB, small dash [4][K][P] or etc.
    OK 16f punisher, easy to hit check too, not too much use as a poke though because [K][P] is a double high + the Threat slap, but can be used as such.

Another thing, after [1][K]+[G], both on normal hit and after Threat [6][P]:[P]+[G], you can substitute dash [2][P] for dash, very small delay [P] and finisher for a bit higher damage. Again works on mid-weights up to Jean.

8. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    This is a really good find, thanks for posting it. I've been having a lot more success crushing rising kicks with this move than my usual 33P attempts.

As for after it hits, the knockdown the P+G follow up gives is pretty great in general since it forces any rising kick to be non-circular. You can evade - OM and and completely whiff punish a raw rising kick, and still have options if they choose to roll. Plus the stuff from this post

9. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Not sure if peeps already knew this but TKOD on CH is a true combo. The timing for it to be totally unescapable is pretty tight but that's half life right there out of a 17f safe mid with good range on CH.

Trykt likes this.
  10. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    and on a side CH a VERY easy true combo too.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  11. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Unfortunately it doesn't matter on side (with the exception of taka) because if you can land 2k than you could have landed a side crumple combo - same damage but much more distance carry-over (jeffry loves walls ^_^) and guaranteed (for the off-chance that you couldn't do the troll kick of doom LOL).

12. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    I tried testing the timing for it to be guaranteed, it's at least a 3 frame window and possibly 4. Which is quite wide! Fishing for CH toe kicks is a HUGE part of my game, it's one of my favorite things about playing Jeffry.

13. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    As long as the opponent's lifebar's red health isn't drained after you hit CH 2K, TKOD will connect as a real combo.

14. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

@Sebo I'm writing up the Jeffry character section on the Wiki, will it be alright if I use a lot of this stuff? I will also link this thread over there.

15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    There's something really wrong about someone, who can't even do Jeff's ez ass combos, writing a wiki on him. o_O

16. Strider786

I knew you'd say that.

17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    If you really want to... sure. Just give proper citation, but also do some your own work in addition. There are a lot of funny properties which show how broken Jeffry's hitbox is, like one I can remember [P][P][P] in closed stance (or was it open?) vs. eileen's [6][P] (after the first two jabs).

Real question: game has been out for years, and not a single one of those sandbagging Shun players have done shit. "Too much work." Kill yourself for playing Shun. Same could be said for Akira players, Aoi players, Brad players, Eileen players, El Blaze players, Goh players, Jacky players, Jean players, Jeffry players, Kage players, Lau player, LeiFei players, Lion players, Pai players, Sarah players, Shun players (again), Taka players, Vanessa players, and Wolf players.

*old man voice* Back in my day, I used to write wikis and informative posts! Just to delete them!

Strider786 likes this.
  18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    There's a difference between inventing new information and collating/organising already existing information in the wiki. You don't need to be skilled with the character to perform the latter, and that alone is adding value to site for other users to benefit from.

Please don't knock those willing to contribute.

Strider786 likes this.
  19. Strider786

Truth is, after writing that defensive tech guide, I learned a lot. I may not be able to use them yet, but I have the knowledge. I reckoned writing the Jeffry wiki will do the same thing, so I put myself forward. Besides I don't see any of you guys stepping up.

Pai~Chun and Modelah like this.
  20. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Hey all, I've been plugging in time here and there for the past few months and now the Wiki page for the Jeffry Move Analysis is about 95% done (need to fill out more information on wake up options on all the throws, fix the innumerable grammatical/spelling errors, and format it better).

https://virtuafighter.com/wiki/jeffry-move-analysis-vf5fs/?noRedirect=1

Take a read, it's a looooooong one (size-wise if you are to combine all the other character's movelist pages, this one alone is 1/4 of that in terms of "bytes"). Comments or corrections will be appreciated.

jimi Claymore, Epileptech and oneida like this.