1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kage's PS2 Combo Search List

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Drift, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Okay, it's finally complete.

Part 1:
    The Complete Listing

Part 2:
    The Distilled Listing

All right. Part 1 is a complete listing of the combos found using the Evo combo search feature for Kage including damages for all conditions for which they hit. At the end of the document are 3 omissions from the game.
    1) A Vanessa combo was completely left out but 'hinted' at.
    2) Akira's more powerful TFT combo was not listed.
    3) Sarah's more powerful TFT combo was not listed.

Part 2 is a distilled listing that contains two parts itself. First, there is a generic listing that lists the maximum damage combos for each character that work regardless of hit or stance type. They are 'blind' combos. However, they are the max damage 'blind' combos.
    The second half lists the maximum damage combos for each character that do depend on hit, stance, or both. At the very end is a max damage TFT list.

The combo listings in these guides do not distinguish difficult to execute or timing-strict combos from those that are rather easy. The point is to take a piece at a time and learn to perform these combos properly. The true max damage combos are especially susceptible to timing and execution issues (for obvious reasons).

I know that there are bound to be errors in these guides. I think that the complete listing is more bullet-proof than the distilled (simply b/c I was tired of looking at combos and rushed to complete it.) If you find an error, please let me know and I will update the info (and give you credit /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif). I think most errors will be cases where a combo does connect but I didn't list it. There were a lot of combos to be tested and, yes, I tested all of these combos in every single condition even when I knew that they worked (ufK+G combos for example). I'm certain to have missed a few.

Myke, if you wish to put these guides on this site, please do. Anyone who wants to rewrite either guide using their own notation or a different organization is more than welcome to and I will even put their version on my site.

Much thanks to Myke. I could not have finished this without his advice.

With all that said, I am done with VF for a while. I need to put a couple of other games to bed and return to a normal life. At least until CIB comes up. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Excellent effort there Drift. I've only skimmed through them now but I already know this will makes for a great reference.

I'll give it a few days so you can iron out any bugs and whatnot then I'll up it to the site.

3. undefined___

undefined___ Member

<font color="yellow">Wow. Nice combos. Thanks ALOT! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

4. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

Update:

Fixed Lau's max damage TFT combo on both guides.

Was:
    bP+G -> D,fK -> bP,K -> f,d,dfP+K Damage: 82

Should be:
    bP+G -> D,fK -> dbP,K,G -> P -> fK+G -> Opp. Down dfK Damage: 83

I overlooked trying this on Lau. Thanks to a post made by Izha in another thread for reminding me.

5. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

SUPER NECRO 6 YEAR BUMP!!

But seriously, is there anyone that still has either of the two documents I put up here? I neglected to transfer them to my new PC and geocities is now defunct.

6. Drift

Drift Well-Known Member

update: thanks to the efforts of geocities.ws web archive project, I was able to recover these two guides. While I'm sure that no one but me cares any longer, if you're interested in them, just PM.