1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage/Shun piss me off

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by Grusselgrosser, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

vs. Kage specifically the Shippujin stance (stance you have trouble with). You have to know when he can get to it. There are quite a few moves that can lead to the stance, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif being the most popular.

This stance is an offensive oriented stance which is the total opposite of his other stance: Juumonji. So when you get hit by a move that goes into the Shippujin, it's generally a good idea to be defensive.

His options from the stance that you should be weary of are:
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif from Shippuujin stance lead to combos that you may have fallen victim to. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif being the faster move and will likely interrupt you if you try to attack his stance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif are two low attacks that are full-circular(can't evade them). The first two attacks are fairly safe when blocked (you can force a throw, elbow guessing game though). The /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be severely punished when blocked and you should take advantage. Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is guaranteed.

He can also do his catch-throw from this stance.

2. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Because you haven't played against any High level Lei Fei's. Regardless of what people think since i get to play with my "American" Counterparts Ack is high Level to me cause im not playing in tournaments lol! There are a few high level players in here on American level but you will rarely find them unless you invite a few.Some helpful advice though a sound defense with strict punishment is your best friend. I played a long Ranked Session with you Grussel and i must admit that beat knuckle is your down fall my friend. You cannot rely on if its not set up right and overused.
    Keep in Mind your not supposed to run from Shun But to keep him from drinking by staying on top of him with good Mix ups and basic fundamentels. You have to try to attack him accurately (atleast this is what i do.)

But hey atleast in VF5:R Jacky has a real low kick move that seem very useful Just ask L.A. Akira lol!

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Yeah SDS, Grussel uses way too much Beat Knuckle and Slide Shuffle. I'd suggest he learns a bit more about his own character before he worries about the others.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Heres my 5 cents.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif second hit guaranteed on counter
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    Be careful against Shun's mulekick, otherwise these two are very useful.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif very long range crouchstaggering mid. Safe on block when you turn your back.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif very nice vs shun because it sobers, does ok damage and you can delay the second hit for a stun (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif followupcombo). Or mix the delayed second hit with the side shuffle version.
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (note to yupa: low backfist in this is safe on block)

And of course theres
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

Side shuffle is bad if opponent knows its coming. Easy to interrupt with a punch or low punch. Mix it up. Also never just do side shuffle attacks on autopilot. Mix it up with side shhuffle -> throw.

ps. ranks mean little.

5. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

If you can land this on shun with Jacky the Combo's you can do off it on shun can net you about 89 to 91 and if a wall is nearby you can bring this to about 101.

6. Grusselgrosser

Grusselgrosser Well-Known Member

How many times have I even played you?

Depending on my mood, I may overuse other moves besides beatknuckle :).

7. blackdon

blackdon New Member

just curious when does shun start get difficult. just started the game and the only character that gave me a problem was really akira and pai.

8. Feck

When a good player is using him /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    An example would be if you went on ranked and you saw the gamertag Jhow, that's when your curiosity will be over. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. blackdon

blackdon New Member

lol ok. i was wonder do most people play on a joystick or a regular controller.

11. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Fixed

12. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I think most people on this site use a joystick because it's either more responsive than a pad (in the case of the 360 pad, that's definitely correct), or because it recreates the arcade feel. I prefer being able to have my thumb and first two fingers over the buttons, which I can't do on a pad because they're too big for the buttons.

Also, instant props for the Agon avatar. Gaoh would own him though.

13. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

14. Feck

^ Jacky does have a sweep and your post is crazy.

15. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I was just giving an example of a good shun player, what you think Jhow sucks? Does vflion grab your fancy?

16. Feck

He fixed my post not yours Kamais, learn to read /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

17. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Did he? It seemed like to me he just erased my post because he didn't agree with it, mabye I rushed too fast /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

18. blackdon

blackdon New Member

thanks i was trying to get a joystick but suprising im having a hard time finding one. does anyone know a spot in nyc that sell good joystick?. lol and agon is one of the best player in eyeshield he just to over confident that all.

19. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    i can see where ur coming from Grussel, when you look at characters like kage and shun it seems like they seriously have the advantage cmon what does jacky have that they dont? and they definitely have PLENTY of things that jacky is lacking in.

i think characters with fast stances and safe abaring are just WAY harder to play against for the average player. we are forced to study their moves, sabakis, wack hitboxs that make our mids whiff (Seriously wtf... mids shouldnt whiff ever !!!) and specially train our reflexs and move list to match their flow charts, its nuts, staple interupting moves dont work and its quite frustrating. and the annoying thing is that other characters like jacky dont get anything to compensate for all the abare-abuse they have to put up with...
    i mean if jacky had something REALLY good(Other then his sexyness) to compensate for all the abare-safe and other nice moves characters like shun, and leifei have it would be alright but i just dont see it.

also is it me or do defensive characters require MUCH more work to play as then offensive. Offensive chars just need good flow charts, mastery of 1 char, defensive chars(like goh) need to learn everyones flowcharts O.O.

20. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

I would say it takes a little more work to figure out what to do as a defensive player. Only because of the fact that you cant just attack back right away with a launcher most of the time..For me Lei Fei is annoying simply because Goh wiffs almost every move in certain stances and the monk can throw an attack faster out of that one stance than you can in your whole move list.. it just makes sense to just block and wait for a neutral stance.