1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Last Bronx- community and frame data?

Discussion in 'General' started by DS91, Apr 4, 2015.

1. FlawedFists

FlawedFists Active Member

PSN:
    FlawedFist
    Wow nice can't believe you found guide books on this game that's
    awesome, also thanks for the suggestion on the stick though I'm kind of scared of investing in a stick since there quite expensive any suggestions on sticks that are affordable? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

2. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

I can definitely fire up the Saturn and take a look at the training mode. From what I remember, they talk you through combos, and I'm pretty sure there is no frame data; if there is, I definitely haven't encountered it.

I think your best bet (aside from the guides you just received) for frame data might be old issues of Gamest, you can get them from Arcade-Gear. The top link is the Last Bronx page, which has some dedicated guides. The bottom is all of the issues of Gamest, which might have little snippets of information inside (you can control+F fro Last Bronx).

http://arcade-gear.com/Games/Last_Bronx/Last_Bronx.htm
    http://arcade-gear.com/Press/Gamest/Gamest.htm

Good luck with your search!

3. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    OK soooooo....

There's good news and bad news o_O

The good news is:

I've got 2 Last Bronx strategy guides from Japan, and they both contain frame data! :ROTFL: The data is the same in both, which suggests it is accurate.

The bad news is:

The frame data only seems to give hit level, damage, startup, active and recovery frames. No +/- on guard, hit or counter :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I would be very happy to share what I've got (will get some sample pics up later) in whatever format people prefer. I can take pictures (the datasets are small, like VF1 size I guess) or could start work to get the data in spreadsheet. Not sure if the mods here would allow it to go up as a separate table on the site... ....?

The quest for a full dataset continues. There are a couple of other guide books out there, but right now I guess there is a good chance they only contain the same data. I guess you could also try to work out approximate +/- using only knowledge of startup frames- but that would definitely need a community!

4. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    Thanks TD, would definitely be interested in an overview of that Japanese Disc 2!

Thanks for the links to Arcade Gear. The items I just received are items 1 and 6 from that page (although it was from a different site). I would like to get my hands on 5, the blue one, but not confident it will have the added +/- data. There is some sort of 'Advanced Guide' out there too which may possibly have it- I don't know...

One thing I do know is that for anyone interested in Fighting Vipers, the guides listed *here* on Arcade Gear will definitely contain at least as much frame data as the Last Bronx ones, so would be worth tracking down. Same for 'Fighters Megamix'

Again, not sure if the mods would allow old Sega frame data tables to live here on the site?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I liked it, along with fighting vipers and virtual on. I would like to get a hold of them again.

6. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    [​IMG]

Pai~Chun likes this.
  7. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    [​IMG]

oneida and Kruza like this.
  8. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    [​IMG]

Kruza likes this.
  9. DS91

DS91 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dat91Scrub
    Above are a few samples of the data I have been able to get hold of. The book is also packed with what I guess are strategy notes for most of the major moves of each character. Unfortunately I don't read Japanese!