1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry's Top 10 Move-list

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by EvenPit, Sep 16, 2015.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Hello I wanted to list some of Jeff's best moves, hopefully this will turn into a top 10 move-list when I get more time. Note this is all opinion based and reflects my own experiences fighting with and against the character. I will use the same format I used with Eileen's top ten moves thread, and I would like yalls opinion on some of his most useful moves. Note this post will be updated based on further experience and community input. Thank you!

1. [2][K]. A useful 17 frame mid that, if landed as a counter hit could lead to a guaranteed [2][3][6][P][+][G] Splash Mountain throw for half-life. However alone this move is a good match-ender tool against Shun-Di.

2. Next, Jeff's [P][+][K] A very fast 15 frame mid that grants you [+]8 on counter hit putting your opponent in a nitaku situation.

3. [3][P][+][K]. This is one of Jeff's main 16 frame tools for keeping your opponent honest stopping abare attempts much like other characters' 16-17 frame knees. This move also allows for decent combo damage especially on lightweight characters.

4.[2][P][+][K]. A 15 frame mid that puts your opponent in a forced crouched state on normal or counter-hit. This move is also only -3 on guard and [+]0 advantage from the side if your opponent is guarding.

5. [2_][3][P]. Another one of Jeffry's 16 frame mids. This one staggers on counter hit and can lead into Jeffry's "Threat Stance", or you can use the [P] high follow-up that'll grant you [+]9 on counter hit.

6. Jeff's [2_]or[1][K]. A great low attack that has evasive properties even under some mid attacks. On counter hit you are at [+]0 advantage, and it's also -15 on block so most of the cast cannot get a full launch punish.

7. [1][K][+][G]. This 20 frame mid is good for punishing whiffed rising attacks for good damage on your opponent. Spacing is important when using this move in order to punish whiffed attacks!

8. His [K][P]. A good 2-hit high attack that launches on normal or counter hit and could lead to good damage on your opponent! Be careful as this is a high attack and looses to sweeps or low crumple attacks.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Aside from basic P, 2P, 6P, throws

2K 17f, halflife on CH

4PK 16f halfcirc to backside

KP... 16f halfcirc to frontside. Can CH confirm with just K on light characters.

P+K 15f mid that grants +8 on CH. The follow-up can blow up people pressing buttons after evading.

3P+K Poor damage but 16f CH launch. Can fit a few places that 2K can't

6P+K Goes under highs. Safe launch.

3K+G Most powerful safe mid launcher, half circ. Good reverse nitaku and oki tool.

4KP Another 14f mid besides 6P. KND. Hit confirmable. 14f punisher.

6K Good after evading slow recovering moves or blocking sweeps or ducking under highs. Can also be used for reverse nitaku.

4P+K Jeffs version of most peoples sidekick. Backdash staggers. Beats sabakis.

Honorable mentions
    43PP risky, but the first hit has good avoiding properties. Threat of follow-up might make it safer on block.

46P+K another way to drill though sabakis. Gives combo.

1K+G good whiff punisher.

EvenPit likes this.
  3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Lol 1pp, how amusing.

leftylizard and EvenPit like this.
  4. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    All you need is Knee.

5. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    K+G is good. it will knock evading opponents into next week. i think its 0 on block too.

EvenPit likes this.
  6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

It's sometimes ok in oki if you expect them to to buffer evades but other than that it is so slow it loses to ECD in every situation.

EvenPit likes this.
  7. EvenPit

I'd probably almost never use K+G raw, but it's also good for crushing mid full circle wake-up attacks for very good damage!

8. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    4P is 17f.

1PP is trash.

Sidehit 2K+G into PPP can be ducked, but not evaded.

KP is not great, just duck or 2P the second punch.

6P+K goes under highs yes, but in everything else 1K+G has it beaten, including recovery.

3P+K is like the worst CH launch in the game IMO, especially since Jeff has 2K at only a frame slower.

Not included: 46P, warrants a mention if 3K+G is included, s.high head crumble that tracks the other direction that 3K+G doesn't and does comparable damage.

EvenPit likes this.
  9. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    K+G is good when they're waking up, sideturned, or other situations they cannot ECD in. You can mix it with low throws or launches to beat ducking.
    The KP string is really good at whiff punish.
    I do find 6P+K to be really useful in abare, but I think that's just the opponent choosing high attacks over mids. I don't really agree with a lot of these, but 66P is solid.

EvenPit likes this.
  10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

66P staggers crouchers into a guaranteed KND but it actually is not a better option than 2K or 3P+K as if you are hitting them crouching you are most likely hitting them on CH. Don't lure yourself to this move. Both 66P and 66PP are not fuzzy safe and worse yet they are both fuzzy safe even on CH. You have better moves to set your opponent up for unfavorable situations.
    I will give it the points for scoring a KND on a crouch blocking opponent but that's pretty much the scale of it's usefulness. 3K has basically the same frames and it always knocks down if that's your thrill.

EvenPit likes this.
  11. EvenPit

Removed 1pp and replaced it with kp, completely different moves due to the situation, but having essentially a "safe" attack that can launch is better than just going for a risky knockdown with no follow-up combo potential.

Keep in mind that none of Jeff's moves are "great" imo he truly has no crutch or gimmick like some other characters that'll remain nameless, and with everyone's moves in general I can always say this move is great but.. or that move is great but.. Comparatively speaking vs some of his lesser moves. Thank you for feedback agian this list will change based on yalls opinion not just what like. Ok bye for now!

12. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    2K is a great move, potentially the best anti-abare move in the game, half life gone on CH across the whole cast in addition to being +3 on normal hit and the opponent also has to respect the double limb mid follow up on block for a basic mixup. 3K+G is also a very powerful safe half circular launcher that's easy to meaty and does big damage on everyone. KP is good in a sense that's it's a ciruclar 16f move that launches almost the whole cast for a combo into oki, but it being a double high limits it's potential. 1K is one the better lows in the game for it's type for it's huge range and poking ability.

13. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    Wait, the knee isn't there? I just realized the knee isn't on there. Still thinking P+K belongs on a top 5, but I dunno maybe it's too close to the elbow.

14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I definitely think P+K is top 10. Jeff's elbow is 14f like everyone else but for some mysterious reason it's fuzzy guardable on CH and crouch hit. P+K at 15f on the other hand is +8 on CH so you can force those 50/50's while still remaining fuzzy safe on block and the follow-up can prove useful depending on opponents actions.

As for knee I personally would put it in top 10 but top5? Probably not. Personal preference and playstyle question I guess but I wouldn't put similar moves on anyones top5 moves and even if Jeffry has low competition on top moves I think top 5 should be populated with safer choices. I think I should also say the moves on my list aren't in particular order even though I didn't put 6K in top 5. Jeff 6K is one of the best moves in it's category though. 17f means it's as fast as they come and his damage from 6K is very good.

15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    2p+k > elbow

16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2P+K on NH is better than P+K but on CH 2P+K gives 33/33/33 while P+K gives 50/50.
    EDIT: 2P+K CH force crouch gives santaku, P+K CH gives nitaku.

17. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    It's also 14f, overall I prefer it over his elbow.

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2P+K is 15f

19. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Could have sworn it was 14.. my bad!

20. EvenPit

Thank you for your input! P+K has been added as well as 2P+K. 2K+G has been moved to #8, and Jeff's 6K will be added later should it be in top 5 or sit at #9? If moved to top 5 what move should it replace and why?

Also what do yalls think about Jeff's [4][3][P], [4][3][P][+][K], [6][6][K][+][G], and his [2_][3][P] moves?

Ok that's all for right now! sorry I can't update as fast as I want because I'm using my phone and editing is very a atrocious task on mobile! I've been trying to swap #4 with #1 but its just too frustrating to do it on a phone.