1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Combos

Discussion in 'Kage' started by WillieDick1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I'll look to add combos to the list for "close to wall" situations. TFT is the only launcher I did this for so far.

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    K so I'm just going down his launcher list and adding something for close-to-wall for all the ones where it applies. As you can imagine it takes quite a while to test this stuff vs all characters but it should be apparent the kinda thing that's gonna end up on there if you look at the ones I've done so far (TFT, [2_][3][P], [6][6][P][+][K] etc).

I'm trying to get at least one combo per character per launcher up first before I test anything super mega max damage specific awesomeness, so if you guys know anything better that I'm probably gonna miss feel free to lemme know. There's a separate category for a standard wall slump/wall splat at the bottom of the list so that should cover some situations (X combo -> dragon kicks -> zzzz). For example, we don't need to add any [6][6][P][+][K] combos where it causes a wall splat unless they deviate from, and are better than, the regular one. Let's just fill in the gaps.

Also any upgrades or mistakes in general feel free to point out. The list is 98% my own work so far so I'm sure it isn't perfect.

:ninja:

3. pana

pana Well-Known Member

[4][6][K] (CH) -> [2][P] -> [K][+][G] -> [2_][3][P] -> [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] Dmg: 94
    on Aoi and Vanessa.
    K+G gives the HB on Eileen but I'm not sure what's the Max Damage on her.

ExzetyXat1 and Elite like this.
  4. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    good shit, might be able to squeeze more dmg out of some other moves using this idea.

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    K I'm pretty much done with the combo list. Gonna add sobering combos/sobering amounts in existing combos.

If I missed anything you think should be included somewhere let me know.

6. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Sobering amounts added. Going back through the launchers to figure out any max sober weirdness (including against the wall). Kage is a pretty good place with his regular combos since 66P+K and dragon kicks both sober.

Also, found a 4pt TFT combo.

TFT -> [P][+][K] -> [1][P][+][K] -> [6][6][P][+][K] -> Dragon kicks.

Gotta land the P+K early otherwirse 66P+K wont bound.

G0d3L likes this.
  7. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    Great work on the combo list elite, you do Kage proud.

8. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

2_3P CH > P > P+K > 2P (small bounce) > KPK 84dmg closed stance
    2_3P CH > P > P+K > 2P (small bounce) > 4PK 80dmg open stance

Easiest to time and test on Jean. Works on others but timing is difficult.

Elite likes this.
  9. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

When the opponent back is on the wall:
    44 [K][+][G] (stagger) > [K] > 9 [K][+][G] > [P] > [K][+][G] > [2_]6[K] > [K][+][G][K]![K] > 3[K][+][G] 124dmg. If you replace the [2_]6[K] with 623[P][+][K] you will get 123dmg.

Substitute [2_]6[K] with 623[P][+][K] when you use it aganist El Blaze because
    [2_]6[K] is not always guareented to hit El Blaze. Pretty much works on every character expect Taka and Eileen

Elite likes this.
  10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    that's the standard wall splat combo I've got listed up already, just with a different starter. Thanks though.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    These are some combos I showed Dennis and cobratron during the SEGA Cup, using the somersault kick for a wall splat:

[6][6][P][+][K] (wall hit) ~ [K][+][G] ~ [2_][3][P] ~ [9][K][+][G] ~ [7][K][+][G] ~ [4][6][K][+][G]![K]![K] ~[3][K][+][G] (117 pts)

(back to wall) [6][P][+][G] ~ [3][K][K] ~ [K][+][G] ~ [2_][3][P] ~ [9][K][+][G] ~ [7][K][+][G] ~ [3][K][+][G] (129 pts)

G0d3L, Dennis0201 and cobratron like this.
  12. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Thanks Myke. Me and Dennis were trying to do this Friday but couldnt remember certain parts.

You forgot to add the dash before dragon kick on first combo you showed us. Man that second combo is disgusting. The damage and scale reduction is nuts.

Dennis0201 likes this.
  13. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Myke, G0d3L and cobratron like this.
  14. pana

pana Well-Known Member

(Shippujin) [3][P] -> Evade Dash Cancel (towards oppoenent's back) -> [P] -> [K][+][G] -> [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] Dmg: 74
    on EI, EL, AO, SA, LI, VA.
    You don't necessarily have to use Evade Dash Cancel, I just find the timing easier with it.

Myke and cobratron like this.
  15. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

typos aside (46K+GK!K) it's an old combo (was posted in the first pages of this thread by Dennis) that needs the P to hit on its second active frame.

Plus you can do better:

I know I'm late (in the last months was a lot in the lab and wrote only in the italian kage forum) but also this was old

My bad, I listed it only in the Eileen list and forgot to add that works on others.
    I'm telling this not to pretend the credits (I really don't care) but to show that maybe something good is lost/forgotten in this thread.

Also what brought me back to this very topic were the videos posted by Myke: they remembered me that I need to post here some stuff (like those mid wall combos, meatys unevadeable, oki, wake up kick crushers, side wall hit combos, a couple of kage's "bugs", sheningans etc)
    It's in italian (the most tedious part will be the translation) but if you like in the meanwhile you can check it out here (only the first post).
    Keep in mind that is not updated with all my findings(a lot of stuff has not been posted yet), not revised (there will be more than a few errors), a few section are sketched while others are aimed to beginners.

Myke likes this.
  16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Combos that require the 12th frame of the punch to connect are way too impractical, IMHO, but still nice to know. If anyone has a reliable way to perform them, then let us know!

Anyway, I'm glad I inspired others to post, but I have to thank Dennis and cobratron for reminding me to share some of this stuff that I've known for a while. I've been way too busy since the beginning of the year, and getting in touch with everyone again at the recent SEGA Cup has inspired me to get more involved again.

In any case, I look forward to sharing and learning more ninja tricks!

17. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

With proper distance, 3kk(+16) punishment can lead over 130 dmg by wall now.
    Thanks for sharing again.

Elite likes this.
  18. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Sometimes 9K+G won't bound (maybe depending on angle) so here is an easier version for 7 less dmg.

[6][P][+][G] > [3][K][K] > [K][+][G] > [2]_[3][P] > [6][6][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] > [3][K][+][G] = 122

Dennis0201 likes this.
  19. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Feeling lazy so I'm not checking the entire thread, but here's a few comboes that are not in the combos section for Kage:

66P+K, P, 1PPKK, 64 damage. Oki leaves a lot to be desired, but it's 1 point(!) better than the usual one. Works atleast on midweights and Jean from both stances.

CH KP juggles (not listed at all?): From open stance CH KP, very brief dash 2P, 46K+GK!K, 73 damage. Works at least up to midweights, can probably work from both stances against some of the LW. Also from open CH KP~Shippuujin PPP, 63 damage, again works atleast up to midweights. From both stances CH KP, very brief dash 2P, 2P+KK, 65 damage. Ditto.

There can be some stance specific stuff in these against certain characters, but I'll let you guys sort that out.

20. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    i have always opted to use the CH K, P~SH PPP, only the first 2 SH PP will hit on heavies.

I use this one because of the oki. Often following up with 2 P+K~SH>2k...etc.

There is also an awesome tech trap to do after CH KP~SH PPP, one is similar to the 2p+k followup, the other is the engetsugeri tech punish ( 9K+G )