1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kakutou Shinseiki III

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 22, 2004.

By Myke on Dec 22, 2004 at 6:20 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [​IMG]

The next Japanese national tournament, Kakutou Shinseiki III, has just been announced. The finals are scheduled to be held on 21st March 2005.

The tournament will be broadcast live on the Internet. The link to watch the broadcast will be made available shortly after the event begins in Japan. The format of the broadcast will be windows media 9 and will ideally require a 500Kbps connection.

<font color="red">Results</font>

1st. Itabashi Zangeif (Shun) New Rank: TenTei (sky emperor)
    2nd. KING (Pai)

<font color="red">Official Links</font><ul type="square">[*]Kakutou Shinseiki III
    [*]Finals Bracket (English)
    [*]Pics and Movies[/list]

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      This is it the big one, 64 players, who's gonna be crowned champ! Last big torni chance for Chibita?.....
    2. KS_Vanessa
      KS_Vanessa
      why would it be the last chance for chibita? forgive me, but i know nothing how the jap vf scene works............
    3. maddy
      maddy
      [​IMG]

This one is the coolest poster I've ever seen yet. Broadcasting needed.
    4. YuuKun
      YuuKun
      *the crowd is going wild and chanting*

CHIBITA!!!
      CHIBITA!!!
      CHIBITA!!!

*chibita must not let another double Kage final* /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    5. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      [ QUOTE ]
      why would it be the last chance for chibita? forgive me, but i know nothing how the jap vf scene works............

[/ QUOTE ]
      Don't know if this is the appropriate place to answer this, (Mods' move if neccessary), it's most prob not his last chance, but Kakutou Shinseiki is the biggest VF torni there is...
      There's was only 1 for each vf4 revision, don't think it did much for Napoleon's credibility... Zzzzz, but I bet you know or have heard of Minami Akira winner of Kakutou Shinseiki II (I'll explain more in person if I see you).

What was the Main biggest torni in vf3 days? (Super battle opera's?) and vf2 days (or was that just beat tribe events no Sega sanctioned events)?
    6. ice-9
      ice-9
      Goh just looks so cool in that poster--I hope a Goh player goes deep in KS3!
    7. vanity
      vanity
      that's a little high of an expectation ice. maybe it would be reasonable to hope that a goh qualifies.
    8. IronJUNKIE
      IronJUNKIE
      [ QUOTE ]
      Goh just looks so cool in that poster--I hope a Goh player goes deep in KS3!

[/ QUOTE ]

That my friend, would make me bust into tears....

Go Kudokun!!
    9. kungfusmurf
    10. Maximus
      Maximus
      Screw Chibita, I want my hero to win, Ohsu Akira.
      Hopefully Homestay will do good too. And as for the comment made earlier, I too don't want another Kage player to win.
    11. Plague
      Plague
      I don't like the poster at all. Positioning of text and images is haphazard. The character artwork doesn't match. Head sizes don't come close. I like the Goh art. Would've been cool to see Akira illustrated in that style. I'm bummed they just took the default 2P image. He's looking off to the side. Doesn't engage the reader. No tension between the characters. Blah.

Cheap-ass design work. Everything looks thrown together at the last minute.

I hope the person making this didn't spend more than 30 minutes or charge any money.

The tournament should be infinitely cooler than the poster.

Here's a poster I made a while back for comparison.

Akira looks at you - engages you - his expression says "Hey, fuck you, I'll kick your ass." Character styling matches - images use the same style of artwork. Character head sizes mostly proportional. Graphic elements work with the text. Placement is cohesive. I can't compare the wording because I don't read Japanese.
    12. Maximus
      Maximus
      Damn, did you take photoshop in school or something?? That's actually pretty damn nice. I mean the official poster is good too, but in all truth it was a bit disapointing to see that that was the best poster they could come up with. Still though, I think I'm going to try and make my own poster. I'll probably start working on it today. If I work on it it will come out looking good. So be on the lookout for my poster.
    13. Plague
      Plague
      [ QUOTE ]
      Damn, did you take photoshop in school or something??

[/ QUOTE ]

I own a graphic design firm that I'm slowly turning into an agency. I started it in 1991. Learned Photoshop, Quark Express, Illustrator, Freehand, Dreamweaver, and Flash by reading the instruction manuals. Someday I'll finish my own website.

Made this website for a client a while back.
    14. Maximus
      Maximus
      Nice. I like your work. I am currently studying Graphic Design. I have worked a lot with photoshop; it's a very good program and I am very comfortable with it. I even made my avatar from one of my graphic design projects. It took me quite a while to get the texture and colors right, but in the end it looked awsome. The one in my avatar is small and can't be fully seen to it's potential. If you want I could post the full version.

I have also worked with Illustrator, but I just never felt quite as comfortable as I do with photoshop. I still use it since it does come in handy, but it's just not one of my favorite programs. I also used Freehand. It's very useful and I used it extensively when I was doing sketches for my science project.

Also I am studying multimedia. I use Dreamweaver to make web sites and such. I am pretty good at it. I made my own site which also includes a page about VF. I just need to put some finishing touches on it and it will be up and running in no time. Shortly I will be studying Flash(I can hardly wait). I want to make some cool graphic images, you know something funny like Dandy J's avatar pic.
    15. Llanfair
      Llanfair
      VF2 and VF3 had Sega sanctioned events called Maximum Battle. There was one for VF2 - not sure if there was a second for 2.1. AFAIK, Kyasao won the VF2 maximum battle, however there were Tetsujins named for each character (Kyasao for Kage, Kashiwa Jeffry, Ikebukuro Sarah, BunBunMaru for Wolf, etc.)

VF3 had a Maximum Battle with two parts - Japanese and International. Kyasao won the Japanese title, while AkiraKid (aka ShinZ) won the international title. Afterwards, there was an overall bout and the 2nd place international player, a Lau player from Korea wiped the floor with the Japanese as I remember.

VF3tb - hmm...don't remember if there was a Maximum Battle for this.

There was also the infamous Java Tea tourney - go Myke!

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>
    16. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      Yeah cheers for that info, remember reading about some of these events back in the day.
      So where does the Canadian MOAT's fit into the VF heirarchy of torni's? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    17. RagingSilver
      RagingSilver
      so what time will it be for ppl in the UK?
    18. Crazy_Galaxy
      Crazy_Galaxy
      [ QUOTE ]
      so what time will it be for ppl in the UK?

[/ QUOTE ]
      4a.m, for those that will see you in irc /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    19. RagingSilver
      RagingSilver
      hehe PLACE UR BETS on who you think will win:

I vote for Jin Kage