1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Kyasao Tech Breakdown From his Next Level Visit

Discussion in 'Kage' started by Flyingguillotine, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

Can anybody point out the tech Kyasao was using at his NYC visit? From a brief viewing I can see he was using a shuto ( karate chop ) that side turns you. He had a good ability to keep players sideturned, but so do a lot of players. He also favored a lot of 4 K+G hit throws. Any Kage players have any input? High level players only please. If you have no idea, don't clutter up the thread. Thanks in advance.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  2. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

From what I saw, kyasao used 6p(hold) 6p a lot when opponent was sideturned in order to keep the opponent that way. Idk if it was the main tactic on ST but I did observe that he used it quite a few times.

3. Ytpme_Secaps

Ytpme_Secaps Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Jami San
    yeah, 6p (hold) Jumonji 6p (half circ), -4 on guard , but from side-turned -1 (? check in a few)

he also followed a guarded jumonji 6p with a backdash, 4 6 k (counter knee) did he only do this from side turned, cuz from normal guarded i dont think this will work unless they respond with a big move.

But the "locking" in side turned using jumonji 6p is iteself a very good tech that can lead to many more oportunities

4. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    ok mang and you are welcome in advance
    both do good dameges and side pressures on the oponent,
    hes a ninja like his mama (shes actually a dural robot though so look out bro), hth
    peace

masterpo, Ellis, BlackGeneral and 3 others like this.
  5. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    oh yeah mang, sum more hi-level teck on cownterhit the chop its instant kill. dat ninja got wu-tang skillz doe
    hth, peace

and you must do this 2 evade oponents (I call it EDC/teck roll)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    EvenPit, masterpo, Neonomide and 3 others like this.
  6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Resized 20140811_113919~01.jpg

Me and Myke looking at this thread. It's under review.

EvenPit, Myke, masterpo and 18 others like this.
  7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    ROOOOOOOOFL!!!!! Hey Myke!! Marly! :D

Why is Godoku allowed multiple accounts in VFDC? ;p

Ellis, Jacko, Dark Nova Void and 2 others like this.
  8. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

legendary hip-hop crew "Modd Deep" is in the house! :cool::ninja:

Jide, Myke and Jacko like this.
  9. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Does the invisibility cloak come with a 20 sided die?

10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I toyed with the idea of moving off topic posts from this thread, but have decided to leave things how they are, at least for the moment.

A few things though, @Modelah this is the dojo area of the forum. If you want to post some off topic stuff, there are areas for that. Regardless of what your issue is with someone else you should keep things in the dojo informative or at the least constructive if possible.

@Flyingguillotine you're asking for analysis, nothing wrong with that, but maybe it would be best to provide a link to the source material and get a discussion going.

And speaking of discussion;
    You what? who are these "high level" players you're referring to? If you have specific people in mind, why not just message them directly? If not, then the discussion is open. It's down to everyone to decide on the quality of information put in front of them, but no one should be excluded from the discussion.

Discussion is actually an important part of development. Just as you want to share with and learn from these supposed "high level" players, so newer players do too. It's a much better way than simple do this, do that spoon feeding.

Ellis, Tricky, Myke and 4 others like this.
  11. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Marly, your post doesn't address why Godoku is allowed to have multiple accounts on VFDC which is breaking the rules.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    EvenPit, Ellis, Seminasuke and 5 others like this.
  12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Yes and you also know such things are dealt with privately. Stop being a nob.

To make it clear, i am trying to get this thread back on track. I will leave the quoted post in place because i don't want to be asked again. Shiny's one can go though.

I won't look kindly on additional attempts to derail the thread.

Ellis likes this.
  13. Jacky22

Jacky22 Active Member

So, I was watching the video, and I got some questions:

Whats so special about [4][K][K]? It was one of his favorite moves, but why? He never ever used the Third[K] in all those matches, yet his "Mixups", [4][K][K] into [2][P]/etc worked, even on block, what is so scary about this move ?

The reward is also not that good, but it seems [4][K][K] is one of Kages Best Moves.o_O

I tried this online, doesnt work, using this at small advantage either results in a enemy counter-hit, or the opponent simply blocks it, because at least +7 is required vs Abare [2][P], but +7 is Throw or [3][3][P]/Knee, why use [4][K][K] at +7 ??

[4][K][K] is also -6 on Block, no chance in hell for BT[2][P].

Thanks!

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    4KK mixups wouldn't work against someone spamming buttons. They obviously work well on someone who are scared of playing this living legend and react slowly :D

Can someone link me this video so I could see what its all about?

15. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

1st of a 3 part playlist

Ellis, MarlyJay and Manjimaru like this.
  16. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    They actually would, because you will do the last K :p

17. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Done like a true kung fu master with very advanced ninjitsu ;)

From this day forward I shall call you Sifu Modelah :)

18. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    Very late response but, regarding 4k, k, k, , the 4kk works usually because of the "threat" of the 3rd k, it is hit-checkable and gives kage a decent amount of time to make a read, and its not just 4kk, but the first 4k alone can do a similar set up (because of the threat of the rest of the string) plus off of 4k he has a jumonji stance option that gives him a 2 frame better situation than without jumonji stance switch, and is the only way to land BTJumonji P+K, plus full circ low option from BT Jumonji.... the 4k...etc is the start of all this.

19. Ytpme_Secaps

XBL:
    Jami San
    in short , its all part of kage's BT (back turned) game