1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Combos

Discussion in 'Kage' started by WillieDick1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    One more juggle for you (forgot this one...)

236K+G, BT PK~G, 66P+K, 46K+GK!K_KPK, 71_69 damage. Works up to MW, not stance depentant I think?

BTW probably obvious, but you can get CH 1P+K, DPoD out on the open for 81 damage, just not listed in the combos section again.

2. Lézardo

Lézardo Active Member

PSN:
    LezardoLeopardo
    hello,not found in the combo list.
    vs Taka:
    (bt) 7[+][K] ,[P][+][K],46[+][K][+][G][K][K]! 75dmg

vs Jeffry:
    SH 3[+][P],2[P][+][K],2[P],[K][P][K] 68dmg

3. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Tried some combos with Kage in dojo. Found a combo not listed on combo page. After crumple from [6][6][P][+][K], you can do [6_][P]1FK[K][P][K]. It works on Lau and Jean in closed stance but I think it will work on other middleweights so I'll try it. 1FK can be tricky with Kage because [4][4][K][P][K] can land as [4][4][+][K] and [6][6][K][P][K] can land as [6][6][+][K] etc. so my preferred option for 1FK is [3][3] though if you're more comfortable, you can use [1][1] for 1FK. [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] offers -1 on damage from medium bound, with this combo you get +1 more damage.

An example of a combo:

Shippujin -> [6][P][2][P][6][6][P][+][K][6_][P]1FK[K][P][K]

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    A technicality, but I would argue that [1][1][5][K] or [3][3][5][K] is not a precise one frame delay for a standing [K]. It is a delay, yes, but not exactly one frame.

The only way to achieve an exact one frame delay is when the command can be combined with a standing or crouching dash input without any ambiguity. In Kage's case, since both [1][K] and [3][K] are unique commands (along with [4][4][K] and [6][6][K] as you point out), they cannot be combined with any crouch dash input directly. You have to insert a neutral between the direction and the button, and as soon as you've done that, you've added one (or more) frames on top of the preceding crouch dash.

Alimn likes this.
  5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IU-W-QNel8

Some interesting combo ideas in this video with ST [1][P][+][K] CH guaranteeing [4][P][+][K][P] and the side push causing a side wall stun. Quite a large combo follows thanks to the surrounding walls.

Also shown is a mid-range TFT combo using the upper for an air wall bound, followed by [K][+][G] into somersault.

But what I really liked seeing was the [2_][3][P] CH combos shown against Lion:

(closed stance) [2_][3][P] CH > [4][P] > [2][P][+][K] > [2][P] > [7][K][+][G] (84 pts)
    (open stance) [2_][3][P] CH > [2][P][+][K] > [4][P] > [2][P] > [K][P][K] (86 pts)

For life of me, I can't get the open stance combo to work. Lion seems to drop like a dead weight after the [K]. Can anyone get it working?

G0d3L and Lézardo like this.
  6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

As seen in the video first hit of KPK causes a ground bounce. You need a 1FK on K (I did it with 335K, which BTW is a legit 1FK AFAIK as long as it's all within buffer) so it bounces Lion back up.
    Most of those Akira 1FK combos are "abusing" this mechanic, for example. You can make a lot of stuff that doesn't work normally work when you make them ground bounce.

EDIT: also just a note that in those 1P+K combos he's hitting CH 1P+K from front and then causing sidewall stun with 4P+K,P (they are not sideturned before this, their side hits the wall).

EDIT2: I tried if I could get more damage on Goh from the ones on combolists and using the same mechanic I landed CH 2_3P, P, 66P+K, delay 6_P, 46K+G,K!K for 82 both stances. 46K+G causes a ground bounce here. Still has a possibility to cause a wallslump and it I think it carries a bit further. More scaling means worse wallcombo though (2_3P, P, 66P+K, 46K+G,K!K W, 46K+G,K!K, 7K+G does 97 while 2_3P, P, 66P+K, P, 46K+G,K!K W, 46K+G,K!K, 7K+G does 93).

Myke likes this.
  7. Junsuina Chikara

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Yeah, sorry I forgot to add about the neutral part :). If there was no neutral, I'd just get a sidekick ([3][K]) so definitely have to let the stick return to neutral after the CD. As Akira is my main, I would say even if there was no move that could come out of [1][1] or [3][3] for Akira, I still prefer to let the stick return to neutral before I enter any button presses. An example is that on Brad/Goh/Lei and lightweights, is [4][6][P][4][P][6_][P][3][3][5][2][K][+][G][P]![P]

8. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Myke, the 1P+K CH combo in the video is nice, but it's too impractical. The standard combo in that situation is 1P+K CH > 4P+KP (wall turn) > 1P+K > 4PK (wall slump) > OM away from wall > Dragon Kicks > Finisher. (165ish damage iirc)

Myke likes this.
  9. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I didn't think to try [3][3][5][K] since I had thought it was greater than a one frame delay, and didn't want to rely on an imprecise method for doing the combo.

Drift, agree on the eye poke stuff being impractical. I imagine the point of the video was just to explore combo potential (when all the planets align), and not necessarily prescribe viable alternatives.

Junsuina Chikara likes this.
  10. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'm fairly sure that the window for groundbounces (at least in some situations) is 2 frames so that might be true too. I did test this some time back in Vanilla and I'm pretty sure that 335 and 115 are actual one frame kills but now I'm doupting myself.
    EDIT: However in this Kage combo 335 is a solid way to achieving the result.

Myke likes this.
  11. Junsuina Chikara

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Referring back to the combo I listed,

Shippujin -> [6][P][2][P][6][6][P][+][K][6_][P]1FK[K][P][K]

Works on all middleweights (Lau, Jean, Jacky, Lei, Brad and Goh) in both closed and open stance. I'm still struggling to get it 100% consistent :( so offline/online, I might just revert to [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K] for a medium bound ender but will practice it more in the dojo until I can get it 100% consistency.

Myke likes this.
  12. Junsuina Chikara

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Noticed I had the KPK the wrong way round :D had it as PKP, Sorry :D. I'm still learning Kage.

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Some double-bounce 9K+G action:

G0d3L, Lézardo, ExzetyXat1 and 2 others like this.
  14. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    How is that even possible? Some sort of magical reset?

15. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Saw that combo vid a few days ago and been meaning to try it out, but still haven't been able to. Anyone test it out and know if it's specific just to Sarah or can it be done on other light / light-mid weight characters?

16. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I'm guessing because the second 9K+G hits in the air (before Sarah's knees hit the ground) it's not counted as a repeat of the first.

The "trick" to making this land is that you want max distance from the very start, also adding a slight back dash after the wall splat before the first 9K+G. I think this gives you maximum air time for the 2_3P float, which enables the second 9K+G to hit while Sarah is still airborne.

17. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I just tested this, it really works. Kind of funky since I though the game had a strict "only one of the same bound move per combo" rule. It works on Sarah, Vanessa, Lion, Eileen and Aoi, I doubt it works on midweights since it didn't work on Shun and Blaze is just odd as usual. The trick seems to be to hit them with CH P+K at a distance so that they just barely hit the wall, when using Sarah's stage and the "CPU's back toward the wall" setting, placing the dummy's back leg just on or a little over the line that separrates the main tortoiseshell-like pattern from the white marble-like pattern near the fence seems to be the right distance. Wouldn't try it in a match due to the specific distance and such, but still very peculiar it even exists, I wonder does other characters have stuff like this?

18. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Mister tweeted this (this is not the very first video about this strangeness) one week before the european Sega Cup.
    I immediatly tried it in dojo (against Lau as in the first video) and found that the key to land the second 9K+G is doing a backdash and cancel it as late as possible but still being able to connect it.
    Didn't know why though but a few days later a tweet from a sega rapresentative clarified the mistery: with the 9K+G input you can get two different moves depending on the distance.
    That's the reason for the need of a backdash and it confirms that's not a bug in the FS juggle system.
    Now I'm on vacation but when I tested it before eu sega cup I was able to land a double 9K+G bound on Wolf (didn't test the whole cast)

cobratron likes this.
  19. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If not a bug it still feels atleast like an oversight or something since it kind of is cheating the system of the game, I doubt other characters can do stuff like that.

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

There are indeed two versions of 9K+G. one that jumps forward, and one that jumps roughly in place. I didn't know that the game counts them as different moves for the purposes of bounding though, nor was I really sure that such a rule that "you can't bound with same move twice" exists, since its not mentioned in the game. I figured it could just as easily be explained with damagescaling and lack of float height.. I always just mark down the combos that work, and not worry about stuff that should or shouldn't work..

I tried to recreate this combo but I couldn't do it in short time, pretty difficult. It would help if the move wasn't slow as molasses.