1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage Combos

Discussion in 'Kage' started by WillieDick1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

@Yomi
    How could it be an oversight when it was done on pourpose o_O

2. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

looool

3. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
    Hmm Wolf can hardbound Eileen three times with the same move

G0d3L likes this.
  4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

It was possible in some early version of FS, and that video was uploaded in 2010, so maybe it is from that version? I don't know more.

5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

That Video is clearly before FS ver. B where multiple bounces with the same move was possibile.

Cozby likes this.
  6. 2ndFace

2ndFace Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_2ndFace_x
    XBL:
    X2ndFaceX
    oops :oops: Didn't know that they changed the bounce mechanics. Didn't read much about the Arcade revisions of FS.

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Are you sure this is the discriminator between the two versions? The distance, or how far away, from the opponent they're initiated? Some have suggested it may be due to hitting on latter active frames, which sounds more plausible.

From the VF5 Final Showdown ver.A Location Test thread, under System Updates:
    I have also updated the Bound section in the wiki to mention this limitation.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It is the visual discriminator between versions as far as I can see. The one that jumps forward has to be initiated further away from the opponent so I assumed that was the reason for the backdash in the original combo. 9K+G essentially has 'far' and 'close' versions. And no, I don't know for sure this is the reason for the doublebound. I didn't actually pull this combo off since I didn't bother testing further.

9. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I don't think there are two versions of 9K+G, the move just tracks the opponent's distance to a degree and that's it, it retains the same properties and is the same move nevertheless. Hitting on later active frames sounds very odd too since wouldn't it require 9K+G to be a two hitting move that would cause high bound on either hit? I don't know any other move where depending on how late you hit with the move it's properties change like that to allow some weird ish. A very peculiar case nevertheless.

EDIT: Oh right, I totally forgot some Sega rep confirmed there really are two versions of 9K+G. Never mind that then.

10. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

it was said in a tweet from @vf_official (thanks to ylyon for having brought to my attention and translated it).

I'll ask Ylyon to post here the original tweet with the english translation

11. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    When you said "there are indeed two versions" I thought you had something more conclusive. :)

I thought that the distance (far vs close) might affect which active frames are connecting, and hence result in "two versions" of the same move. But each time I do the combo, the two 9K+G's always executes in 30 frames.

12. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

what's more conclusive than an official explanation from the vf team?:cool:

with that in mind if we think at all the other info we got by ourself (visually the distance it covers and the same 30 frames of execution) everything seem to point to the two different moves thesis

13. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Still waiting for it! :)

14. Ylyon

Ylyon Well-Known Member

XBL:
    ylyon
    I had written this in the Italian forum, I'll post it also here. From the official Japanese VF twitter account:
    which means more or less:

15. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So the question I now have is: why?

Why did they create two versions of the same move, and not just have one that always travelled forward? Maybe they found that instead of beating a low punch from point-blank range, it ended up jumping over and completely missing the crouched opponent? :D

16. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Alongside the double 9K+G bound I don't know why i never thought of the double 66P+K bound you can get on light weights. (66P+K > P > 66P+K > 6_P/662P > 46K+GK!K)

Btw two new combos (not in thread, not in the combo section, never saw from japanese players) for the problematic Akira, Shun and El Blaze

JU [K][+][G] > [K][+][G] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

from side crumple [9][K][+][G] > [2][P][+][K] > [4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]

17. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What's the combo starter? If it's 66P+K then I don't think this combo quite classifies as a "double 66P+K bound", no? :)

G0d3L likes this.
  18. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

Ops...:oops:
    Thanks for the correction Myke :)

19. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Combos against Shun...humm. I'll take it :D

Do theses combos are known ?

[6][6][P][+][K]>[2][P][+][K]>[P][P][4][P][K]
    66 dmg, against the MW ( Lau, Lei Fei, Brad, Lion ) excepted Shun Di , close stance only
    both stance against Lion & Vanessa

[6][6][P][+][K]>[3][3][P]>[P][P][4][P][K]
    69 dmg, against Vanessa, close stance only

[6][6][P][+][K]>[P]>[3][3][P]>[K][P][K]
    69 dmg, against Vanessa & Aoi, open stance

[6][6][P][+][K] CH >[3][3][P]>[P]>[4][6][K][+][G][K]![K]
    80 dmg against Eileen & Aoi, both stance

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  20. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    This is based of stuff from the maru-ders video a while back, like the ring out TFT from back against wall...( if the video skips for you, its TFT> dash> [2][P][+][K]> Dragonkick. )

Anywhoo, my NEW wall combo starter is Kage's ascending [P] , its a full circular high thatleaves you at +11 on hit , so near a wall you get a free 11 frame jab, which causes wall stagger, and then its just your normal wall combo from there.

[9][+][P]>[P] (wall)> [2][K][+][G]> [9][K][+][G]> [3][3][P] (jab works fine for less dmg)> [K][+][G]> DragonPunch> DragonKick> [7][K] for the ender, but [3][K][+][G] is more dmg, but backturn oki.

A quick note on getting the jumping punch to be effective, since it is a high move.
    Mostly conditioning the opponent to evade your jumping descent kick, which is itself a big combo starter if they dont shake fast enough.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Myke likes this.