1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Combos help

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Trykt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Since you have 6K+G listed there, might as well add that on Taka you can do CH 6K+G, 6PP, 66PP. A side note on 6K+G; This move can give a whopping +23 on CH if you can hit them with the last possible active frame, so you can potentially get 33P afterwards. The most practical application would be to crush a rising kick.

The list is still missing pretty much every combo I listed on a post above, unless you just found them not notable.

As for new stuff, I picked up most of the vs. Taka comboes there personally. For example I didn't know that you can land 3K+G after Threat 6P!P+G on him, which is great.

2. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    That's a really good point, I tested that (115 damage!) and added it in this morning.

I'll be honest, I put your stuff in a text file and then forgot to go back and test it. Sorry! I really like the [1][K][+][G] combos though, I've already tested and added a couple of those today as well. That move's become a lot more important for me recently, so improving my damage off that is pretty significant, so thanks for that.

Glad you found the list useful, I actually learned you could land [3][K][+][G] after Heavy Knee Strike from watching Jacko play on the NYC players stream. Props to him for that.

3. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    More significant updates already this week, I swear I turn this game on just to practice one thing and it turns into a huge testing session out of nowhere lol

I optimized a number of combos by changing [2][P] into [P] for 1 more point of damage, added a number of new combos (especially wall stuff) that I've found thanks to learning YOMI's [1][K][+][G] combos and applying them to starters with similar knockdowns (including a starter I completely neglected until now, Double Knuckle~Upper), plus tried to make it a point to label all combos where [6][6][P][P] is an optional ender.

Also finally added a Post Round Sober category - just a single basic Sober combo listed there, if anybody can provide something that sobers more than 4 points that would be much appreciated.

Also added a Wall Slump section, which changes how the Back Throw and Devils Reverse Claw sections read. Because of this, I'll need to update the McWiye section too, most likely, although it's possible "normal" Wall Slump combos won't apply 100% so it may need to keep its own category. Luckily the end result here is yet again even more increased damage.

4. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Okay, last minute updates before I start packing for Final Round this weekend! I finally figured out a wall combo for Sunlit Body Upper (and it looks really cool!)

McWiye appears to give a unique and consistent wall slump situation, I'm leaving it in as its own section on top of the existing wall slump section.

When I come back to updating this again I'm debating whether I should include combos ending in [2][P][+][K] for the implied ground throw "mix up", plus maybe adding [P][+][K][P][+][K][+][G] for CH heel drop since that gives a super solid threat stance mix-up.

5. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    I know you can [2][P]x2 after connecting with [3][P]+[K] to initiate a bounce off of the wall and then use [4][3][P]+[K] into a full wall combo. Was that the one you were referring to?

6. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    No actually, I was toying with that one though on heavier characters to see if I could get anything extra on them. The combo I found is [2][P] -> [2_][3][P][P][+][K][+][G] -> (Threat Stance) [P][P] -> whatever ender

Looks really good because they bounce off the wall 3 or so times and Jeffry slaps them mid juggle, very stylin :cool:

7. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    ¡Come on!

8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I don't have a console to test, but here are some combos that are missing (from memory and some from my Jeff 101 thread):

In closed (or open stance), versus Blaze, [1][P]+[K] (wall to back) [6_][P] [4][3][P]+[K] wall combo.

[4][6][P]+[K] [P] [4][6][P]+[K] <low bound> works on light weights (but not pai?) in closed(?)

[3][P]+[K] (waste one frame) [P]+[K]+[G][P][P] [4][P][K] works on wolf in one of the stances.

Lots of low bounding combos can be finished with [4][P][K] for 1 more damage than [2][K][P], but is stance/weight dependent.

Large launcher [P] [4][3][P]+[K] [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[K] [2][K] is decent damage, nice oki.

Threat [P]+[K] (stagger) [2][P]+[K] [6][6][P][P], maybe explore it more.

9. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    All those are known already but just not listed up as are most of the stuff from my Jeff combolist. Threat P+K guarantees PK on both hit and block, but anything faster can be struggled out of, so I wouldn't list anything else as a real combo.

10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Which is why I brought them up, so they can be listed... (and are in my 101 thread)

11. Trykt

Trykt Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Trykt
    Appreciate the post very much Sebo, I'll add your info (and YOMI's remaining stuff) when I can. I haven't updated in a while, was just happy to have "basic" stuff in for every category, at least. Definitely need to get more max damage stuff in there though. I gotta admit I'm not looking forward to listing all the [4][P][+][G] wall stuff though :|

12. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Here are some Threat 6P!P+G comboes on the featherweights:

Eileen, El Blaze, Aoi: Threat 6P!P+G, 1K+G, very delayed 41236P+K, 2P, 6K 101 dmg
    Eileen, El Blaze: Threat 6P!P+G, 43P+K, P, 46P+K, 2KP(use 6_P for Blaze, 1FK P for Eileen) 105 dmg

Aoi is odd in the way that 43P+K cannot be used on her after Threat 6P!P+G, she just spikes immediately and can tech without a juggle. The 6K ender is a bit unorthodox in FS, but in this situation against these characters it actually seems to be the best you can get and it also gives pretty good oki afterwards due to the characters bouncing off the ground once more before being able to tech. It can be subsistuted for 4P+K or 2K for a little bit less damage if somehow necessary. Remove 20 points of damage from the comboes for guarded hit throw damage.

On another Aoi note, you can finish most LB comboes with 4PK from both stances for better damage and carry by doing a slight dash before. Usually you could only do this on midweights minus the slight dash requirement I think?

13. FaethonsNemesis

FaethonsNemesis Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for these helpful info.Dont know how i ended up playing with Jeffry i guess he picked me but at the end i manage to level him up a tiny bit thanks to all of you.:)
    This beginner now has some tricks on his sleeve.:eek:

JacobEvo likes this.
  14. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Yo, recently discovered that you can get this on at least Jean from open stance:

[6][K], [2_][3][P]~[P]+[K]+[G], Threat [P][P], [4][P][K] for 91 damage on NH from 6K. The timing is pretty weird, the bound relies on that small ground bounce to happen, but it's probably a 1FK somewhere or something else that can make it consitent with a little bit of practice.

15. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

@Trykt Hey man I tested out the combo
    [1][K][+][G] > [6][6] , [P][+][K][+][G] , (TH)[P][P] , [6][6][P][P] or [2][K][P] or [4][3][P][P]

On wolf and Jeffry and made some findings that should probably be added to the combo section:

VS Jeffry:
    This combo works in closed stance, though the timing of [6][6] , [P][+][K][+][G] is a bit strict but still pretty consistent. Also all 3 enders work, however the second hit of [4][3][P][P] results in a green combo so its escapable. In open stance the combo doesn't work, I couldn't get (TH) [P][P] to bound Jeffry.

VS Wolf
    Same as Jeffry in closed stance including the [4][3][P][P] being escapable. This combo also works in open stance too though its very strict on the [6][6] , [P][+][K][+][G] so much so its probably not worth doing. Also, only the [6][6][P][P] ender results in a true combo, the second hit of both other enders results in a green combo

I tested all of this on both NH[1][K][+][G] and CH[1][K][+][G]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  16. I.M. Amazon

I.M. Amazon Member

PSN:
    TDR_Zunga
    [​IMG]Some wall combos allow a [9][P]+[G] ender for a smidgen more damage. Example:

[3][K], [4][3][P]+[K], [1][K]+[G], [2][1][4][P]+[K], [4][P][P]+[K]+[G][P][P], [6_][P], [9][P]+[G] does 3 more damage than ending with [2][K][P]. Wall combos starting from [4][P]+[G] can benefit from this too.

Works on Eileen, Aoi, Lion, Vanessa, Jacky, and Jean in either stance. Against everyone else barring Taka it only seems to work in one stance, if at all.

Has anyone researched the oki options after [9][P]+[G], considering its infrequent use?

EDIT: Works on Pai and Sarah in either stance, too, so it works on all the girls (yes, even Dural).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  17. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Things that are missing from the combo section:

[4][6][P]+[K] [P] [4][6][P]+[K] [6][6][P][P]/[4][3][P][P]/[2][K][P] (closed stance for light weights)

You can convert [1][P]+[K] near a wall into a full wall combo against El Blaze in closed stance.

Some other stuff I forgot, need to dig some more.

Also, probably doesn't belong here as it is more of an avoidable set up, if the opponent doesn't Crouch, [4][4][P]+[G] > [6_][K][P][P]/[K][P][K] (or KP > 66PP/4KP/43PP) leads to a really far backward ringout/wall carry. (Whiffs on Ei, Sh, Li, Ka, Go)

Probably same avoid-ability, but [4][4][P]+[G] > [4][P][K] (for 43 damage and +7) or [4][P][P]+[K]+[G] Threat set up. ( [4][P][K] whiffs on Ei, Sh, Li, Ka, [4][P][P]+[K]+[G] whiffs on Ei, Sh, Li, Ka, and Ao, Pa, inconsistent against Sa)

Against Jacky, Akira (really inconsistent) Taka you can do [2][P]+[K] for +8 and a sideturned opponent.

@Myke How does on get access to editing the combo section?

Mister likes this.
  18. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    By becoming the Content Manager for Jeffry. You interested?

Mister likes this.
  19. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants

Okay!

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623