1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kages cartwheel kick after TFT

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Valdimiar, May 25, 2004.

1. Valdimiar

Valdimiar Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are any other moves that you in the same posision as [1][P][K][G] so you can do the cartwheel kick

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

On Lion and Lei you can do Knee, [4]+[P], [P], [6]+[K]+[G] after TFT.

Otherwise [1]+[P][K][G] is the best damage.

3. Valdimiar

Thanks
    that d much easier that the [1][P][K][G]
    I seem to keep cancelling the kick before it has even begun and failing the knee and little annoying errors like that /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Dandy_J

Actually, the [K][G] cancel isn't even needed. You can just do:

TFT, knee, [1]+[P]([G]), [P], [6]+[K]+[G]

As long as you aren't sloppy and buffer everything in correctly, that will work on all the same characters that [1]+[P][K][G] does.

5. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

If the cancel is too hard for you, you can always do a straight [P] [P] [6][K]+[G] instead for only 3pts less damage iirc.

The cancel isn't that hard once you get used to it, you just need to get in the habit of waiting a beat before inputting the [G]. I actually input [1][P][K][P][G] smoothly. The second [P] input here is completely meaningless but it serves to stop me hitting [G] too early.

6. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

I know neglecting the ~[K][G] will still allow the combo to work on some characters, but around Jacky and Lau, I am pretty sure it is neccesary.

But [P] [P] [6][K][G], or just [1][P][K][G] [6][K][G] both will do the same damage, and is the best combo for akira.

7. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:
    I know neglecting the ~[K][G] will still allow the combo to work on some characters, but around Jacky and Lau, I am pretty sure it is neccesary.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not neccesary ever. It just looks cool.

8. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

I can't get it to connect on Jacky in free training without the ~[K][G], i think it is actually slower recovery if you just do the [1][P] alone.

In free training, set opponent to guard, and counter with mid attack 2 ([6][K]). Let him block [1][P] and try to interrupt him with [6][P], it will not work (unless I am too slow!). Then try doing ~[K][G] after the [1][P] and the elbow should interrupt him easily.

Or is this just a training mode bug where the CPU continues to guard in anticipation of the [1][P][K]?

Anyone want to test this further? My TV just got hijacked

9. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Are you certain it isn't necessary to input [K][G] in the TFT combo?? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on VFDC that the motion of [K][G] moves Kage forward just enough to connect the combo. Maybe that was for some other combo... hmm. Well either way I just do it cuz, yeah it looks flashy I guess.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Siyko's right. You must put the kick cancel with the [1][P] against heavier characters in TFT combos. In fact, there are many combos that require [1][P][K][G], instead of just [1][P], in order for them to work. It's worth learning if you have trouble doing it.

Also, [1][P][K][G] recovers 1 frame faster than [1][P]. Every Kage should know this! So the advantage the kick cancel gives you is not only a frame faster in recovery, but it advances you forward which is important for many combos.

I hereby promote Siyko and demote Dandy_J! /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. Dandy_J

Oops lol. You need the cancel for Jacky. On Lau it's not needed. I don't know if there are any other characters where it's neccessary. Maybe I'll test them all later.

Edit: tested all - the only characters that require the cancel are Jacky and Shun.

12. Valdimiar

OK
    That should be easier, haven't tested it yet
    i like doing
    [4][P]+[G][2_][4][K][P][2][P]+[K][4][2][1][P]+[K]

13. Dandy_J

If you want an easy combo, use this one. It works on everyone except Pai/Aoi and Wolf/Jeff.

TFT, knee, [4]+[P][K], [3_]+[K] - 76 damage

and on Sarah only make sure you do:

TFT, knee, [4]+[P][K], [2]+[P]+[K][K] - 82 damage

14. Valdimiar

I have been pratising the long combo and I have hit it full once and without the kick cancel twice.
    After [4]+[P]+[G][2_][6][K][1][P][K][G][6][K]+[G] doing [6][2][3][P]+[K] gets 77 damage in 6 hits
    I went wrong and found that [P] [2][P] after the knee will let you hit the cartwheel kick and get 66 damage

Faded: I think that without the kick cancel it does 2 less damage not 3

15. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

<font color="ff3366">TFT, knee, [4]+[P][K], [3_]+[K] - 76 damage</font>

I've seen [K]+[G] used as an alternative for [3_]+[K] in clips. Maybe it's easier to input. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

16. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I don't like to end TFT combo with [6]+[K]+[G], it only does max damage on paper, if they just laying there, the [3]+[K] after [6]+[K]+[G] only does 6 damage if you do it right after [6]+[K]+[G], and if you delay it try to get max damage, they can get out of it. I am not sure if there is a timing that will guarante 13 damage, I doubt there is though.

17. Valdimiar

Ok
    I can do the combo without the kick cancel in matches consistantly but I varie my TFT combos and do stuff like TFT-Knee-[P]-[2][P]+[K]-[6][2][3][P]+[K]
    Combos like this are good IMO
    [9]+[K]+[G][2][P][6][2][3][P]+[K]

18. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mirage said:
    I am not sure if there is a timing that will guarante 13 damage, I doubt there is though.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is. set the opponent to max rising speed, roll to the side and just get used to the timing. This 13 damage is guarnteed - possible damage is a lot higher, tossing in stuff like [3][K][G] which would be very risky if they thought about tech rolling.

19. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    ghostdog said:
    I've seen [K]+[G] used as an alternative for [3_]+[K] in clips. Maybe it's easier to input. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah [K]+[G] works on everyone but Akira I think. Same damage, but it recovers a teeny tiny bit slower than sidekick.

[ QUOTE ]
    Mirage said:
    I am not sure if there is a timing that will guarante 13 damage, I doubt there is though.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There is no timing that completely guaruntees the 13 damage. If they lay there and don't touch anything (don't even hit the G button or anything), then the timing for delayed down attack becomes very late. It's late enough that if you tried to delay it long enough to get 13 points, they could roll to the side and punish. If you think they're going to just lay there, do [2]+[K], then a down attack. If they start teching on the [2]+[K] then go back to using a delayed down attack and you'll probably get the full 13 damage.

20. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:
    There is no timing that completely guaruntees the 13 damage. If they lay there and don't touch anything (don't even hit the G button or anything), then the timing for delayed down attack becomes very late. It's late enough that if you tried to delay it long enough to get 13 points, they could roll to the side and punish

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it would only stay as part of the same combo if it were not possible for them to start moving by the time the hit connects... could easily be wrong. I just use the same timing against the CPU, which will always work so I can't vouch for much else /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif