1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Lag Sucks

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Xzyx987X, May 25, 2011.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

But kingo, you are just sticking up for your sigma delta backdash fraternity brother. I have to imagine that when you play Jhow, you guys backdash so far away from each other that your characters are only tiny little specs on the horizon.

2. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Think about it. If I do that, his shun would reach 999999 DP...

3. Happy_Friend

Bust War!

I did provoke Kaminari on purpose, which wasn't nice of me because he is mentally ill. I think I pretty much hit the nail on the head with my earlier post tho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your comments are indicative that while you understand VF5, you don't understand VF to its fullest. Because you are a good player I sometimes rely on your non-understanding of Shun, and especially things inherent to the VF system that come with years of experience. I say "sometimes" because I don't mind going head to head with basics and fundamentals. But when an opponent doesn't understand Shun, or doesn't understand the way I play Shun, I'm going to exploit it.</div></div>

Oh please. I have played VF for 13 years. I would argue that you are the one who doesn't really have to get VF very much as evidenced by the fact that you couldn't fight your way way out of a wet paper bag if deprived of your Shun spam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In regard to the non-understanding of VF, this is why I can bait you with many different wake-up games. Don't feel bad - the face up / head toward situation will screw with even the very best. Other things include going into headstand (using HCB P+K, not 8P+K) for what looks like no apparent reason but there is definitely a reason. If I get hit I don't care because it makes me flop to the ground instantly in the lying position I just mentioned. At the very least it also messes with the flow of the match. These situations are just merely a couple things of many that come to mind in how I have created a certain trickery with Shun.</div></div>

Oh thank you professor! Shorter version: Shun has an attack with such a long execution time that it can break rising attacks while requiring no timing skill whatsoever. What an erudite Virtua genius you must be to exploit this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I admit that Shun has deviated me away from how the game is normally played. Because of this you're absolutely right - I wouldn't rely, nor be able to rely, on certain instances that Shun has when no other character does. My goal when I started learning Shun, after years of playing Jacky by the way, was to play him in a way no one else did, in a way that I felt he should be played because he was a drunk, and something that felt separated from the rest of the cast.</div></div>

I think I played your Jacky a few matches. I thought jcblack had hijacked your XBL account.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shun indeed does have bizarre properties that no one else does, and more importantly the fact that he was extremely buffed in VF5 makes people think he's broken. Well, he's damn good no doubt about it, but so many people don't know how to play against him.</div></div>

Of course they don't. The only way to learn him is to spend hours and hours and hours playing him. Zzzzzzz...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In regard to DMPK, I think it's somewhat silly to have morals about certain things in video games. If it works, USE IT! Why in the world DMPK ever became a hot topic is beyond me. It's highly punishable so just block the damn thing! The reason I use it with Shun is because it's one of the best DMPKs in the game. It knocks down, has good range, is relatively quick, and has numerous follow-up choices, especially whiffing on purpose with 3P afterward to gain a surprise advantage.</div></div>

It works like 90% of the time in those rare circumstances where an opponent actually recognizes that he has an advantage against Shun, because who wants to play defense at advantage. It is quasi-broken at the very least, imo. Obviously you conveniently disagree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whiffing / baiting is another thing worth noting that comes with experience. I doubt many people would say that they actually get hit on purpose, or at least put themselves in a situation on purpose where the outcome could be getting hit. I have many setups like this where I just don't care about getting hit because I have a plan afterward. This is where understanding VF, not just VF5 comes into play.</div></div>

Again, thank you professor! I would say that it is one thing to backdash against an overly aggressive opponent or an opponent who is using short pokes too much. It is another thing to back dash constantly, often going from close range to half a stage away. Funny how you try to recast this as some sort of ballsy move where you put yourself at risk when in fact it is the most defensive and bitch-like way to play. "I have a plan" = "I have a can of Spam that I am waiting open"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your mention of my using backdashy moves is also inherent with Shun - he has a special evade, and I'm going to use it because it frickin' rocks!</div></div>

We have another difference of opinion. You say: "It rocks!" I say "It sucks!" Not much common ground here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also Shun has a reason to stay away, two actually. He has a horrible close range game, and he needs to drink. So no one can ever complain about him staying away, unless that is all they do. You can complain that it's not fun, but if you're getting beat by it, learn from it.</div></div>

Gee, SEGA basically forces you to run away constantly. And they give you all those strings, so you have to spam them obvi. Or perhaps you like this character because you want to run away and dial-a-spam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not all of this is directed at you Happy, but if people are wondering if I'm lashing out I'm not. But some of my reasons for writing this were 1) obviously spurred on by what was just wrote, and 2) our last two matches Happy were deploreable! If all you're going to do is 80% side kicks in some cracked out way of trying to prove something why don't you just disconnect or ring yourself out when I join your game? Moreover why do you choose to rematch?! Did you choose to rematch because you wanted a second chance at winning that way after losing? If so, my victory couldn't have been sweeter!</div></div>

Did you forget the other day when you left after I won five games in a row using nothing but Jeff's mid kick? Yes those were shitty games, but I think all of your games are shitty because I think that you essentially use all of the wackest VF strategies: backdashing constantly, launching a spam barrage from said safe distance, if that gets interrupted or blocked -> use property move or dmpk. Rinse. Repeat. You think that is fun. I think that it is dogshit. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the victory once again lies within what I'm saying about understanding VF. How else should I have been able to come back in the last round, get you on your back, hop close to you during my handstand, get a major counter on your rising kick with my scissor kicks, make you afraid of kicking again, and upsidedown leg threw you to your death? I could have tried for an easy win, but I prefer a showmanship one. That is where my morals are in this game and with this character.</div></div>

Oh Jesus... Just keeping trying and stretching and working at it. Your have almost realized your dream of self-fellatio.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No matter what anyone says, and I've said it before, I'm not ashamed to admit that I take much pride in knowing that no one plays Shun the way I do. </div></div>

Again, I would say that if you have played one run-away, dmpk-loving Shun spammer, you've played em all. I do agree that you have gotten it to a science. The other shuns are the students, while you are the Professor of Spamology at VFU.

4. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Spread the Happy... errr Delusions

To quote myself:

See, you do care! [​IMG]

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Re: Bust War!

I don't want to get involved in you guys love affair, but I have to say that I agree with HappyFriend on this one. There is nothing more annoying than having an advantage you DON'T actually have.

There are a few characters in VF5 whose DM is so good that having an advantage means nothing if they spam it. For anyone who has played Haze789 I'm sure you will know what I'm talking about.

I guess this may partly be the reason DM's are gone from the current version of VF.

6. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

DMPK is sort of broken at Vanilla especially online. Regardless Wolf's DMPK, the timing in order to throw becomes soooooo difficult plus not guaranteed to punish on blocked. I'm glad it's gone at FS. [​IMG]

When someone is spamming DMPK as his main tactic, the first thing come up to my mind is he knows being at disadvantage but he doesn't know how to utilize defense skills. The guy Haze789 you mention is exactly fit in. However, DMPK is one good option I have to admit. [​IMG]

7. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

LOL@ ROD.. I i specifically leave Haze at Disadvantage just so he can do this. then i punish his ass and make him pay.

@Happy Friend - With all due respect You tend to run away with Jeff also and attack with pokes or delays. At least with Lau you stand toe to toe but guess what? you spam Too lmao!!! This argument between the both of you is Null and Void. Ya'll both use bullshit tatics to your advantage in a fight and it does'nt matter in the end. Just settle it online and record it.

8. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

I definitely welcome them being gone from the new version. Especially since it will force me to learn new tricks.

9. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

@SDS - I agree, I really like playing Happy's Lau. It's a fierce, frantic, fast-paced battle. I know Happy's moral mindset though and this can be his demise. Some others have this moral mindset also. The mindset I'm talking about is to try and always be in someone's face, constantly throwing out moves, and never / rarely stepping back and regrouping / rethinking the outcome. All the while I still love fighting against a very fierce opponent. It makes for a very interesting match. And this is why it is frustrating that Happy refuses to play his best against me anymore because I actually did enjoy the matches. Too bad he doesn't feel the same way.

10. Dennis0201

I can't help myself using 3P after DMPK cuz it's really good! [​IMG] Yeah, the good thing from my thought is FS force players either abare big or just play safe by using defense.

11. Happy_Friend

Yes, pokes and delays with Jeff. What is wrong with that? I don't think that "running away" is accurate because I hate being far away with Jeff. I will backdash some, but I don't think that is running away... By far the wackest thing I do with Jeff is 443pp, but it is useful and I wouldn't call it broken, just kind of bitch-like.

And I seem to recall your affinity for beat knuckle kick and slide shuffle over and over again vs. Jeff, combined with 1p from mid range over and over. Correct me if I am wrong. It is really fine; play how you want to play but your disses seem very nonsensical to me. And vs. my Lau you just give up and tell me not to join your sessions, playin me like my name was cooladdy!

Yes, I attack as much as possible with Lau. It is a fighting game after all. I will play D as much as I am forced to, but I would rather be attacking or throwing someone. I think I use less strings these days because I do not find them as useful. Most useful are Lau's 66p+k 6pp into chongawonga stance, low sweep, k+g, 8kk, 9p... I really have tried to have a better Lau that doesn't just spam strings. I play Jeff more anyway these days, but I have to admit that my Lau is better and more fun to play.

So... do I run away all the time or am I in everybody's face all the time? Or am I a jerk who's everywhere at once? This is kind of funny. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I am especially good at the game. I don't think that my Lau is a special artistic triumph or any such shit. To the extent that I win, I almost always have spent more hours/years playing the game than my opponent.

12. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug

[​IMG]

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Kingo (kingofallspammers!) dare to comment in this thread?

14. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Oh no I'm not talking about addy using it for that purpose, tactics lose their meaning if you keep doing them or if that's all you got(even if it's real good), and your opponent can deal with it(everybody got stuff they have trouble dealing with). Somebody like addy would just keep hitting 2P regardless of what's happening, cause that's all he's got, and him and players like him have trouble dealing with everything that happens in a match(and hope excessive 2P works for them), or that's what it looks like.

If you want to punish 2P spam(if they're spamming they're also not even checking the move, so you'll know what happens with their own 2P before they do), just back up and float the whiff. As a matter of fact, you have time to backdash after guarding a 2P and hitcheck the whiff, as well as the evade or DM P+K. That is some Jacky and Sarah tactics right there, that gets people to chill with hitting buttons and using reversals, or evade after having certain moves guarded. Cause Jacky and Sarah's movelist can be bait to beginner defenses, until you past that plateau with them.

I think that's why things like Akira DE guarded, into SDE is so good, cause if you backed up trying to get assured reward avoiding Akira's 2P, watching for reversals, or failed evades or something, Akira's SDE catch you and make you pay for trying to get Akira to swing at air.

15. SDS_Overfiend1

Pretty annoying is'nt it? you back dash at a kicks distance and you spam Knee bottlecut all day when in close. Please im not dissing you. Im comparing that bullshit you do to what you accused Jhow of doing. Stop fronting like you don't run away when you do. Yes i did tell you don't join because i am gonna sandbag it anytime i see you choo9se Lau. Whenver you get your ass crack with lau you break out. I play you a long session versus jeff so i can see how many 5 streaks i can run off without quit but you stuck around so kudos to you.

16. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

You know what guys, I learned something today. I learned that regardless of how you choose to play the game, there will always be people who think you are garbage. And I really shouldn't let it get to me, because clearly I am not the only one who has this problem.

17. Happy_Friend

Yo, Kaminari Overfiend, I find it hilarious that you refuse to fight my stronger character who spanks you and yet you inject yourself to comment on me and actually talk trash. My Lau has always beaten you like 95% of the time. I don't randomly diss you for this, but it needs to be pointed out because you are such an aggressive moron that you actually talk shit! And nowadays you pull the Air Jacky and dick around when we fight, which is also funny because I seem to recall you dissing Air Jacky for this too! You are obviously too dumb to realize how silly you are.

18. SDS_Overfiend1

I been peep what Air jacky does.. But you on the Other don't spank shit. Funny how you felt the need to throw that in there like its a confidence booster to you. Secondly After i beat the shit out of you last year and realized you don't like to see your Shitty lau get dusted i stop giving a fuck about playing you. So before you get your ass whupped and leave ill Dick around and waste your time. You get the Air Jacky treatment on purpose. Lastly Air Jacky has a purpose atleast although its full of Fail.. You on the other hand is known to quit after losing 3 in row with Lau. You would only stick around if you are winning so i let you get a game then i bounce. From where i sit it takes to long to standy out of a session with the new modem i got.

19. Dennis0201

One question, how often you guys can punish 2P spamming on block with regular elbow? The worse case for me is they can do uppercut after 2P on blocked and I got CH instead of using my elbow. [​IMG]

20. Happy_Friend

To the extent that your semi-literate posts actually make sense, I do not know wtf you are talking about. Did you get some wins back in 2009 when I was playing while drinking whiskey? If so, congratulations, but I don't remember it. As far as I can tell you are a dude who always makes excuses about losing and ducks people that spank him because his ego cannot suffer a spanking, especially if it is not from someone in the VF Frame Cult. Spank spank spank: That is what my Lau does to you --> Lau's 3 p+k to your Jacky's bare butt cheeks. Now and always. In the grand scheme of things, this does not mean anything except that you can't talk shit to me without being a completely clueless simpleton, which apparently you are. Stop playing so much VF and read some books, you stupid motherfucker.