1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff's b+P+G throw properties?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by martialfanatic, Apr 3, 2003.

1. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

This throw isn't as worthless as it seems when you're near the edge of a stage, but it's hard to determine which way he's going to throw your opponent.

I actually tested this (in version C) facing the opponent with the wall to my right (their left) in open and closed stance. For both open and closed stances, in some cases he threw them towards the wall, in other cases he actually threw them away from the wall. I tried with the wall on my left (their right) with the same circumstances only to have the same results.

There must be some way to control which direction you throw your opponent, otherwise this throw is degraded even more to a "chance-for-damage" throw, which renders it pretty much useless. Does anybody know how to control whether Jeff throws them left or right? Or is my game tripping and the whole matter does depend on open/closed stances?

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

it always used to be that he threw his opponent in the direction of his lead leg. I don't suppose it is any different now but...

GE

3. martialfanatic

I've figured it out, at least for version C.

Jeff throws his opponent towards the direction of their back leg. So if their left leg is back, Jeff will throw to his right. If their right leg is back, Jeff will throw to his left.

I must have been goofing off or something to not notice that. Either that, or them hitting the wall must make them switch stances and I didn't pay attention to that. Oh well, at least now I know /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I think it's still dependent on jeffry's leg position, not the opponent's.

All throws work so that the opponent's stance is automatically corrected to suit yours when you throw - i.e. if you see lei fei's chest at the start of df+P+G, you will continue to see his chest as he bashes his forearm across the opponent's face. If you see his back, you will continue to see his back during the forearm bash. The game designers didn't want to make different throw animations for open and closed stance, so what happens when lei fei is throwing his opponent is that lei's stance stays the same... and the throw victim's legs will either A: stay the same if they're in closed stance or B: teleport to closed stance position if they're in open stance. Then as the animation progresses their legs open up and lei fei bashes their face and it looks pretty natural. It'd look weird if Lei fei were sort of facing the screen and then teleported to face away for the throw animation.

With jeffry, I think he's always throwing more in the direction his chest is facing... if you see his chest, that means into the screen/towards you. If you're seeing his back, that means out of the screen/away from you.

5. martialfanatic

I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, but when I test it out it really is the opposite. When I test it out, Jeff always throws towards the opponent's chest (or whichever leg is back), regardless of Jeff's feet position.

Maybe it changed for Evo...I don't know. Please test it out. Because all I know is that this is how it works for my copy of VF4 verison C.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just tested to be sure, and afro's right on this one.

The direction of the throw is dependent solely on the opponent's stance. Jeffry will always throw them in the direction of their stomach (90 degrees in fact).

7. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Just tested again.

Lei's [3][P]+[G] behaves exactly like Jeffry's [4][P]+[G] in that the direction the opponent falls is solely dependent on the opponent's stance. In this case, the opponent falls at an angle in the direction of their stomach regardless of Lei's stance.

Example: start of the round, 1P lei changes stance. Both characters are in open stance, with both stomachs showing toward the screen. Lei throws with [3][P]+[G] and Lei's stomach is no longer showing. You see his back as he executes the throw. When opponent is standing again, both characters are in closed stance (i.e. there has been a stance change). So, looks like the throwing character changes stance accordingly for the throw animation.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oops. I shoulda tested it. A lot of throws are based on your foot position and a lot on the opponent's apparently. My bad.

9. martialfanatic

No problem. That's what forums are for anyway; to learn more about the game /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

While you guys are at it, could you inform me on whether or not some moves are in Evo?

Is his [3]+[P],[P],[P] uppercutt combo still there? Also, I haven't seen his [8]+[K]+[G] used in any videos. I'm asking this because I noticed (the one time I played Evo /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) that Jeff's original [P],[P],[P] and his [P],[P],[4]+[P] kenka hook combo are gone, yet they show up on his movelist here at vfdc.

At least his kenka hook is still there. I love that move /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    afroconnexion said:

Is his [3]+[P],[P],[P] uppercutt combo still there? Also, I haven't seen his [8]+[K]+[G] used in any videos. I'm asking this because I noticed (the one time I played Evo /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) that Jeff's original [P],[P],[P] and his [P],[P],[4]+[P] kenka hook combo are gone, yet they show up on his movelist here at vfdc.

At least his kenka hook is still there. I love that move /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[3][P][P][P] was removed from evo. It's now just [3][P][P].
    [8][K]+[G] is still there.

I swear I'll get around to updating the VFDC command lists one day /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I swear I'll get around to updating the VFDC command lists one day

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, please. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

seeing as the PS2 version is out, it the damage pts atleast on all EVO moves are accessable now, right?do you already have the rest of the info?

12. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yeah, I have all the information I need. What I don't have though, is a lot of spare time. I work full time, school two nights per week, coach soccer another two nights per week, go out friday and saturday, and play soccer on sunday.

So anyone with the Evo Perfect Guide who's willing to help me with the command lists, let me know!

13. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

This is nitpickings but his [8][K][G] properties have changed. In ver. C you could do that move at any time and now it's specifically a down attack, (you can only do it while your opponent is down.)

14. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    mindelixir said:

This is nitpickings but his [8][K][G] properties have changed. In ver. C you could do that move at any time and now it's specifically a down attack, (you can only do it while your opponent is down.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this was one of the changes made for Evo. Also applies to Aoi and Pai's alternative [8][K]+[G] down attacks as well.