1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage BNB's help

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Izuna_Shoryuken, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Izuna_Shoryuken

Izuna_Shoryuken Well-Known Member

I have vf4evo, not five, so I want to know some combos that are essential but don't use any of the new vf5 moves. I have a thread in the old 4 section for this 2, sorry. This is just more likely to be seen.

Also does anyone really use that zenten-kouten-another move mess? Honestly I could use one or the other once to dodge then srk or something but rolling around like sonic looks a little ridiculous.

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'm doing this from memory so apologies if I'm wrong.

If you go to free training, command list > there should be a button which allows you to bring up the combo search.

It will pretty much give you all the BNB combos.

3. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    http://virtuafighter.com/vf4/kage/

I've been playing evo a bit... I only use this TFT combo.

[4][P]+[G] > [3][3][6][K] > [P] > [2][P]+[K] > [7][K]+[G]

I think the moves after zenten kouten provide a good mix-up but are too unsafe.

4. Izuna_Shoryuken

Izuna_Shoryuken Well-Known Member

You guys are awesome for help and politeness. I posted about 4 in the five section, no charges pressed! Man, I really wish srk was like this.. Something's really wrong with the attitude of that place. So much info right here. Of course it also helps that vf basically has a wiki and a glossary in it's training mode! Something else sf needs, lol. It's kind of inaccessible to new people without some sort of aid or teacher, unless they just play st and use a basic Ryu/Guile or something.

Same from me on zenten/kouten, too much work, it's good for a dodge I guess and ducks throws. Rolling around like sonic for the attack though is something I don't see happening in a real match.
    Also, I found the vf4 section before hand. Used google.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    If zenten/kouten is the roll, then you can use the backward roll to get out of range of rising attacks after certain throws ([P]+[G] and [3][P]+[G] [3][K] and [4][6][P]+[G] at least I think). Otherwise it doesnt have much proper use.

6. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I've also seen it used after Kage's throws are escaped - he's often left side turned and the roll can get him out of trouble.