1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kamaage: VF5R for console effort

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by kamaage, Jan 15, 2010.

1. NickJB

NickJB New Member

I played Virtua Fighter and i loved it since then first version for the fight's realism comparated to others beat em up.
    I bought the xbox 360 and I would like to play lastest version of VF5 on it.
    If SEGA comes out with a bundle that includes a controller for the best fighting game, in my opinion would be much better, since the Xbox's d-pad, which is not used much by those who play fighting games on console, it's not very suitable.

Nicola Musa, Cagliari, Italy

2. Maefteda

Maefteda New Member

Hello Sega

I have been a fan of Virtua Fighter since 4 and it was really the game that made me get such a fascination for fighting games. I still play Virtua Fighter 5 sometimes(got it at launch) but since I have the PS3 version I miss online. I'd love for a new version to come out for consoles. Now this Final Showdown trailer shows up, and it looks amazing. I want this game right now! And I promise you Sega, if you announce this on PS3 and 360, I WILL buy Yakuza 3, which has been on my list, but I wasn't really going to buy.

Mathias

Oslo. Norway

3. faust7282

faust7282 New Member

I know Virtua Fighter since the 1th in Arcade, although I must admit that I wasn't attracted because of its edgy graphics. After I saw the 2nd for Saturn and I was dazled by so much wonder. From that moment I started to play the game seriously. I remember that the first character I considered was Shun, but quickly I switched to Jacky because The simplier style. The fun that I had in the game increased more and more with time and I continued to follow the saga even in later chapters. I Won't forget the day that I saw in a Venice's Arcaede Virtua Fighter 3, wonderful. Obviously it was my first purchase when I took the Dreamcast. It became our philosophy: we take the console where Virtua Fighter comes out; that's why we took the ps2 just for the 4th and the evolution.
    When the PS3 came out, before the 360 version, we were tempted to take it with the console, but at that time, the console had a price too High. Afterwads, however, was finally announced the release for x360, allowed us to get our hands on the best fighting game ever, plus online. I fought wounderful matches with the last chapter, and I also won an exciting tournament online with my trusty Jeffrey. It was my first tournament game ever, and also, I suppose, the first Italian Virtua Fighter championship Online.
    Now, I would appreciate if Sega convert the latest version release, in this case the Final Showdown, to console. Certainly would have a guaranteed buyer, and maybe, who knows? we will do again the italian tournament.

Paggiaro Jacopo. Italy, Mestre (Venice).

4. dapheenom

dapheenom Well-Known Member

Hello,

I purchased and played each Virtua Fighter off and on between VF2 and VF4. When VF4 Evolution came around, I became an ardent supporter. The tutorial mode taught me how to understand the beautiful system that AM2 crafted and I was hooked. I didn't have a PS3, but when you released VF5 for X-Box 360, I was there on release day. I was saddened to hear that we wouldn't receive VF5R. But I now believe that the fine people at SEGA had learned from the mistake of releasing VF4 Evolution instead of VF4 Final Tuned. Not only that, with the latest iteration of VF5 (Final Showdown) it looks like things that I've dreamed about VF having could possibly be coming to fruition.

There is a larger contingent of Western gamers that value your game than you realize. I truly believe the sales of VF5 in the west were due to timing (low console user base) and nothing else. The climate for fighting games is much more favorable now and people are hungry for a new Virtua Fighter experience. I know in my heart that you haven't abandoned us in the west and I am both eager and hopeful for the news of your announcement and subsequent release of VF5:FS for consoles. Finally, please know that we appreciate all of your efforts over the years in driving innovation and quality in the 3D fighting genre.

It's time for the king to return to his throne.

-Brian Giles
    Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA

5. exs_blog

exs_blog New Member

What a crazy coincidence I came here and found this petition the last day it's active.

I was having a nostalgia outburst on VF5 (my friend took my copy and then moved to FL a year ago) and started watching youtube videos and then a lot of VF5R content...you know...to torture myself lol

Virtua Fighter is the best fighting series in the whole market. It's not as clunky as so many of the other fighters and even though VF5 came out early in the PS3s life it still looks better than most games today.

Hell if VFFS came to the US I'd probably end up buying more than one copy (no joke...sadly lol [but I wouldn't have it any other way])

Petition signed! Let's hope the best fighting game (now made better) finally makes it over seas! ^.^

Ryan Flood, Colorado USA

6. tenshi

tenshi New Member

Thanks Kamaage.

First I remember, I was 12 Years old, I've played Virtua Fighter 2 on the Sega Saturn. It was so fast, deep and absolutly perfect. More better than the second Part of Tekken. A lot of more better!!!

Then I played Virtua Fighter 3 Tb on my lovely Dreamcast. I buy the Console only for that Game. It was SUPERB. I have the Japan Version, because the pal had black windows. 60Hz problems

I think i played the game 200 Hours, with my best friend. The Grafik, the gameplay, the Music.... all was brilliant

Then, came Virtua Fighter 4 and Evolution. It was absolutly outstanding!!

I was so exiting that EVOLUTION is coming out!
    I've played it also 100-200 Hours.

With VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 Final Showdown I will break my hour records. I will played 400-500 hours.
    But I don't know ist possible, because,.....maybe the Title is not COMING OUT on CONSOLE...WHY

WHY is that so??????????

PLEASE SEGA release VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN.

WE ARE YOUR FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Well, last day, time to post up in this thread.

My name is jon, aka social ruin, aka JB (real life freinds call me this). I live in oklahoma city oklahoma. And like so many people, my life is mostly a grind with some good and bad thrown in.

I remember when i 1st saw a VF machine at the OKC whitewater. My 10th birthday, 1990. Man, i was mesmerized. I threw down my change, and was shocked when the computer beat me in what, 7 seconds. lol. those were the beginnings tho.

Then, when i was a wee older lad, i started seeing these commercials for vf2. Holy shit. That commercial where jeff is kneeing someone in the head, and then the janitor guy finds a tooth on the mat. Man that was an awesome commercial. My twin bro and i scrimped and saved, and saved and scrimped and rented a Sega Saturn from hastings and virtua fighter 2. We rented 2 games, i think final fight or something, but only vf2 was payed. Man we played the shit out of that. I decided to master shun, hahahahahahahahha...nope, no mastery just a 12-13yr old kid trying to play some vf versus his twin bro. Man we sucked, but who knew that at the time, lol.

Well, of course, we had to return that after a week. But i tell ya, i was in love. Smashcut to around, idk, 10 years later or so, and vf4 evo dropped. That was HOT. I picked up the monk lei fei, and played countless, countless hours vs the cpu. Again, i had no idea i sucked. Hell, i was chasing down orbs and conqueror. And thought that meant i was good. Man i played so many hours. And like everyone else i loved programming/training my own ai, and the dojo was incredible.

Then, years later, 2-3 years ago, my bro got vf5 online, and just played it relentlessly. RELENTLESSLY. I was as jealous as could be. I was having some personal issues in life that didn't afford me the finer things. But i got those situations put to rights, and my long awaited reward was purchasing an xbox 360 and vf5. And it has been on since then. Heck, my bro even payed for half my xbox 360, because he wanted me to experience vf5. I have been playing nonstop, figuratively since then. I have never enjoyed a game so much as this one. With vf5 online, i finally opened my eyes to human competition and what it means to play real life people. This game has enriched the enjoyment of my life. No other way about it. Has made my life better.

And hopefully the story doesn't end here. I think that is what most people worry about. They have a similar story, but these stories won't sustain themselves without anything to feed them. And we can't just keep hammering away at vf5 while we know there are better and new iterations out there. If vf5 final showdown makes it's way to the xbox360/consoles, we will be the happiest fans alive. Our love affairs with the game that has captured us will continue. Otherwise, vf will become a cherished memory, as we slowly trickle away to other pursuits.

Thanks for listening,
    J.B.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  8. Major_kenny

Major_kenny New Member

Name - André Lopes

Country - Portugal

Hey guys from Sega, I am your number one portuguese fan. I think we (ps3 and xbox360 owners) also deserve to play the game, even though we'll have to pay 60€ to play it (unlike arcade, which 2€ is enough) and I'm willing to spend that money on a great game like Virtua Fighter. It was tmy first fighting game on sega saturn (Virtua fighter 1 & 2, fighting vipers, fighters megamix) and your combat system is so deep, technical, perfect that you can say to a friend "If you've never played this, you don't stand a chance". It takes effort, time and a skilled player to know how to play virtua fighter. So don't waste a great game. I also helped you in many ways, had sega saturn, mega drive, bought all your sonic games for ps2, I'm getting Yakuza 3. You should share VF5R or even better VF5 FS, because we are the ones who garantee your job, so releasing VF5R or VF5 FS is worth for all the hardcore fans, and even fans that say "VF 5 is old, I would buy it if it was released this year". Please Sega do this for us.

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Hello Sega,

Love and hate are one of the strongest opposites in our dichotomous thinking. Why then unhappy love often turns into deep hate and ruined relationships? A person in love loves everyone. This overwhelmingly positive feeling can change the world drastically. A person in hate becomes an enormous destructive force. It drives to an abyss of violence.

Have you ever experienced real light of love and real darkness of hate?

Love may be more powerful than hate because, as it was in the song, love can lead to hate, whereas hate never, even metaphorically, produces love. Love is more powerful because it gives birth to new positive challenges. Love changes a person, enriches the world, extends the horizons, enhances opportunities, brightens friendships, and deepens emotions. A person in love has a specific aura, a peculiar kind of energy that is given off, scattered in all directions, like the light of the myriads of stars, sliding through ages, celebrating Juliet, Laura, Natasha, Ophelia, Desdemona, all those love stories, powerful in their complexity of feelings and emotions, all about eternal love.

But love can go away. It simply disappears, vanishes. So powerful to disappear, or love never goes away. Love's components are intimacy, passion, and commitment, with all their variations. Consummate love that balances them all is rare. If Romeo and Juliet had lived longer, would they have loved each other with the same intimacy, passion, and commitment? I have doubts. Love is powerful because it can transform. It is, in fact, a transforming process of flexible relationships, in which intimacy remains stable.

Who ever lived to hate? Love is powerful because it drives, navigates, directs, and makes our existence meaningful. Hate invites loneliness, whereas love denies it. Hate ruins personality, whereas love builds ego identity. Hate results in acts of violence, whereas love leads to amazing acts of kindness. Hate destroys, whereas love creates. Hate is war, whereas love is peace. Hate is bad, whereas love is good. Hate is revenge, whereas love is construction. Hate is meaningless, whereas love is meaningful. It is impossible "to love to hate". It is always "love" that gives birth to "love". That's why love is more powerful than hate, if you follow me.

Discover your powers. Discover love in yourselves. Be sure you're more powerful to love than to hate. Keep love inside, and all will be always fine.

Give us another VF please.

Lajuan J.
    Rhode Island

10. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Raymond Cunningham, aka Mista TeeVFDC, aka Stnkybritchaas. My very first arcade experience was playing VF1 at a local fair. It was the highlight of my entire day. Who would have thought a video game could be so entertaining. As I grew older I found myself playing more and more fighting games, but none felt as rewarding and as fun as the Virtua fighter series. I've been lucky to live in a city (Toronto, Canada) were competition is still very strong for so many fighting games. Unfortunately since the latest version of VF5 has not been released on this side of the world competition for the VF series has almost died. Many people who love VF would love to continue playing this game but feel a little empty when they see the latest version being played outside their country and know that they have no way of playing it. On behalf of myself and the rest of the fighting game community her in Toronto, I ask of you SEGA to release the latest version of your Virtua fighter series, VF5 final showdown. I eagerly await your reply and I thank you for your time.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This petition is officially closed, and I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their contribution.

I'm in the process of finalising the document and will be sending it to kamaage shortly. I will also make it available for download for anyone interested.

And as always, I'll keep you posted of any progress.