1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Myke, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    If FT comes to PS2, this move seems like it screams for PSone pads. If one stills plays with pads (ilke I do)...

2. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Heh! I've been playing wolf lately and GE has handed me my ass so many times with Kage now that I have decide that I must pick him up. Kage seems so deadly.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah. Get your own damn character!

GE

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Myke,
    I'm going to address the issues your bought up in a civil fashion. Yes the combo in question is difficult to do. But you have to look at as it's difficult but not impossible. by difficult I mean look ahead 1 year from now, people will be able to pull it off consistently. I have firm believe in this, and you should too (if you don't download some of those DDR/music game clips). by impossible I mean wolf's knee is -1 on hit no matter how skillful you are.. it's -1 if it hit. and you are screwed, it doesn't matter how skillful you are or how good your yomi is.. kage will always rock and wolf will always suck.
    Also myke you are comparing a move with two moves that's already imbalanced in EVO. Didn't those uppercut moves get toned downed in FT? How bad can this get before people realize Kage is all reward and no risk? 73 + counter hit of the first hit = a lot closer to 100 than you think mikey.
    The evidence is clear, and kbcat is seeing the light. People wants to win they pick Kage... Look at the people who converted to Kage: Ryan Hart, Imf, Myke, Ass-9, DandyJ, even SiYkO. Please snap out of this childhood fantasy of yours that VF is all about balance and yomi.. It's all about picking kage!!!

4. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Heh! I've been playing wolf lately and GE has handed me my ass so many times with Kage now that I have decide that I must pick him up. Kage seems so deadly.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah. Get your own damn character!

GE

[/ QUOTE ]

He's mine now!!!!! First I take your Wolf, now your Kage!!!!!! soon you will have nothing! nothing I say!

5. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

No kidding! Anyway I was just doing some reading now and found that 1/60sec has the frame input info for the 623P+KPPK.

It shows that the input window for the [P][K][K] is 4 frames, 3 frames and 2 frames respectively. The interesting thing is if you input the [P] on the last (4th) frame, then the inputs for the remaining series are pushed out by one frame, but the windows remain the same. Just when I thought it couldn't get more complicated...

[/ QUOTE ]

As you said very similar to Lion's Catch-PPP which has the same weird "if you input a P one frame late, all the subsequent P timings are pushed out 1 frame". But, as you noted the window to input each P stays a consistent size. But, I figure if I can manage Lion's catch-PPP on a regular basis people will be able to do kage's consistently as well -- although it's unlikely anyone would have 100% accuracy.

kbcat

6. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: Kage: Final Tuned *DELETED*

Post deleted by kbcat

7. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    Just when I thought it couldn't get more complicated

[/ QUOTE ]

Rejoice!! Finally one thing Kage has that requires skill, and look all the crying. OMG.. please make it easier cuz you'd actually have to time it to get it off.

8. imf

imf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    People wants to win they pick Kage... Look at the people who converted to Kage: Ryan Hart, Imf, Myke, Ass-9, DandyJ, even SiYkO. Please snap out of this childhood fantasy of yours that VF is all about balance and yomi.. It's all about picking kage!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been reading the forums for a while, so I'm just hoping this is some kind of long running joke shang's got going.

Can someone please confirm.

9. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

confirmed

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Shang being civil? Hath hell frozen over?

[ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

Myke,
    I'm going to address the issues your bought up in a civil fashion. Yes the combo in question is difficult to do. But you have to look at as it's difficult but not impossible. by difficult I mean look ahead 1 year from now, people will be able to pull it off consistently. I have firm believe in this, and you should too (if you don't download some of those DDR/music game clips).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for agreeing with me. All I said was that it is difficult. I never said it was impossible.

[ QUOTE ]
    by impossible I mean wolf's knee is -1 on hit no matter how skillful you are.. it's -1 if it hit. and you are screwed, it doesn't matter how skillful you are or how good your yomi is.. kage will always rock and wolf will always suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing impossible about Wolf's knee being -1 is your thinking. Generally speaking, at -1 for Wolf, the opponent has to [2][P] in order to beat your [2][P], which is ideal to condition them for a low punch cut setup. But of course, you're a Wolf expert and a -1 situation is just "impossible" for Wolf and he'll always suck, right? Then again, you can always take the old jumping knee for a float....

[ QUOTE ]
    Also myke you are comparing a move with two moves that's already imbalanced in EVO. Didn't those uppercut moves get toned downed in FT? How bad can this get before people realize Kage is all reward and no risk? 73 + counter hit of the first hit = a lot closer to 100 than you think mikey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, you can compare it with whatever you want. All I stated was that for the risk (-22 on guard!) you get a good reward. I don't see what the big deal is anyway. Kage's uppercut counter tools were toned down as you said, and in their place he gets a DP combo (higher risk, higher reward). Shang, it appears as that you only looked at the reward and ignored the risk when you judged this move.

The thing a lot of people don't understand about Kage is that he has no fast counter tools to lead into combos. Up to -14 all he can really use is [P][P][4][P] in a guaranteed situation for a +1. The fastest he has going is at 15 frames. What this means is that at +2 he doens't have anything potent enough to play nitaku guessing games with.

But I can deal with that. If I couldn't, I wouldn't play Kage.

[ QUOTE ]
    The evidence is clear, and kbcat is seeing the light. People wants to win they pick Kage... Look at the people who converted to Kage: Ryan Hart, Imf, Myke, Ass-9, DandyJ, even SiYkO. Please snap out of this childhood fantasy of yours that VF is all about balance and yomi.. It's all about picking kage!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, Ryan, ice-9 and myself have always been Kage players, but I think the biggest draw with Kage is the fun and flash factor and not some BS that Kage = automatic win.

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

myke you have been blinded by your own infatuations!! please open your eyes and come to the realization Kage is the most powerful force in the universe! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

12. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:
    AFAIK, Ryan, ice-9 and myself have always been Kage players, but I think the biggest draw with Kage is the fun and flash factor and not some BS that Kage = automatic win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that -- GE beats me senseless with crazy amounts of style. That is one of the things that appeals to me about kage, he can be played with lots of style, just like Lion, Pai, and Wolf can.

kbcat

13. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    he can be played with lots of style, just like Lion, Pai, and Wolf can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if [P],[2][P] is stylish to you.....

j/k /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[ QUOTE ]
    he can be played with lots of style, just like Lion, Pai, and Wolf can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if [P],[2][P] is stylish to you.....

j/k /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GE's wolf is pretty stylish, good yomi, good movement and distancing. He may be slow but he's not ineffective. Wolf can have so much more style than a charater like Lau, which has in my opinion little to none.

kbcat

15. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I guess the joke wasn't taken correctly....

/versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

I guess the joke wasn't taken correctly....

/versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the joke -- but Wolf is touchy subject around here and we can't afford to disturb the Shang, now that he's being civil /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    [ QUOTE ]
    Myke said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope its those two magical words that every Kage player can relate too

RING OUT!

18. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Kage is a WhiteBoy trying to be a ninja what do you expect of course it's easy to win w/ him.. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Ok, so when P+K hits and crumples the opponent, what in the world are you supposed to follow that up with? A Jumanji sweep otb hit?

-Alex

20. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    supergolden said:

Ok, so when P+K hits and crumples the opponent, what in the world are you supposed to follow that up with? A Jumanji sweep otb hit?

-Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

Will JM PK (Hold K) - Dragon Punch work? Just a thought, haven't tried it yet.

kbcat