1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeffry's Top 10 Move-list

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by EvenPit, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    2_3P is definitely a top 5 move if you can get the input for it consistently. It's the best opener for threat stance because it staggers on hit, which is simultaneously what makes it a great move for him. The canned P follow-up side turns from that stagger for them shenanigans.

EvenPit and Cozby like this.
  2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    6K is hardly a top move IMO because it has absolutely awful range, I've had that move whiff right in the face of some characters. As a punisher it's one of the better "big launch" moves even though -17 situations are rare.

Like 6K, along with what has been already said contributing to Jeff's 6P's shittyness is also a range issue, I haven't tested every chararacter's elbow, but it seems it has less range than average even though he is a big man. On the plus side like 2KP+K, it has a basic mixup built into it with 6PP which the opponent has to respect on guard.

P+K and 2P+K are both good moves, both fast mids although a little lacking in range (Brad 3P is similar but seems to have has slightly better range) P+K is good for CH advantage and threat stance possibility along with P+KP!P+G to keep evade -> attack mashers honest, 2P+K is similar except I'd just wish Jeff would still have 2P+KK for CH hitchecking.

43P+K is mostly for gimmicks on itself, +1 on guard but that's negligible unless you wish to bait anti 2P moves from your opposition into possible float combos, 66K+G is ok for meatying since it's a nice +3 on block and gives KND on NH with the possibility to combo if your opponent doesn't tech the KND, you can also create a similar situation as with 2K+G on sidehit with this move by making the opponent block 66K+G sidehit and afterwards PPP is un-evadable and can be only ducked, but it's not UB.

2_3P is nice, but top 5? Dunno, it's hard to do from standing without putting yourself on risk and since you cannot confirm into Threat on hit in additiong to 2_3PP being high makes it a little bit so-and-so, Jeff's sidehit game is also not really anything to write home about if 2_3PP would happen to hit.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    EvenPit likes this.
  3. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

2_3P is 16f. Done from standing it's effectively 17f and the stagger only happens on CH. Basically if you get that it means you could've got CH 2K for half life.

The stagger also causes the threat slap to miss depending on opponents character and stance which hardly makes it the best threat entry.

EvenPit likes this.
  4. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    2_3P is okay as a poke against certain people, and it sets up anti-techroll stuff at the end of combos, but it's too situational to be a top move. Sideturn stuff between 2P+K and K+G is good, but still not really worth what you could have gotten unless your opponent is a certain way.

EvenPit likes this.
  5. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

Slightly OT, but "Jeff has no Gimmicks" is one of those VF-Myths, and simply not true.

Online Jeffreys abuse the Threadstance without shame, defending vs (laggy) Thread Stance is not that easy, its a 3way choice between ducking the Hit-Throw/evading the Mid-Punchstagger/Midpunch and blocking the AntiEvadeFullCircularHigh, not that easy for beginners.

[6][K] is garbage, the range sucks, and the knee is absolutely awful vs crouchers, doesnt float high on crouching opponents

Top 5:

[P][+][K]
    [2][P][+][K]
    [1][K][+][G]
    [2][K]
    [P][6][P] I like this move. Jeff is one of the few with a High/Mid Punchcombo

Make [3] [P] hitcheckable, and bam, TopTier Jeffrey

EvenPit likes this.
  6. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    3PP for Jeff is almost totally redundant, he has other better moves that launch crouchers and -16 situations are rare. He also can't do this move from crouch thanks to 2_3PP in the unlikely situation you'd block a -16 low.

What Jeff really needs to be toptier is all his R shit back.

Kamais_Ookin and EvenPit like this.
  7. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

OK almost at 10! again thank you for your feedback the list has been adjusted. Should I put Jeff's [6][K] at #10 or should something else be there? I'm having trouble deciding where [6][K] should go.

8. I.M. Amazon

I.M. Amazon Member

PSN:
    TDR_Zunga
    Is 4K worth mention? 14f knee, -8 on block (with a followup to dissuade aggression), hit-confirmable into modest damage, decent wallsplat possibilities?

9. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    4KP is for punishing only, not very hitconfirmable on NH and the punch is high so not worth the risk unless your opponent consistently fails to duck it.

EvenPit likes this.
  10. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It's confirmable on ch isn't it? It was a fine move in Vanilla. I'm not entirely sure why we don't see it a lot more in fs. It's a 14f knee and Jeffs elbow is actually quite vulnerable to antics.

11. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I still don't understand why 66PP is on that list. Knockdown on crouching, yes. Other than that it's just not too good speed for not too good damage. Both hits not fuzzy safe on block, both hits -1 on hit.

I really don't see a reason not to just use 3K over it since it always knocks down.

EvenPit likes this.
  12. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    4KP is an easy confirm on CH and an easy confirm on crouching. It's not too easy on NH but can be done. 4K is very dangerous by the wall, and generally good at small advantage. It's a better option than 3P+K in some matches against non-superlights because the followup discourages a punish on successful evade (most lows would be too slow if you do not do the followup, mids and highs will get hit by the P), whereas the 3P+K is always punishable.
    Likewise 66PP is better against evades than 3K, whick will always be punishable as well. A lot of Jeff's stuff is highly punishable on evade, so it is good to throw things like this out against goofballs who react with evade in neutral situations, or when you can't make a read against evade-heavy playstyles.
    Anti-evade stuff is pretty cool, but it is more situational than solid, so I don't know if moves like that have a place on this list. They are definitely valuable when you know your opponent though.

EvenPit likes this.
  13. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

4K NH should be exactly the same whether they are crouching or not so if you can do the other you should be able to do both.

14. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    In vanilla 4K into ducking low was popular, 3k into ducking low worked too. I miss that :(

Jacko likes this.
  15. Harpooneer

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    the hit animation from crouch is easier to recognize, as it forces the opponent to stand. I never miss it, but I find it harder to confirm off of standing hits.

16. EvenPit

How about Jeff's [4][6][P]? Should I put that at #10? And[6][6][P]/[6][6][P][P] removed?

off topic: Jeff should be able to enter threat stance from 4K thatd be godlike!

17. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    46P is nice, but dunno about top 10 material. It seems like most of his good moves are a bit of a stretch anyway, but I guess that's Jeff for you.

I think 3P+K still doesn't belong anywhere near that list since you really won't get very good damage against pretty much anybody but Wolf from that move, some of the combos listed at the Combo section are range dependent and such.

3K is one move not yet talked about, 16f mid kick that's KND into good oki on NH and safe on block in FS. 3K+G IMO is also top 10 material still, hella damage for a circular safe mid.

EvenPit likes this.
  18. EvenPit

Is Jeff's 3K+G like Wolf's 3K+G? Like the same properties? Because that seem like a good move for Wolf. So should this replace 3P+K? or something else?

19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Jeff's and Wolf's 3K+G are indeed exactly the same all around.

Kruza

EvenPit likes this.
  20. EvenPit

OKAY! I will edit when I get home