1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry's P+K+G setups?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by b4k4, Jun 21, 2003.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    I've taken up Jeffry more or less as my main, and I'm looking for some ways to set this up for him. The only time I ever use his [P]+[K]+[G] at the moment, is after a wall stagger... my opponent can't duck in time, so they have to block the [P] (or eat it /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif), giving me the [6][P]+[G] -> combo. I know Jeffry's been given a bunch of new ways to enter this stance (threat stance?), and I was wondering if anybody has some set-ups for this move that they'd like to share.

2. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

Well what Ive noticed is that you have throw the kick a few times to get them to respect it. If they duck or move you can get pretty damn good damage. If it connects and doesnt cause them to crumble, follow Immediately with your best throw, if it does cause crumble do your favorite low throw. Either of these connecting will force them to stand . So once your able to do [6][P][G] throw remember to follow up with double hammer down. If they like to tech-roll do [3][K][G] [3][3][G][P][K] I suggest you practice the timming with each first. 357 /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif They may just eat the punch after these set ups because its the least damaging alternative.

3. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

a good [P][K][G] set up i use is [P][K][G],[P]+[K] in evo. It causes stagger on block. So you can do a quick CD in [3][3][P]+[G] or any other throw, Splash mountain has that nice crouch dash motion built in though. If people start to stagger out fast enough a quick dash or no dash depending on distance [3][K] should be good enough to interrupt an attack they might do out of a stagger.

4. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

That's some good advice about making them fear the kick, but bear in mind that good players will be putting in low throw escapes like crazy when they get crumpled. So if your opponent knows what he's doing, it can be best just to go for the combo.

5. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

[P]+[K]+[G],[P]+[K] doesnt crumple which is the beauty of it. It pushes people far back on hit, which allows you to set up another one, or effectively use jeffrys long range advantage. Or it blocks on stagger which gives you that lovely stagger game, if they duck consistently [3][K], [4][P] is a good move, they start blocking high go for a throw!!

As a sidenote, if people are good at low throw escaping, [6][6][P][P] is always the good followup.

6. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

I know thaaaaaat, I was replying to the other dude. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Go pwn emp some more!

(seriously though, good advice)