1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry Counter Tactics against others.

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by FaethonsNemesis, Jun 3, 2013.

1. FaethonsNemesis

FaethonsNemesis Well-Known Member

So i played a room match with an insanely good Shun and he kept lying down rolling/evading/attacking interrupting all of my attacks/evades.Half of the time (while i was getting mulekicked) i was mesmerized :eek: with what this character can really do.
    Tried (also in Dojo) blocking,evading,run attack,all his low attacks even his down attacks which didnt work (why?,the old coot is chillin on the floor:p ),lol.
    How do you deal with something like that as Jeffry?
    How do you actually safely approach/hit the old fart in this state?
    Also feel free to add any other anti-tactics o_O from other characters (Like Akira n Jackie) .

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    1K+G hits grounded pretty well, so does 33P, for faster options there's 1K at least.

MAtteoJHDY and FaethonsNemesis like this.
  3. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    don't forget 2k, that's one of the best floor scraping moves he has, outside of the fact that it's slower than 1k.

Elite likes this.
  4. FaethonsNemesis

Yes these moves seem to be the only semi-safe option as high level players expect n react.
    Suprisingly good is also 1PP but a gamble from distance! Thanks to all who helped me test it online in tensed situations.Its gyus like you with (lot of) patience n kind,helping spirit that bring more people to fighters instead of showing them the door back to bad habits lol:cool:.

5. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Duh, you're right, totally forgot about 2K for some reason. It's pretty much the best option.

6. FaethonsNemesis

Many thanks to Im Rock Lee for showing me some ways to properly play Jeffry.
    6k also hits most characters with floor stances but is risky against the vile old man cause you've got to be really close to him.

JacobEvo likes this.
  7. JacobEvo

JacobEvo Active Member

XBL:
    Im Rock Lee
    No problem FaethonsNemesis always willing to help the people that actually wants it.

Stl_Tim likes this.
  8. FaethonsNemesis

What a defensive Jeffry player must look out for (delayed strings,50-50 guess combos etc)against tricky aggresive Lion,Shun Di,Pai players?

Stl_Tim likes this.
  9. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Against Shun you should watch out for delay on the second hit of the slide. I think it is [4][3][P][+][K], [P]. If you evade the first part but press a button to try and get him, you will get tagged. He can do this once he has 8 drinks, and since the delay window is really huge, it is a move to watch out for.

Once they get 6 drinks, watch out for his [P] strings, as he can now either do [P][P][P] which ends in a special mid and can be continued, or he can do [P][P] into the low kick high kick move. To avoid the duck/stand mixup entirely you can evade towards Shun's back for the third hit, then don't press a button. If he does the 2 kicks they will whiff and you can punish. If he does a longer string you can stand there and let it finish provided you didn't press anything (even [G]!) for a punish. Shun can give up a drink and fall down if he notices the kicks are whiffing. If he does this, [2][K] will scrape him on the ground. Just don't do the evade too many times against smarter players, as they will start grabbing you out of your evade attempt after the first two punches when they catch on.

Cozby, FaethonsNemesis and cruzlink2 like this.
  10. FaethonsNemesis

Now this is the stuff i've been looking for.For me half hour move analysis from a specific character top player equals 1 month dojo time.I only wish more experienced players comment my attempts/playstyle during a match instead of just beating me senseless.That would be a huge help and improvement for me.

11. FaethonsNemesis

Does anyone have a more efficient/damaging universal (works on all but Taka) wall combo than the following:[4][P][+][K] or [3][K] ,[4][1][2][3][6][P][+][K],[4][3][P][+][K],
    [4][P],[P][K][G],[P][P],[2][K][P].
    Also a good universal high damage w.combo after [4][P][+][G]?Seen some videos about that but they had strict buffering or worked only on lightw.

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    That combo you listed IS the most consistent one and does like 1 or 2 damage less than a much more less consistent variation, I don't know why you feel like you need to change it. As for 4p+g combo your answer is found in Jeffry's combo section, it works on all characters and is easy.

FaethonsNemesis likes this.
  13. FaethonsNemesis

Ahh, thanks man,i forgot how thorough the Jeffry combo section is,unlike others it has great wall combos.Your FT10 against Jacko taught me a lot too,hope you two clash again.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You're welcome, Jacko and I will do another FT10 at Sega Cup if we make it!

15. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Is that FT10 on youtube?

16. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

17. FaethonsNemesis

The above is an excellent show of how you should play against a highly experienced Jeffry player.Thanks for posting this here.

18. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It would have been better without lag! I ate a million threat stance k+g's CH's because I couldn't ecdc, and you could see that I had the 'statue' status hahaha

19. FaethonsNemesis

Kamais_Ookin likes this.