1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Clan

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Kamais_Ookin, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Alright, AyuFanb0y decided to join the clan as well!

There are enough people for now, there will be 10 of us for this first tournament, and hopefully more and more people will decide to give Jeffry a try and join after we demonstrate what mariner's power is all about!

2. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    kamais ask the weiand

3. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    "sorry man, no time." Was the reply but I gave him an open invitation for the future.

4. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    ill speak to the hill billy and see if he wants to if u want.

When do u guys plan to start jeffrey matches and gatherings.. u guys have a set time..
    so i can train jeffrey b4 then, cus right now, i dont know nething besides he's punishable...lol.

5. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I'm working on setting the time and it's format, I think it will be anywhere from 1-2 weeks from now, I will post the details soon.

6. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Ok, it's going to be the 10 of us, first there will be a seeding phase and then afterwards will be the actual tournament.

First of all we will do seeding to see which player face who in the actual tournament, It will span one week from the 19th of this month to the 26th. Everyone will have a chance to play each other, be sure to arrange a time and date and it will be convenient if everyone could add one another. This will be a nice way for everyone to feel each other out, know how the connection holds up in each match up, and from the variety of different Jeffry players learn new things along the way!

This is how it works:

-Best out of 9, so basically whoever wins 5 first.
    -The matches will be 3 rounds.
    -Every round you win will translate to 2 points, every round you lose is 1 point. Every set that you win is an additional 3 points.
    -Random stage select.
    -No splash mountain or else your banned from clan... [​IMG]

When you have finished playing everyone, I would appreciate it if you could post the results right here in this thread; who you beat in your first to 5 sets and keep track of the rounds won so I can tally it up.

Mariners Tournament - 01

This is what will separate men from the boys, this is when we demonstrate to VFDC what it means to be a Jeffry player, goddammit this is war!

After all the points are added up, it's time for the main attraction, the tournament will be two parts, on the 28th everyone will play up to the semi-finals, the 29th will be semi-finals and finals to see who is the winner of our very first of many tournaments! Both of these start at 1pm PST, if this doesn't work for some people PM me and I will eventually have a timeframe where everyone will be satisfied.

This is how it works:
    -Single elimination format.
    -10 person bracket.
    -Best out of 5, so basically whoever wins 3 first.
    -Random stage select.

While you are playing, you are more then welcome to save some replays for everyone to watch. When you complete your matches, PM me your results and I will update the brackets, and I'd just like to say good luck to all the participants lets make this a good one! [​IMG]

Future:

If things go well this is what's up:

There will probably be 2-4 main tournaments a year, it will either be split up from quarters or halves of a year so, it will be Q1-March / Q2-June / Q3-September / Q4- December or just Q2-September to Q4-December.

In between those times though, sometimes we can do something fun, for example we could do a random draw and do team battles 5v5 or hopefully as more and more people join bigger teams. Also, if things go well, some main tournaments I'd be willing to give out a prize for example a points card or live membership card.

I believe that is everything for now, like I said if you have time issues or some questions please PM me, and I'd like to thank GodEater for his invaluable help, I've never done something like this before. [​IMG]

7. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Am i the only non jeffrey user here.
    ) :
    im gonna be last place.
    kamais do i get a prize for last place

8. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ATM, not even first place people get a prize, well except that they can show-off and be cocky or something lol.

For last place, I might manage to give you a tissue to cry with! [​IMG]

9. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I know I said to post your results of seeding in this thread, but now the location you should post your results in is this thread.

10. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

I haven't played in almost a year with any regularity. You'll be fine. Sides it's all in fun right?

11. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    what are jeffrey's moves that dont throw clash? ne1 here know?

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

so now I have to somehow get the Pai out of my brain...eeek. Mackfactor, I honestly don't remember what clashes and what doesn't anymore. do you have a pai question? haha.

Kamais if you have no objections to starting early I'd be up for getting in a couple of sessions tonight if others are game. Anyone who has time tonight feel free to give me a shout via PM.

My Jeff will be rusty as hell but this should be fun and, if I don't waste the opportunity, educational. I honestly don't care how I place, as long as I'm learning something.
    GE

13. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    If you meant starting the seeding early then that's no problem, in fact I will be on today as well so if you want to do ours and whoever else you want that's fine.

14. GodEater

coo. name a time and I should be able to accommodate.

15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I'm available today anywhere between 1pm to 12am so you can choose when you want us to play because I'm basically on all day!

16. GodEater

haha, well then I'll likely have time around 3-6 pm my time. I think you're two hours behind me.

17. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Actually, I think we have a 3 hour difference but whatever, we will make it!

18. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    GE wanna get pai out of your head?
    Jeffry has a win button (6k)

19. GodEater

that's also his "here's some free damage on block and slow start up" button. I guess it depends which side of the 6k you're on.

20. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    o u mean sissy ass guaranteed pk? what are you, some kinda fucking panzy!? :p